It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAKE UP!! and smell the truth

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   
the right to judge?

a real Christian will tell you scripture is what we judge everything by

it always makes me smile when i hear some one say your so judgmental

in doing that they them selfs have made a judgment

we do not Judge other than to stay in line with scripture and doctrine
Jews do it and i do not hear them being jumped on
Muslims do it to the extreme and no one jumps on them
Hindus too
Mormons

why are we not allowed to Judge our lives according to our faith?
a Muslim will tell a non Muslim he is an infidel to be conquered or converted

all we do is beg people to accept Christ
real Christian do not make wars
many wars have been started by folks who claimed to be Christian
i grant that, like BUSH

and then theres are these freaks
Jerry Falwell
John Haggee
Bob TilTON
Jack Van Impi
Pat Robertson
Kenneth Copeland
Joel OLsteen
Robert Schuller
all of TBN OR 90% of it

no wonder people hate Christians, they have never read their bibles
and can not tell a freak service money begging false prophets
lairing bunch of scoundrels as the above mentioned freaks
and i bet i missed 5 or six more

you guys formed your opinions of us from these con men and the sheeple who have been duped by them for the same reason

failure to read your bible

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sun Matrix

I suggest that you educate yourself in the unchanging character of God. God always spares the righteous. We are righteous through the blood of Christ. He spared Noah.........he spared Lot.....He will spare those that walk in the truth.

Saying we are "righteous" through the blood of christ is a total cop-out. Take control of your spirituality and actually become a good person, instead of claiming its ok to sin as long as you say "I love Jesus" before you go to bed. Jesus had a great message, but going as far as to believe that he died on the cross just to justify your sins is ludicrous.

All I can say about bible prophecy is that some of it can still come true even if christains are wrong about religion. The bible took its message from lot of different people, it is possible that one of these is right even if you dont believe the whole jesus non-sense.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   
When it boils down to judging others...I try not to wave my snot-nosed crooked finger at other people. (pretty gross analogy eh) - Not implicating any 'bodily-oriface picking', Thanks.

*I still like the Christian biblical analogy*:

Judge not ...LEST, Ye be judged.

This REALLY sums it up when taking into account, ones own personal convictions - to bestow our 'knowledge' upon others.

*Then again*

What about others who do not want to be preached to?

How do you express ideas to these people, without coming across, in general, as a 'loud-mouth' or 'know-it-all attitude'?

HOW do we all, reveal any truth, that will 'stick in the gut' with the over-all population, without having any reprisals?

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   
one can not do it
no matter how hard you try there is some sin somewhere

Only Christ can remove it, IF one does not ask him to do it
one will find themselfs be for the Great White Throne

not a good place to be because its too late for Christ to help someone
by removing his sin

this person in effect said , no thanks Jesus when i die if i have to pay for anything bad i did i will pay the price so i do not need you or your sacrifice

God will honor this persons right to free will and so this person will find himself not being able to pay the price God has set--

Christ's salvation ,and so he will go to the place that was originally built for satan and his angels

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDuckster

How do you express ideas to these people, without coming across, in general, as a 'loud-mouth' or 'know-it-all attitude'?

HOW do we all, reveal any truth, that will 'stick in the gut' with the over-all population, without having any reprisals?

No one can show you the truth, they can only set you on the right path. You have to want it. In other words certain people will hear you and listen and really take what you have to say to heart, others will hear you and think you are a liar, and still others will hear you and do nothing because it is not their time for your message. Responsibility to take action lies with the listener and not the speaker. Responsibility to spread the truth lies with the speaker, but it is unwise for him to worry about what others will think of him if it really is the truth he speaks.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by tom_roberts
one can not do it
no matter how hard you try there is some sin somewhere

Only Christ can remove it, IF one does not ask him to do it
one will find themselfs be for the Great White Throne

not a good place to be because its too late for Christ to help someone
by removing his sin

this person in effect said , no thanks Jesus when i die if i have to pay for anything bad i did i will pay the price so i do not need you or your sacrifice

God will honor this persons right to free will and so this person will find himself not being able to pay the price God has set--

Christ's salvation ,and so he will go to the place that was originally built for satan and his angels

I know.

Tom? I hold Christian Beliefs dear to me. Though I'm not Religious. (Now figure THAT one out) Seriously my friend, I DO understand where you are coming from!

Tom? I'm asking a tiny favor...look up a text for me please.

This text concerns this (New Testament):

(Paraphrasing) "The deciples went from town to town preaching the Good News; there were those that didn't want to hear this news...The Deciples were (directed?) to take off their sandals, and shake the sand off/back at the towns/cities who refused to hear the Word.

Tom? You remember where in the New Testament the words were? Please post.

Thankyou kindly!

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vipassana

Originally posted by TheDuckster

No one can show you the truth, they can only set you on the right path. You have to want it. In other words certain people will hear you and listen and really take what you have to say to heart, others will hear you and think you are a liar, and still others will hear you and do nothing because it is not their time for your message. Responsibility to take action lies with the listener and not the speaker. Responsibility to spread the truth lies with the speaker, but it is unwise for him to worry about what others will think of him if it really is the truth he speaks.

VERY True!

When we all stand behind the words that procede from our mouths and even YET bite our tongues for whatever fear that binds us, we are ALL compelled to present the truth; in as much as our inner selves cry out to seek a 'one-ness' with the Absolute.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Mark 6

7And he called unto him the twelve, and began to send them forth by two and two; and gave them power over unclean spirits;

8And commanded them that they should take nothing for their journey, save a staff only; no scrip, no bread, no money in their purse:

9But be shod with sandals; and not put on two coats.

10And he said unto them, In what place soever ye enter into an house, there abide till ye depart from that place.

11And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear you, when ye depart thence, shake off the dust under your feet for a testimony against them. Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.

12And they went out, and preached that men should repent.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vipassana

Saying we are "righteous" through the blood of christ is a total cop-out. Take control of your spirituality and actually become a good person, instead of claiming its ok to sin as long as you say "I love Jesus" before you go to bed. Jesus had a great message, but going as far as to believe that he died on the cross just to justify your sins is ludicrous.

Sorry.......I missed the part where I said it was ok to sin. Perhaps you can point it out to me.

Philippians 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

When you go before God........and all will. I suggest that you go before him with the righteousness of Christ. That is the only way we are worthy. Is that license to sin?.......MAY IT NEVER BE.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by tom_roberts
Mark 6

7And he called unto him the twelve, and began to send them forth by two and two; and gave them power over unclean spirits;

8And commanded them that they should take nothing for their journey, save a staff only; no scrip, no bread, no money in their purse:

9But be shod with sandals; and not put on two coats.

10And he said unto them, In what place soever ye enter into an house, there abide till ye depart from that place.

11And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear you, when ye depart thence, shake off the dust under your feet for a testimony against them. Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.

12And they went out, and preached that men should repent.

There it is!

Thankyou VERY much Tom!

I remember now this scripture, and how it pertains to not just me alone:

"Spread the truth, to the best of our knowledge, and if people don't wish to hear...we move on".

I don't forcefully impart to those that don't want to hear.

"Let those who have ears...listen."

[edit on 11-5-2007 by TheDuckster]

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Interesting comments from people. All I am trying to do is let people know that while they think the bible is a big fairy tale written a few thousand years ago its pretty accurate...

And the more prophecies that come true in such a short time span can only add plause to what it states.

Granted t0here are alot of ways to interpret the Bible, but one doesnt have to be a rocket scientist to see the truth when its screaming at him.

Dont be ignorant. This isnt a coincedence and hasnt just happened by chance.. Open your eyes and ask yourself honestly, how could someone that long ago know all this would happen? hmmm think about it

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 12:44 AM
link   
A lot of religions = paying money every week for some whacko petteras to put on a show for everyone. Same shmack every week, twisted.

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Here is a site that may cause illumination
www.tkic.piczo.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 12:29 AM
link   
oops. Is that allowed. I am new here. if not please dlete it and I won.t do it again.

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by CWHJR
oops. Is that allowed. I am new here. if not please dlete it and I won.t do it again.

it's allowed to put up links, don't fret

here's something i want to ask: how the hell do you know that your religion is THE truth and every other one isn't?

honestly, aren't all the religions equally likely to be true?

edit to add:
CWHJR, i took a quick glance. the site links to dr. dino, ken hovind (he's in jail). i'd just like to point out that hovind is the furthest thing from a credible source you can find if you're not including the truely insane.

[edit on 6/10/07 by madnessinmysoul]

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ka0s69
Im getting sick of people doing nething and everything they can to disproove the bible.. It seems humanity has been hell bent on trying to hide, discredit and dissassemble the truth that has been given to all of us.

Well the majority of people in the US of A are "Christian", since you're making a very general statement are you not then targeting mostly christians with these complaints? Assuming of course you reside in the States.

If so then I agree. Christians have indeed been hell bent on hiding and descrediting Truth.

Bible prophecy is being fulfilled daily as we sit her and type away about bush and about oil, these current affairs are all smaller pieces in a far grander puzzle.

Yet you're so sure the christian bible isn't also a piece of this grander puzzle?

There is a man now who sits in a position in the European Union that I and many others believe, is the little horn.

I believe we are all illusory projections of God's uncreated and infinite imagination. And through divine wisdom and many rebirths that curtain of illusion is lifted and we become aware of what it really means to be uncreated and eternal. But that's just my belief. See that's the problem with belief isn't it? It's so personal =]

Currently Javier Solana is the High representative of Foreign policy for the EU and here are the things that make this guy stick out... Incredibly smart, I mean SUPER INTELLIGENT. Author of several books from warfare to politics and more.

Couldn't those qualities also be attributed to Christ? Yet you see this as potential evidence for Satan?

Honestly in the state the World is in I would want Jesus to possess knowledge in politics AND warfare.

Stating in some writings that religion causes nuthing but trouble.

I agree it is absurd to make that statement. However would you have a problem with him writing religion has caused alot of trouble?

Sadly the bible tells us all hell will break loose half way thru this 7 year peace treaty.... which would make it hmmm 2010. Can anyone tell me sumthing that is due to take place in 2010?

There is alot of prophecy around the world that falls right around this timeline. Also interesting scientific advancements, from many fields, have been estimated for this timeframe. Give or take a couple years.

1. New intelligence from US states that Iran will have nuke by 2010

Old intelligence from my living room says USA has had nukes for a while now.

Is your counter going to be something along the lines of Iran being bloodythristy with their Jihad craze and so are not responsible enough to possess Nukes? Do you know how many times USA and Iran has detonated their nukes on another nations soil?

If one nation has the right to possess nukes then all Nations should also be allowed to possess them. Nukes are scary. Can you blame any nation for being afraid of them? Don't forget nations are really just people.

2. Isreal due to draw its final borders which funilly enough include the temple mount.

If you're going to hold a nation in contempt at least spell its name correctly. Israel.

3.Aoc (Alliance of Civilisations) to come into full effect. New Laws and regulations to be upheld by the UN. And world to be governed with these laws.

Id rather a group of worldy representitives make the big decisions then the current administration of the USA.

Please can you all wake up and smell the truth... there isnt much time left.

What was that Truth again? Just to read the KJV of Christianity or is it something else?

[edit on 10-6-2007 by Cloak and Dagger]

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   

I did check old texts...... THE BIBLE. Paul says there will be a rapture.........Jesus said there will be a rapture. That's good enough for me. This reasoning that the rapture idea formed in the 1800's is bull. The Catholic church does not teach a rapture........that's were the idea that there will not be a rapture comes from.........Mystery Babylon.

No offense man, cuz your a man of God and all. But the word rapture was not written in the bible, nor did Jesus say rapture. I BLIEVE it said they will be lifted up. or something like that. But never didnt any disciple or Jesus say there will be a rapture. Give scripure.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join