It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where does a magnet get its energy?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Buck Division
Okay -- I get the point that a magnet has no energy. ...

A magnet does no "work" by a trick of physics. They define "work" so that it specifically excludes what a magnet does. Furthermore, there appears to be a difference in the strengths between the north and south pole of the same magnet. There is a wonderful experiment that you can perform to determine that this is true. I'm too lazy to look it up ATM, but you can do a google search on it.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by FatherLukeDuke
There is no energy gain in the system, otherwise you could just loop the track back on itself and watch the ball spin round faster and faster

There is no energy gain demonstrated in the videos you post, otherwise the video makers would "close the loop" and watch the ball accelerate...which they don't.

Yea, and if traveling to other star systems were possible we would have visited alpha centauri.

There is nothing negative about not believing in perpetual motion machines, just as there is nothing negative about not believing in pixies.

I certainly don't - I've been following the "free-energy" world for quite a while now.

Glad to see you've been following something you don't even believe exists.

I'm done here, good luck chasing the shadows of the free-energy world and try not to end up like the obsessives on overunity.com who lose wives and families as they tinker endlessly in their garages pursuing the impossible dream.

Yea, real positive attitude you have there.
I like how you claim to be all for this, and at the same time ridicule the people at overunity who are trying to move it forward.

Freezer, I thought I could have reasonable debate with you, unfortunately you just insist on spamming "laughing heads" in place of an argument.

Originally posted by FatherLukeDukeI already have a doorstop, thanks.

I'm glad we could have a intelligent debate about the magnet motor.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I've loved playing with magnets since I was a child. I have a question though.
When trying to stick one magnet to another magnet, it wont stick, there's a bubble like force pushing the magnets apart. What is that force? and is there anything we can do with that? like pushing electricity through it or applying a massive amount of heat to it, would it create an effect? Just thinking out loud.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by nablator
I am done explaining Newtonian physics to people who don't listen, and like to feel superior by denying basic science.

And if you knew anything about Newton you would know that he would have given up on alchemy ( which took up more than half his time) and instead started in the over unity field.
It's funny how Newtonian physics is not being question ( or much of GR or even special relativity) and how you want to frame the argument in terms of those who claim laws are being broken and those who defend them. The fact that laws are perpetually being refined or mostly invalidated never gets a mention so it's good then that i don't require any to be broken to allow for over-unity.

I am not aware of any law being violated either. Don't the overunity cultists claim the law of conservation of energy is broken? I don't think it is.

I think some of them do ( the type you shouldn't invest in to start with) but mostly this argument has been framed by the establishment scientist who claim that over-unity devices is violating the principles of conservation of energy. Since perfect conservation applies only to isolated systems ( we are not aware of any such natural systems) conservation should never even apply by that's how misinformation can wreck a discussion and serve to destroy the reputations of those few establishment scientist who are brave ( or in my opinion naive) enough to speak out.

No idea. Ask someone more qualified. I'm an engineer.

These are things any electrical engineer should observe if he attempts to look, it probably wont come up in regular design/planning, so there is not much of a excuse to feign ignorance.

Stellar

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
what faggs u guys sux balls u geeks

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join