It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deal on Immigration Reached Between White House and Senate

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
The deadlock in Congress promises to keep that immigration bill from the President's desk until some time this Fall. If you want to give the kids in Washington a piece of your mind, now is the time to do it. If they don't hear from very many of us, they'll assume that we agree with them. Speak now, or forever hold your peices.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I will join you in central america, I am going down to look at property in cota rica, Iwill move there the day they swear in Hillary. Ron Paul or Costa Rica.

As for this bill ever passing, I wouldn't count on it. The house will never let it through, they can't run away from Bush fast or far enough and since over 80% of americans dont want it it wont happen. They have elections to win you know and since they already failed on stopping this unconstitutional, immoral, illegal war they can not let this bill through. I see a possibility of many senators and congressmen losing their seats to no name independents in 2008, if we dont let DIEBOLD count the votes that is.

GOD BLESS AMERICA AND GOD BLESS RON PAUL

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Your point is valid, and I'm hoping that we will all keep those calls, letters, and e-mails going to D.C. so that our leaders have a clear and uncut picture of what we really want. If you write or e-mail, take the time to spell out exactly what you think should be done, and why you think along those lines. Don't be rude. Be brief and to the point. You're not just speaking for yourself. You are speaking for your kids, and the future generations who follow them. Use your voice while you still have it.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I've decided to try and put a different spin on this conversation. If you're interested, I'd welcome your input.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Okay, then. I guess we're done here. Let's be ready for this debate th next time it comes up. If we don't fight for our freedoms, they WILL be taken from us "for our own good."

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Justin Oldham
That's why I try to promote good civics. Good citizenship means being well informed on a wide variety of issues. It has been my experience to date that the people who discover that they can advocate for second amendment right later on further discover that they can speak up on other Constitutional matters as well.

Well, one Constitutuional matter that's still up for grabs in the Judicial system is that the second-highest court in the land has ruled that the 1st Amendment Right to Petition for Redress of Grievances does not include the Right to expect an answer or action from the Government! Even against historical precedence & the wide acceptance of the Right to Petition that was practiced by the early American Government, I think we can still nail them with this:
Even though the Government has traditionally used "sovereign immunity" except when Congress specifically votes otherwise, there's still historical precedence to use as a lever. That, and the fact that "Congress shall make no law abridging (the named 1st Amendment Rights)." Any attempt to "abridge" those Rights is in violation of Constitutuional Oath & that's the edge the People need to use.

More complete information & the battle for our Citizens' Rights can be found at We The People Foundation & the En Banc Request to the court's decision is also available. In effect, the court ruled in favor of the Government to adopt a monarchial position above the People & the Constitution itself.

Originally posted by Justin Oldham
Your point is valid, and I'm hoping that we will all keep those calls, letters, and e-mails going to D.C. so that our leaders have a clear and uncut picture of what we really want.

Personally, I've found Numbers USA to be a good source for tracking your Reps/Senators' voting records, popping off free faxes with your concerns/opinions & even provides you with phone numbers to use too...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join