It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missouri floods rise even higher

page: 1

join
share:
apc

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Missouri floods rise even higher

www.msnbc.msn.com

KANSAS CITY, Mo. - Floodwaters rose still higher across northwest and central Missouri Thursday, leading nervous residents to remove valuables from their homes and fill sandbags to protect river communities.

Near-record flooding that inundated the village of Big Lake earlier this week broke more levees Thursday, and water levels were expected to peak in some spots this weekend. In other areas, however, the danger appeared to be passing.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.kansascity.com

apc

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 09:37 PM
link   
It's all Bush's fault! He doesn't care about... Midwesterners!

Or no wait... Global Warming! Global Warming did it! Damn you Al Gore!!

It is quite odd. Not the flood itself... I'm used to those. What's odd is that the final crest keeps changing. I cross the Missouri River twice a day and my observations tell me the crest was Wednesday morning when I first saw the water line about a foot above the water level.

But some areas continue to see the water rise. Must be creeks and tributaries continuing to drain that do not affect the river here in Kansas City.

This nowhere near compares to the flood of '93, and only slightly to '98. In fact, the river swells this much almost every other year. So the fact that this is making national headlines only really fits one profile: ecological scare mongering.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by apc

This Missouri River Flood is crazy. It is now being called the 500 yr flood although I'm not sure who was here 500 yrs ago to disagree. All along the river, from North Dakota to Missouri, families are evacuating and won't be able to return untl next December? Really? And no one knew about this until a week ago? We are not talking the usual flooding of maybe 2-4 ft. We are talking 10 ft and above flood waters in places, lasting until december, from the Bluffs of Iowa to the hills of Nebraska. The crops are gone as well as livestock, businesses, towns. My small town here in Eastern Nebraska has now become the new Iowa Interstate I-29. But I've noticed that as usual, we are just farmers and small town rednecks and no one cares. You can betcha that MSM will continue to ignore us until their food supply is gone and people are starting to get po'd because their families are hungry. I'll write more later and give references but I am just too angry right now.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by apc

Just wait until the water we have here in Nebraska gets down to KC...you will change your mind!

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jerzee14

You can betcha that MSM will continue to ignore us until their food supply is gone and people are starting to get po'd because their families are hungry. I'll write more later and give references but I am just too angry right now.

only thing we'll be missing is GMO Corn and GMO Soy. Sucks for the people who have to move out and lose their homes, but as fas as those GMO crops ...good riddance.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
They are calling for the crest here in KC on the 19th. The Corps of Engineers are preparing to release more water in South Dakota, and the crest here is going to hit next week.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
The OP will not be back to this thread. It was started in 2007 and he/she was banned by looking at his/her profile.

The only thing about this story that is being ignored is the fact that it is not the same flood.

Talk about bringing the dead back to life.

Raist

join