It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So We Have a Post Rating/Member Rating System Now?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I have a suggestion.

Perhaps a limit should be applied, like how you could only give 3 WATS votes a month,
perhaps we should limit it to only being able to star people three times a day.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Don't you think your being too much of a baby about it? No offense, but I see no reason to get worked up over this, if you don't like the new rating system then all you have to do is ignore it, act as if it wasn't there. It's as simple as that.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
I think it's there to improve the quality of posts. Plain and simple.

So reward good posts?

Look back on the previous pages. People have been rated down for asking questions. How does that encourage good posting?

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
Explain why: Minnie gets two ratings of 1 star for asking questions.
Why I get a 2 star rating for answering her.

Because its an average, and your just looking at the first star someone put down. Over time as others flag that post the one star will most likely increase.

Originally posted by NGC2736
Here was my reasoning: she got a couple of stars for an fair question, though I would have gave her three if the question could not have been answered by reading some of the back posts, and I gave you three for a civil answer to what could have been a reason to tell her to read instead of asking.

Exactly, the answer was right there on page one, all that was required was a bit of reading.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   
What did I tell ya? The stars are now gone. Sometimes I hate being right all the time.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone
Don't you think your being too much of a baby about it? No offense, but I see no reason to get worked up over this, if you don't like the new rating system then all you have to do is ignore it, act as if it wasn't there. It's as simple as that.

...because just like the real world, we don't place our heads in the sand and hope things go away. If we dislike something, we have a voice and should use it. I am sure the staff would rather have both negative and positive view-points rather than just positive.

In fact, let us use your arguement all over the site: Dislike the War on Terror? Ignore it. Disagree with the Bush Administration Policy on Immigration? Ignore it!

Let's never do a thing to change what we disagree with. -thumbs up-

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   

look at Minnie's rating.

Look at enjoies' rating! All he did was tell everyone about the stars and he is down to 2 stars.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   
what a comparison. It's not war on terror, this is only a website, get over it.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Please direct your attention to this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

(thread closed)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join