It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The EPL is over - Who's going where and for how much?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Another fine season has come to a close and with Man Utd knocking Chelsea off of there perch will they now be a dead parrot or can they be bank rolled back to the top.

Will MoanyPantyHoes stay or will he go?
Will Owen Hargreeves finally be allowed to move to Man Utd?

Liverpool and Arsenal had another average season taking 3rd/4th again, but both teams will be expecting more next season. How can they do this?

Spurs have come up trumps taking 5th on the final day of play, they really are starting to play some great football. Eveton are progressing again and have some class about them, while Bolton could be on some shaky ground without Big Sam at the helm, Hopefull they will be sorted and Little Sam will be more settled in his role come next season (Big respect for Sammy Lee! Liverpool Fan Here).

Reading, Pompey and Blackburn finish the top 10. Reading had a fairbit of luck I feel and I've never been a Blackburn fan (Oh my dullness), but Pompey with the amazing Harry could be pushing for Europe next season, and David James has had his best season ever, if only Calamity could be that good for England!

Oh well it's TTFN for Sheffield Utd, Charlton and Watford. Sheffield could yo-yo and possibly the same for Charton if they can keep most of their squads together. Something tells me that it will be a long while before Watford raises it quite ugly looking head though.

The other teams will all feel they should have done better, West Ham should be counting their lucky stars. No points docked (OMG) and there's no way they can keep hold of Tevez. Newcastle will never win anything. Man City will be in for some changes if the dodgy Thai ex-PM get's his claws in to the club and Wigan need to have a big rethink if their going to establish themselves.

Up come Sunderland, who will no doubt try to scare the pants off all the other teams just as Roy "Freaky Eyes" Keane used to. Along with Birmingham who will be wanting to do better than there last effort.

One more to come up, but the play-offs are on going, will come back to this later!

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 04:52 AM
link   
And it's first blood to Liverpool, signing another foreign player.

Lucas Levia: an attacking midfielder, who can score from long range as well as bursting in front of the strikers (apparently)

Looks as though Sheffield aren't going down without a fight! They're still banging on about West Ham. Even though I'm sure the FA have already knocked this one on the head?

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Nice post
Spurs fan here and yeah we did have another strong season although any piece of silverwear would have been a nice touch.
I have heard many rumours as to who we will be signing but at the moment darren bent looks like the first one who will be joining us.
As for the west ham saga they should be relegated end of story!

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   
never heard of the guy Liverpool have bought. I thought for midfield you wre pretty strong

And Darren Bent to Spurs? to be honest... I don't rate him better than the guys you have. Although, I guess Defoe to Man Utd may happen as they always seem to be linked with him.

I see Milan are keeping a spot in the team for Shevchenko incase he leaves.

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Back once again...

Managers are dropping like flies. buzzzzzzzz, thud! Stu pot has gone from Man City sooner than I expected. Jewell leaves Wigan
really didn't see that one coming! And then Warnock "Gutted by Blades relegation" goes and throws in the towel (The pussy) Oh yeah Newcastle got shot of however it was they had as manager.

Then we have the movers and shakers, Big Sam has gone to Newcastle to replace errrrr I can't remember. The first thing he does, has a good clear out. Titus "the tit" Bramble, pick a window your leaving! 3 others were not offered new contracts and he ended a loan deal with a buy option. GO ON SAMMMY I expect Newcastle to struggle next season, they're going to need a few years to develop.

Bolton's new boss Little Sam has just weilded his dwarf like axe: Henrik Pedersen, Quinton Fortune, David Thompson and Cesar Martin have been told where the exit is.

Wigan have got shot of fatty Unsworth, who saved them from relegation - That's just cold - and their outstanding captain De Zeeuw. He is getting on a bit but I think he will reappear in the Premiership again somewhere next season.

That's all for now folks... Except my latest prediction: If That girly Thai boy gets his french polished nails in to Man City the new manager will be a cross dresser and the new home kit will be pink and lilac with daffodil yellow numbers!

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Hey guys,

Bayern Munich are reportily selling Hargreaves to Man Utd for £17 million woah! I thought him and Carrick would be a bit too similar as Carrick likes to protect as hes supposed to do the Roy Keane job and Hargreaves is a defence minded guy.

I think with this move, Man Utd will go to a 4 - 3 - 3 next season. He uses Giggs in teh middle alot these days (fergie). I think he would be happy with Scholes, Carrick and Hargreaves in the middle. Ronaldo and Rooney on teh wings as he seems to like Rooney coming in from the left and Ronaldo can lpay anywhere. And maybe a new striker, I think he could buy better than Saha who ain't as good as Van Donkey who guarenteed 30 goals a season.

Will reply to your post ChikeyMonkey later on as you wrote a fair bit

Source Hargreaves Move

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Looks as thought the Owen Hargreeves deal ahs been done and dusted at around 17 million!! Whatever that means.

So far though the body count is looking like an older gun happy Arnie movie, lots of people going, but not so many coming...

Sunderland are preparing for the step up by ditching Kenny Cunningham, Tommy Miller, Kevin Smith and William Mocquet. Birmingham on the other hand have bucked the trend of shoving people out and have moved 5 players up from their youth side and given them proffesional contracts. I really hope that works out for them.

Fulham have also been having a clear out, Radzinski has been released, along with a hat full (6) of other players.

So far everyone is trimming the fat, before they start shopping for new meat.

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
More updates for those of you (the few) that follow the "Real Football"

Fabianski, the Polish national (second choice) keeper has signed a "long-term" contract with Arsenal.

Gareth Bale the Scummer, sorry Saints defender has signed for Spurs. at only 17 years old he already looks good, maybe Spurs can take him to the next level and make him great, it's just a shame he's Welsh.

Harry's been getting the Pompey ball rolling by signing two defenders, starting with the frenchman Sylvian Distin and following up with Icelander Hermann Hreidarsson. Harry obviously wants a bit more protection for Calimity James next season.

Jlloyd Samuel has gone on a free from Aston Villa to Bolton. Woopie!

That's all for now, I am still waiting for Rafa to start doing his wadd, we really need to find a serious flair player to challange for those stupid dropped points.

Other stuff: King David is back in the England squad (not to sure about that - wait and see). The Chinese want to buy Man U and some nutter wants to buy Newcastle!!

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I guess over at Man City Pearce first season was just way beyond expectations and was too hard to re-live. Defintly has the determination but discpline problems gave him headaches. Quite ironic, alot of the time when people are appointed to help out in the England set up there club career starts to go down the pan.

With Paul Jewell, it came as a suprise but I think with that guy, he likes getting a team up and getting them settled in the Premiership. No doubt he will get a job soon and do the exact same.

Warnock I think is sooo cheesed off hes chucked it.

At Bolton getting rid of some deadwood like Fortune and Martin. Never heard anything about them being any good although I thought Pederson could be affective and same with Thompson. Fair enough not the best players but they worked hard and the work ethic was what Bolton were all about. Bringing in Samuel Lloyd from Villa? what's that about.

Unsworth must be some age now, but like you say no doubt he will pop up somewhere else. Suprised they got rid of De Zeeuw.

Wigan have got shot of fatty Unsworth, who saved them from relegation - That's just cold - and their outstanding captain De Zeeuw. He is getting on a bit but I think he will reappear in the Premiership again somewhere next season.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   
And to complete the premiership line up for the 07/08 season we have Derby County.

I hope they lose every game they play. I hate Derby. An ex-boss of mine was a huge Derby fan and he was a complete See you next Tuesday.

So who's been coming and going then?

Pompey have signed (for a club record of $3.50) Sulley Muntari. Left footed midfielder from Ghana. And like the big blue fluffy monster he was named after he looks like a strong lad.

Man U have added to their rank and file with two fine looking players. Anderson from Brazil and Nani from Portugal. On top of Owen Hargreeves. Lookin good for a title retention!

Liverpool have signed (confirmed) 2 Honest Healthy Happy Hungry Hungarians (I do love an alliteration) The 17 and 18 year olds Nemeth and Simon are both attacking players (good stuff - we seriously need more options up front).

Personal News : I went to the Phillips international soccer 7's in HK last weekend, had a really great day, drank loads of beer, watched loads of future stars and some from the past.

www.soccer7s.com...

I got Paul Walsh's autograph. Coming home on the bus I was slightly wasted, very burned (hottest day of the year so far) and grinning like an idiot...

new topics

top topics

join