It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

May 15th (Tomorrow)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
TUESDAY MAY 15 2007

DO NOT PURCHASE GAS FOR YOUR AUTOMOBILE.
Tomarrow dont buy any gas from your fueling station(US only).

There is a worlwide fueling ban and together we can take 3 billion dollars out of big oil's wallet, just for one day. The last time this was attempted was 1997, and the price went down 30 cents/gallon the following day. We need to take the oil market back to caveat vendor immediatly! Perhaps tomarrow will show the consumers that they do have that power.

Staff Edit of Title

[edit on 5/15/2007 by Djarums]

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Yea! That'll show em! You still have to drive the same as you did last Tuesday, so you still have to get fuels, right? So TWICE as much fuel will be sold on the 16th. Glad you posted this!

And a little info on who it really hurts when you boycott something. Everybody. From the cashier at the gas station, to the guys that fix the trucks hualing it. OPEC doesn't care, you still have to buy the gas.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Im beginning to think this is a NWO scheme to laugh at the idiots. They buy up gas on the 14th and the 16th, big whuup. This is not going to make any changes. Did you see that thread aboout the little gas station being told by the gov raise the price of their gas. Now THATS a story!

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   
The $'s they lose tomorrow will be made up in the rest of the week. Gas is a necessity and THEY have a monopoly. We can't beat them. Nice thought though. You want to beat them? Buy a VW diesel if you have the money. Car pool. Public transit. That's the only REAL way to get them. A 1 day embargo won't work.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I guess it's divided we fall. But it really is all about supply and demand. Even a one day embargo would cause the next day price to fall 10%. That is one power people forget they have over any big corporation and the includes the government.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   
"They" laugh at this kind of stuff. Besides, gas isn't just used to run our vehicles. It's used all over the place. Natural gas in homes, factories, etc. There is no way in hell the truckers will not buy gas. Their jobs are dependent on it. No way this will work in my humble opinion.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lightman9202
I guess it's divided we fall. But it really is all about supply and demand. Even a one day embargo would cause the next day price to fall 10%. That is one power people forget they have over any big corporation and the includes the government.

Not anymore. You hurt their wallet, they'll hurt yours the next day. Prices WON'T fall the next day, they'll rise. Last year when the prices were at there highest Exxon post record profits. Does that sound like they were hurt because of "supply and demand"?

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cale, Logan
"They" laugh at this kind of stuff. Besides, gas isn't just used to run our vehicles. It's used all over the place. Natural gas in homes, factories, etc. There is no way in hell the truckers will not buy gas. Their jobs are dependent on it. No way this will work in my humble opinion.

True Logan, love the name btw.
Not to mention that petrolium products are also used in plastics such as neoprene. What your phone is probably made of. And many other products as well. THEY have the power. If I had the money I'd invest in THEM.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I walk and ride a bike 99% of the time. Sometimes I go somewhere in someones car.

I hate gas, price control, manipulation, and the false energy paradigm that keeps us controlled.

Free energy is every. Water Cars are real.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   
lol so i'll just fill my tank up today right?

sorry, your intentions are good, just not gonna work

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lightman9202

This has been done before. No change in gas prices then, and there will not be any later.

People must consume less gas, or the supply needs to increase.

You would help the environment more if you didn't use any air tomorrow.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Im beginning to think this is a NWO scheme to laugh at the idiots. They buy up gas on the 14th and the 16th, big whuup. This is not going to make any changes. Did you see that thread aboout the little gas station being told by the gov raise the price of their gas. Now THATS a story!

Yea, that's within 50 miles of where I live, here in Wisconsin. I think it's a crock that a person can't offer a discount from time to time.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 10:59 PM
link   
You're not hurting the oil companies if you don't buy gas tomorrow. They're still going to make their profit and they're still going to move their product unless you find a way to USE YOUR CAR LESS.

It's not rocket science, and frankly, i'm sick of hearing this oil boycott day. Just another waste of time idea to make us feel good about ourselves so when it all comes crashing down, i can at least say "well, *I* tried!"

Use less gas and you'll get your point across. I've managed to convince my boss to let me work from home two days per week. It has worked so well that all seven of my co-workers work from home 2 out of 5 days now, and we're looking to move up to 3. I used to have to get gas every week, now it's every two weeks. That's basically 13 gallons per week i'm saving by not driving to and from work those two days. Multiply that by 7 and my boss is roughly saving nearly 100 gallons of gas per week. Of course i'm averaging so it's not completely accurate, but it's a good estimation.

If employers would work with their employees, and give them more freedom when it is doable rather than stick to tradition and make people go into work, we might be able to make a dent. But i dont think we could get that done by tomorrow.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Isnt this great?

Could someone help me make a decision? Should i buy groceries, buy medicines i need, or should i fill up my tank?

Thanx.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 11:25 PM
link   
That would be easy for me, I haven't driven a car in years. But I do take public transportation, it's fast efficient, but still uses up natural resources - albeit at a slower rate than all the passengers would do driving cars.

So should I not use public transportation tomorrow as well? Oh wait, I work too far for that to be feasible.

And DG, even if you buy groceries, etc, at one point they too would have travelled by truck, train, ship, plane, etc. Something else to consider.

Perhaps use only local products tomorrow as well.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I predict that not buying gasoline on the 15th will have a negative effect.

Prediction.

On the 15th, gas companies will be expecting less gas to be sold, hence, they will drop the price for that day to accommodate this temporary drop in sales, in an effort to increase sales.

However, they also know that the day after the one day boycott, everyone who did not fill their tanks on the 15th will flock to the gas stations on the 16th, seeing as they are likely low on fuel now.
So, any half-way intelligent businessman will hike their gas prices WAY up on the 16th, knowing that you will have to pay that price, because you're now out of fuel.

And you boycotted the gas for a day thinking it would help. lol.

You'll be lucky if the gas companies don't leave the price at the 16th's price level... just despite you.

Actually, now that I think of it... the gas companies are likely the people who came up with the idea for the May 15th gas boycott

You just fell directly into their trap... willingly.

Now that you know that this is actually a trap... how can you not fall into it?
Easy, wait for the gas companies to drop the prices on the 15th temporarily, and fill up then... and hope to god they don't keep the prices high after the 16th.

[edit on 15-5-2007 by johnsky]

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglelord
I walk and ride a bike 99% of the time. Sometimes I go somewhere in someones car.

I hate gas, price control, manipulation, and the false energy paradigm that keeps us controlled.

Free energy is every. Water Cars are real.

Heard of a water car that goes 100 MPG, it was some kind of modified car using water. Can you maybe give me a link about that, if you can please? And if hydrogen is able to be controlled for optimum use we can use it in cars. I know its been in the works, just havnt paid attention. Zero Emission. Heh, looks like it might be a long time before we beat the system that we revolve around a.k.a oil.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Actually the only way to make oil and oil products to become lower in price is to remove it as a commodity on the world stock exchanges. Seriously, as far fetched as the idea sounds, if you remove the profit margin from speculations, then the oil would lose value as tradable intrest. The stockpiles of barrels of oil being bought at a low price then sold at a higher price would be immediately released to recover as much profit as possible.

As far as lowering gas prices, boycotts would only become effective after one or two months. Unfortunately the few independant gas station owners left would be out of business and local supply and demand would take over.

The best way to lower gas prices is to make sure that oil is used for needed things and not wasted on plastics. The bottled water that so many like to carry around like they are on urban safari is by far a large reason in the high price of fuel than conspiracy between the oil companies to raise prices artificially.

When I was a kid, you used to get a dime for returning a glass bottle at the store. Yes plastic bottles can be recycled too. Too bad that not enough states participate like Michigan, California and Vermont do.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Heard of a water car that goes 100 MPG, it was some kind of modified car using water. Can you maybe give me a link about that, if you can please?

I think you are thinking of this...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Anyhow, not to cut you off, but everyone is being suckered into a trap by this May 15th gasoline boycott... it will in fact drive the prices up more!!!!!!!!!

Read my above post.

[edit on 15-5-2007 by johnsky]

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 12:05 AM
link   
How about you ride your bicycle or public transit? Just a suggestion.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join