It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This may Appear Racist but its a fact

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Islamorada
In the United States in 2006, 37,460 white females were sexually assaulted or raped by a black man, while between zero and ten black females were sexually assaulted or raped by a white man.

Do you have any credible sources for these figures? If true those are some astonishing and telling numbers... Personally I always thought there was no particular pattern to rape but this has triggered my curiosity, I'll do some reading...

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Ill ask the question here then if noone will, why don't White Males raping black women statistically line up with Black males raping white women ?

I have this friend (white) who married an Indonesian women and one day we got talking as to what her attraction was to a whiteman. Her answer come from left field and shocked me, her reasoning ( and she claimed it was a common theme amongst women there ) was the dream to have a blonde haired blue eyed child.

What is this and how does it fit into this topic ???? Ill let you work that out.

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by mazzroth
Ill ask the question here then if noone will, why don't White Males raping black women statistically line up with Black males raping white women ?

Because they didn't give a damn to keep track of that when white men raped black women with abandon. I guess the idea was that you couldn't rape your property.

And like I said, black men have the book thrown at them when they rape white women. White men had NOTHING done to them when they raped black women.

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeka
Because they didn't give a damn to keep track of that when white men raped black women with abandon. I guess the idea was that you couldn't rape your property.

And like I said, black men have the book thrown at them when they rape white women. White men had NOTHING done to them when they raped black women.

I guess your refering to the old slave days ? well this is my take on that mate...How long do people hold a grudge ? how long is considered long enough to pass on a generational hatred for past wrongs ? I made sure I never passed on any racial hatred to my children so that any chips on my shoulder or baggage are not "THEIRS" to inherit.

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Those Rape Statistics come from a DOJ crime report for the year 2005

Victims and Offenders 2005

Table 42 on page 30 of the PDF

white Rape Victims in 2005 111,490
white on white rape 44.5 percent 49,613
black on white rape 33.6 percent 37,460
other races on white 19.6 percent 21852
unknown on white 2.3 percent 2,564

black rape victims in 2005 36,620
black on black rape 100 percent 36,620
white on black rape 0 percent statisticly less than 10 cases according to the report
other races on black rape 0 percent statisticly less than 10 cases according to the report
unknown on black 0 percent statisticaly less than 10 cases according to the report

I have a hard time believing that white on black rape was less than ten.

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by mazzroth
I guess your refering to the old slave days ? well this is my take on that mate...How long do people hold a grudge ? how long is considered long enough to pass on a generational hatred for past wrongs ? I made sure I never passed on any racial hatred to my children so that any chips on my shoulder or baggage are not "THEIRS" to inherit.

You have been implying that darker skinned men are more prone to rape white women than vice versa, as if there is an innate drive to rape in dark skinned males. I pointed out that white males are no saints when it comes to raping darker females.

The times are different, but the comparison stands. You just gotta face the fact that white males are not saints that are innately prone not to rape women, as you seem to imply.

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeka
You have been implying that darker skinned men are more prone to rape white women than vice versa...

Yet the current statistic do seem to suggest that is the case. I too have a hard time believing the exact accuracy of the figures. However even with a few percent margin of error (due to certain objective factors) the figures are still very lopsided. While we can agree that all rape is horrible is it not appropriate to ask why in this particular case the numbers are so different?

SR

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I do not want to derail the thread in anyway i just want to point out to both parties in the discussion that a problem 'could' be that the rape is simply not reported:

Rapes Still Not Being Reported
The National Crime Victimization Survey includes statistics on reported and unreported crimes in America. Sexual assault is one of the most underreported crimes, with more than half still being left unreported. Utilizing services such as The National Sexual Assault Hotline can help encourage victims to get help and report what has happened to them so that more perpetrators can be brought to justice.

www.rainn.org...

Mod Edit: to apply external quote code, please review this link

[edit on 2-6-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I don't believe for a minute that white men don't rape black women. Perhaps most of these women don't report it because they fear they'll be discriminated against. And perhaps some others stop after the first one or two hurdles, i.e. explaining their "complaint" to the authoriies. I live in a white part of the UK. A friend was recently raped by a neighbour. She is a meek, quiet, soft-spoken girl. He is an ugly, heavy-drinking predator type, and looks every inch a baddie. They went to court recently and after she explained in detail all that happened to her and he mumbled that he coundn't remember what he did, and the police saying that he admitted it at the time, he got away with it. Not enough evidence. Her relationship with her partner ended soon after and the rapist and his family frequently slash her car tyres and make anonymous phone threats, just for the fun of it. Evil comes in all shades but if men are gathering in packs to do this to women of another race because they hate that race then this is pure evil and it really could start a war. We need to stay calm and not hate everyone because of the acts of a few monsters, however it is a sign that some races really don't mix. I'm not a racist either but if people can't integrate and get on with folk with different religions, traditions and what they wear then they really should go back to where they come from.

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I find it extremely hard to believe that for whatever reason 100-99% of black women who are raped by white men (in the US) choose not to report the crime. Yet a sizable portion of black women choose to report the crime when they are raped by black men.

We can come up with all sorts of reasons to continue denying the data in order to avoid answering the question but it still remains, why such a difference? There is no need to get upset or resort to racism over it, it's a valid question, what is causing this apparent phenomena?

Also, normally if the discrepancy was reasonable it could be more easily explained as judicial/social bias or unreported crime, but in this case the figures are nowhere close.

[edit on 28-5-2007 by WestPoint23]

SR

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   
False rape allegations:

Linda Fairstein, former head of the New York County District Attorney’s Sex Crimes Unit, noted, “There are about 4,000 reports of rape each year in Manhattan. Of these, about half simply did not happen. ... It’s my job to bring justice to the man who has been falsely accused by a woman who has a grudge against him, just as it’s my job to prosecute the real thing.” (Sexual Violence: Our War Against Rape. William Morrow & Company, 1993.)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seventy-five percent of confirmed rape victims in the study said they knew the assailant. About half of the false claims involved a non-existent stranger, with another third involving slight acquaintances. The essentially anonymous rapist effectively absolves the complainant of responsibility and affirms her innocence. An unsolvable case also shifts responsibility to the alleged offender and ultimately to the police.

www.cmrlink.org...

[edit on 28-5-2007 by SR]

KTK

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I wish to respond to both the o.p and dock6 Do i think your post was racist? No because i have lived through it. Let me fill you in about what i deem reverse racism because noone acknowledges it exisits and there is no proper name for it

Im a 28 year old female who grew up in an area of sydney where i was an anglo minority.

Now in primary(elementry) school my best friend was lebanese muslim, she was the eldest daughter and was pretty much a domestic slave at 3. She had 4 younger brothers who were treated like kings. They had her living in fear because they could say stuff to her parents and she would get a beating, while the boys were encouraged to disrespect the mother and sister. This culture is part of the problem. The only reason i had her as a friend was because her mother was born here to some of the first muslim migrants, mum was the only lebanese girl in her area so she had no choice but to assilimlate. She was 15 when she married her imported husband and had my friend by 16. So i was tolerated, and learned alot about lebanese and muslim culture, i use to spend ramadam with them. But i felt it when family and freinds were over who didnt approve of me.

You see they consider us dirty, in all ways. Even me patting a dog on the street would get my friend wound up. Eating with my left hand,eating cheese and bacon balls, you name it it offends. Every facet of Anglo culture disrespects their beliefs.

High school is where it gets bad,this is where teens search for an identity and in multi culural areas this is defined by cultural heritage. During my teens i learned a few leb survial skills, which included wearing baggy non revealing cloths(not that it helped much i would still get harassed walking down the street with"hey aussie slut want a gang bang' this was in 1992 before it got to the media), learning how to speak leb was invaluable cause they will speak in it thinking you dont understand planning rape/roll scenarios, i never went out the house by myself(maybe this is why women need chaperones in muslim countries) and making sure you never under any circumstance make eye contact(another womans custom in muslim countries). These tactics saved me from being raped,however i did come close on many occasions.

Unfortunatly it was a diferent story for my brother, imagine a weedy white kid in a leb area, he was bashed and rolled almost everyday, in the end he didnt finish school and literally became a prisoner at home, i think he got to paranoid about leaving he house. Hes doing ok now as we moved not long after that.

i dare for anyone to claim my above posts are racist, you want to know what i discovered growing up in this environment, our migrants are more racist than you average liberal anglo. I found the chinese kids i grew up with as well to be especially racist. Many were not alowed to have aussie freinds. This brings me to another point, there are asian gangs a plenty in sydney that are into more hardcore crime than what the lebs are. I have never in my life had a problem with an asian gang because they keep to themselves(secret society style) and you have to mess with them before they mess with you. The lebs on the other hand are trouble seeking with anti social personality disorders the only smart thing they can acheive is labanese back and centrelink fraud, they leave asian people alone because they are too scared of asian gangs.

I am by no means painting all lebanese muslims this way there is just a certain group from the same area of lebanon that have certain areas of sydney in fear. I moved well away from sydney after having my first child as i didnt want them to have to deal with the same crap i did. Sydney is purposely being turned into a mega ghetto and i don think it is an accident. i would like to hear more theories on to why this is.

[edit on 28-5-2007 by KTK]

KTK

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   
dock 6 im interested in your murdoch ideas, i have never come across the name you called him. Do you have any links or old posts about this. Ive always thought he was a sinister turd with an agenda i cant quite work out.
Why is he backing rudd?

Someone before mentioned the christian lebanese. My best friend now is of maronite stock. She herself dislikes her race and culture. Mind you she has always been a bit of a rebel, her parents sent her to be straightened out by family in the US as a teen. She ended up coming back home pregnant to a mexican. She is pretty much disowned by her family now.

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   

We are discussing facts. Not opinions. Well, statistics anyway, not real sure the term 'fact' is all that appropiate but its the system we use.

Furthermore, Im Native American, a minority, so I couldnt be racist even if I wanted to be. In order for one to be racist, they must be of the majority... not the minority.

Here:

en.wikipedia.org...

Lets first understand the basic definition of racism, then we can better discuss its factors.

I gotta call (snip) on this..I'm a black man, and I know plenty of black racists, anyone can be racist, you don't need to be white..and I don't buy those rape stats one bit. Anyone who thinks only the majority race(white people) can be racist hasn't a clue, sorry.

[edit on 2-6-2007 by dragonseeker]

Mod Edit: Vulgarity and The Automatic ATS Censors - Please Review This Link

[edit on 2-6-2007 by chissler]

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by god_of_wine
Native American here too and you can in fact be racist and are by saying what you said. Rape is bad. Skin color is irrelevant.

Gee wilikers.....if I got raped by a swell white guy, then that would be just peachy. I hope I never get raped by a sub-human brown man, though. EWwwww. Rape is only acceptable if Bradford Wently III does it. He has a roman numeral at the end of his name.

OMG! What a moronic post.!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Yes some First Nations people practised slavery.

There is no such people as the "Mound Builders" though, Native people used

mounds as away to bury their dead and many mound became very large due to

the Genocide of the Native Peoples during the time.

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miishgoos

Yes some First Nations people practised slavery.

There is no such people as the "Mound Builders" though, Native people used mounds as away to bury their dead and many mound became very large due to the Genocide of the Native Peoples during the time.

I don't wanna steal this thread, but I'd like to address this posting as I have given the subject some study. I'm not native (though my kids are 1/16th Mohawk) and I surely don't believe in appropriation of voice, so my words come with all due respect.

It is true that a number of Native people would bury their dead in mounds. In fact, as Miishgoos would agree, some people would have a primary burial soon after death, and later on would retrieve the remains and re-inter them in a mass grave...an ossuary. This is where clans and families would gather for the Feast of the Dead...I believe this was the practice for the Iroquois.

But before the 5 (then 6) Nations, there was a group of Native people identified by their culture, who built large mounds...some actually earthen pyramids. The largest was, I believe, at St. Louis, on the Mississippi, though there were a number of lesser mounds around Florida and Alabama. Some of the cultural influence made it as far as Southern Ontario...note Serpent Mounds.

North American Indians had enormous step-pyramid type mounds which they built, and a society able to support such endeavours. Not Egyptians...not whites...but the indigenous people of these lands.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 11:50 PM
link   
www.rense.com...

Some more of what I have been saying, its so sad that the very people who screamed rascist are now doing the very same thing. Sickens my stomach to see pure filth get away with crap like this.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 04:09 AM
link   
No matter what your skin colour is Rape is wrong & the scum who do this deserve to be in jail.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 05:29 AM
link   

What this means is that every day in the United States, over one hundred white women are raped or sexually assaulted by a black man

Whatsmore, the government figures show that there are almost no rapes by White men against Black women.

That is simply not correct. Government figures are not accurate...
You may find this interesting.

Covington (1995) reveals the disparities with the interpretation of statistics for the purpose of determining race in the United States. The United States relies upon ‘recording race on birth/death records in the census. Membership in either the Black race or the White race has been the most consistently recorded’. There exists within the methodology a void as ‘Asians, Hispanics, and other groups have at varying times been combined and listed as ‘Other’’. Consequently, it is ‘possible to apply racial typologies to behavior based on comparisons between blacks and whites, and less frequently to comparisons between ‘Other’ races’.

Del Pozo (2001) also confirms this and claims that the data is distorted ‘by the misleading characterization of Hispanics as white in federal crime reports’. The statistics are not absolute, nor an accurate guide to determine racial typologies, especially when ‘a person of Mexican or Colombian descent, for example, is arrested for a robbery, it is recorded as a white person committing the crime’.

Author = Me

References and Bibliography per excerpt.

Jeanette Covington, ‘Racial Classification in Criminology: The Reproduction of Racialized Crime’ (1995) 10 Sociological Forum 547, 548 JSTOR at 6 September 2006

Brandon del Pozo, Guided by Race: An Ethical and Policy Analysis of Racial Profiling in Law Enforcement Decisionmaking (2001) 19 QUT Law & Justice Journal 1, 2

Donald R. Cressney, ‘Criminological Research and the Definition of Crimes’ (1951) 56.6 The American Journal of Sociology 546-551, 546 JSTOR at 10 September 2006.

Graham Hughes, ‘The Concept of Crime: An American View’ (1959) Criminal Law Review 239-339, 301.

Hajjar, Lisa, ‘In Times Of Trouble: The Problem Of Racial Profiling’ (2002) GSC Quarterly
(Speech delivered at the Race Matters Lecture Series, UCSB Multicultural Center January 28 2002) at 3 September 2006

Holdaway, Simon, ‘Constructing and Sustaining ‘Race’ within the Police Workforce’ (1997) 48 The British Journal of Sociology JSTOR at 9 September 2006

[edit on 12-6-2007 by NJE777]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join