It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ground Zero Illnesses Clouding Giuliani's Legacy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Ground Zero Illnesses Clouding Giuliani's Legacy

www.nytimes.com

nyone who watched Rudolph W. Giuliani preside over ground zero in the days after 9/11 glimpsed elements of his strength: decisiveness, determination, self-confidence.

-snip-

...Mr. Giuliani might have allowed his sense of purpose to trump caution in the rush to prove that his city was not crippled by the attack.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I'm usually slow to respond to what I consider to be a topic best left to Americans, But thought this is an interesting development in the upcoming election, so I thought I'd put it up.

I watched as Giuliani proved his strength throughout the events unfolding after that terrifying date and I had (and still have) much admiration for him.

Bottom line (?) I like him.

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   

...the city ultimately became responsible for thousands of workers and volunteers while, critics say, its health and safety standards went lacking.

“I would describe it as a conspiracy of purpose,” said Suzanne Mattei, director of the New York office of the Sierra Club, which has been critical of how the cleanup was handled. “It wasn’t people running around saying, ‘Don’t do this safely.’ But there was a unified attempt to do everything as fast as possible, to get everything up and running as fast as possible. Anything in the way of that just tended to be ignored.”

Apparently, in a rush to lead his city into recovery mode, Giuliani and the Feds turned a blind eye to safety. Now the city is faced with a second wave of 9/11 casualties in the form of the debilitating health of Ground Zero workers.

I have no doubt that this will become a sore point of contention with Giuliani's presidential election bid.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Rudy cleaned up NYC in his first term. His second term was a total bust and the city was hating him on 9/10. 9/11, as awful and horrific as it was, allowed Rudy to gain Saint status in the eyes of the world.

The NY Daily news ran an article in today's paper (www.nydailynews.com) that shows the results of a local poll. The locals prefer Bloomberg to Giulliani as Mayor and as a potential president. In my eyes, the very best way to determine someone's ability to lead and govern, you ask the folks who are being led and governed how they see it. the numbers are very one sided in Bloomie's favor.

Rudy was a rock during and after the attacks but the way he handled things after the dust had settled was awful. There's no doubt that the folks who worked for days and months in the pit would have done it even if they were told the air wasn't clean and that they were risking their lives. They were digging for their brothers and they would have done so if you had told them they would likely die. That is how these folks think. They might have done things differently tho. Maybe used some kind of protective masks or something. Why isn't Rudy fighting for them now that they are dying? Why isn't he speaking out about how they are sick now and how they deserve better medical attention and benefits?

Rudy's a nice guy. He did a stellar job of controlling our city during that period. He is not, in my eyes, capable of leading the country. He's got way too many skeletons in that closet and he needs to learn the importance of the position he holds or wants to hold. He has allowed marital issues and family issues to take priority over business too often here.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Rudy did alot, see walking through the dust for NY and feel he really believed in what he was doing before and his ba attempt to cover his own head as it took place.

Rudy, also, I thought, became a Republican front runner until he decided to play a Swarezengareer(SP?) in Cal(ee)fornia, but Ca's a basic democratic State, I feel. Arnyie's principles could be used outside of it as Rudy tried adjusting the public in America to.

Then Rudy decided right to choice and that may have hurt in the Rep race? It's not all cheques and balances but morhaps people who believe in certain freedoms but don't want freedoms allowed in other moral votes.

Anyway, personally, being not of American citizenship, Rudy would have been an exceptional President. Now he has chance - none.

Less Hillary, if Gore were to run, he'll win. Hillary being the vice. Else, I feel Hillary will win less Gore's entrance in the democratic race?

Dallas

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Are we talking about the same Rudolph Giuliani?

We are, aren't we?

Rudolph Giuliani is a Gangster.

Edit: removed insult.

[edit on 14-5-2007 by intrepid]

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I tell you what I like Rudi and will have him as president over any of the other death brain and dinosaurs candidate available in the Republic party at this time.

He did a great job.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nobusuke Tagomi
Rudolph Giuliani is a Gangster, you Fools!

Of course, he's a gangster! He's a politician, isn't he?

Seriously, though, like many politicians he has two faces. The persona he displays to the public and through the media, and the true one that's shown behind closed doors. Part actor, part zealot. He's got a definite hunger for a bigger slice of power pie.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust

Originally posted by Nobusuke Tagomi
Rudolph Giuliani is a Gangster, you Fools!

Of course, he's a gangster! He's a politician, isn't he?

Bingo!!!!!!! But . . . I take a moderate Gangster for president[my grandfather was Italian]
than a Corporate conservative one

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
On a serious note, the charge that Giuliani has roots in gangster activity is worth following up on.

Is there any credence in the accusation? I'm interested in more concrete evidence that 'overall gut feelings'.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
well his police chief was already brought down for his connections to organized crime.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Outstanding thoughts maria_stardust. Pardon my outburst, somehow I missed your comments first time around.
Rudy's sort of like the rest, I don't lie. I'll do this, this and this, well.. and he will whether it's liked or not.

Dallas

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
On a serious note, the charge that Giuliani has roots in gangster activity is worth following up on.

Is there any credence in the accusation?

Rudolph Giuliani Mob ties.

Washington Post article

There is some credence to the accusation at present... More will be revealed at another time -- of this I have no doubt.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
funny i once watched an award ceremony where giuliani presented David Rockefeller with an award for something, i cant remember, anyhow after david rockerfella gave a stellar speech.

I particularly enjoyed the part where he mentioned that the worlds population must be reduced , America must protect its future by securing oil reserves etc etc.

although these where not Rudy's words he led the applause after , and also went on to declare his long standing respect and friendship he had with David Rockefeller

There all in this # together , if you think for one minute that Rudy gives a damn about NY or the American people think again.

[edit on 14-5-2007 by tombangelta]

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Dunno if the following may be what your saying, but it reads a wee-bit strange in my opinion..

www.rense.com...

Just seems a bit bizarre for me?, perhaps I'm from an older generation, but I do think I have or had a good outlook on our next generation..?

Dallas

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
While I'm not fond of Giuliani as a presidential candidate, I do admire his work in New York and especially in response to the WTC attacks.

If Giuliani had encouraged others to work in the dust of the WTC from a position of safety, then New Yorkers might have a complaint, but from what I know he led from the front during those days, so I think the New York Times is just slinging political mud.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nobusuke TagomiRudolph Giuliani Mob ties.

Washington Post article

There is some credence to the accusation at present... More will be revealed at another time -- of this I have no doubt.

Thanks for posting this, NT... interesting material even if it is a bit sketchy.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I tell you what I like Rudi and will have him as president over any of the other death brain and dinosaurs candidate available in the Republic party at this time.

He did a great job.

umm....Ron Paul? He's the only guy running for Republican that I would vote for period, for any position. Other then Ron Paul, I'd rather vote third party.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Well said I feel GradyPhilpott !

Seems to me he was willing to suffer the same as 'his' people at the time in NYC.
But to get votes he crossed the line and I feel the point is -- did he lose more conservative votes in the effort to gain a marginal rate of democrats?
I think he did. I don't think Rudy deserved this outcome, but neither did Bush Senior.

Dallas

new topics

top topics

join