It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some new features on ATS (and soon BTS and PTS)

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Implosion
You've quoted me out of context there.

Sorry. I thought i read it correctly.

I stand by my comment. This is worthless. It's just a popularity thing - whoever posts something that agrees with the prevailing thought process will be getting the stars.

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Those Amigo's can never win :shk:

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Well, no matter what anyone does anywhere, someone will disagree with it. It's just being human.

If there's a star system to use, I'll use it. If there isn't, no big deal. Popularity issues? Never much cared. The dog likes me. I think.

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05
Those Amigo's can never win :shk:

No kidding, right?

Well, I think like most changes to ATS over the years, some people will be opposed to it and then come around in time.

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Kudos to the new configuration of the star system.

Now it will actually have a purpose and serve it well.

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   
You all know that when a mod transfers a thread from ATS to PTS that it takes all the stared posts and makes them 1 star posts, even if that was not the intention of the person who marked it?

just thought I would mention it, in case no one was aware of that fact.

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Admins,

Would it be possible to reward points for every star someone gets?

As there is no longer a "Way Above" award, this could be another way to reward posts that someone believes to be excellent.

So let's say for every star a person receives, 100 points is added to their account.

I want to show my appreciation to someone and give them a star, but it really is only a show of faith.

The person does not know who starred them nor do they really receive any tangible "boost."

I would like to be able to notify people who I have starred.

Maybe that could be added.

If you star someone, they get a notification that so and so agreed with a particular post.

Thanks.

Anyone else agree?

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   
So far, this is working better. I'll see how I feel after a few days.

But in certain threads where some posts had one or two stars, it surely is funny to see them have a line of 20 or more now! Shows that there was malicious hanky-panky going on.

Tsk to whoever it was that played "star wars" and dragged down people's posts for no valid reason. I bet it really stings that it has now had the opposite effect from what you intended.

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
The Star Rating System for posts has been refined (so far, on ATS-only).

Now, all members have 1 star to award any given post (in eligible forums). The stars displayed for each post simply indicate the number of Star-votes the post has received.

If a moderator "stars" a thread, two stars will appear. If a Super-mod or Admin stars a post, three stars will be applied.

The existing posts with votes are showing the quantity of star votes that have been received (each previous vote has counted as one-star, regardless if it was a 1-star or 5-star vote).

This should go a long way toward solving the issues many of our members observed with potential abuse of the star ranking system.

The star display in mini-profiles will also be refined soon.

Well done, Sir. The concept of the star system was great to begin with, but inevitably, certain people found a way to abuse it. This new modification to the system is an even better idea, and provides a much better (and more bullet-proof) way to give kudos to other members of our meritocracy.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
So far, this is working better. I'll see how I feel after a few days.

But in certain threads where some posts had one or two stars, it surely is funny to see them have a line of 20 or more now! Shows that there was malicious hanky-panky going on.

Yeah! That's better! I always knew Skep would put his mind to it. He has. Way to go! Excellent idea!
But darn, it's impossible to satisfy everyone!

But hey, I agree with what MM just mentioned about seeing a billion stars all strung out in a neat line above the post!! Can it run into a hundred lines? Wow! Stars all the way down to the bottom of the Grand Canyon! So why not one stripe for every 10 stars? So what have we here? Stars and Stripes!!!

Cheers!

[edit on 19-6-2007 by mikesingh]

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I think the whole starring posts thing is working out pretty good. Just been seeing good posts with a bunch of stars and stuff

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join