It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Universe's 'Missing' Matter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Dark matter comes in two forms. About 10 percent is composed of undetected ordinary matter—like what makes up you, me, planets, stars, and interstellar gas—called baryonic matter.

The rest is a mysterious material called non-baryonic dark matter, which makes up more than a quarter of the universe.

news.nationalgeographic.com...

How significatnt is this news? Is there any other research material available on this?

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 03:59 AM
link   
working link

I remember watching a documentary that stated that there could very well be 'galaxies' of this non-baryonic dark matter right over our own. It's a very interesting subject and seems to be the way to go as far as getting to know our universe better.

[edit on 15-5-2007 by laiguana]

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Err, why is this thread and question being posted in the aircraft projects section? This is a science question perhaps the mods can shift it to a more appropriate forum where you will get the answers you seek?

LEE.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   
NASA seems to have made a few discoveries.
www.nasa.gov...

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 12:42 AM
link   
DIG - Thanks for the link.

"A universe that's dominated by dark stuff seems preposterous, so we wanted to test whether there were any basic flaws in our thinking," said Doug Clowe of the University of Arizona at Tucson, and leader of the study. "These results are direct proof that dark matter exists."

I fiond this really interesting...even the scientists are bothered about the 'dark' stuff...

new topics

top topics

join