It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help: Info on The Jamijama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Hi all. I'm writing here to solicit anyone's help in getting more information about THE JAMIJAMA, the reputed holy book of the Iranian Inqido Sect. I've searched all over the Web but all I get is a bunch of BS "debunking" pages that say the book never really existed.

My professor though tells me that at least one codice of The Jamijama is in the Vatican Library in Rome.

Can anyone confirm or deny this? Has anyone else got any leads? My research paper is due in seven weeks and I'm seriously still at square one.

Please help!

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   
If anybody here can help you it will be Tamahu.

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   
www.inreview.com...
In the meantime, I'll say that I think the "Jamijama" is not a historical religious text--it's an "imagined tome" along the lines of the fictitious Necronomicon, and modeled after the Ketibe Silwe and Ahl i Haqq of Yezidi religion.

I think the person who thought up this new "accursed book" chose islamic culture to nest their story in, because so much of arabic/persian culture is unknown in the west.

I can only find 3 (!) hits on google, and they all seem especially recent and connected. The person at one bulletin board who claims to be studying it is probably the same person who clued you into the books "existence."

If someone can do a "who is" search on those sites, we'll discover quite quickly who the author of the jammyjamm is.

thanks for the fleeting rush, though.

From www.kuro5hin.org... :

First of all it's been very difficult to acquire a copy I can actually read, since the copy everybody references is the British Museum's copy which is written in Akkadian with notes in Greek.

Anyway I'm pushing through with the help of about a hundred dictionaries and a guide written by Franklin Therriault in 1805 (can't find reference, sorry) which at least helps me make sense of the Greek, which in turn sheds some light on the rest.

So it's been two weeks and I'm about half way through the introduction, which goes on and on about mystic twins and the flood story.

No such book exists in the "British Museum." Akkadian was an unknown tongue to the Greeks, or indeed anyone until the 1800's. So how do the notes connect?

It's name doesn't "sound arabic to me." Neither does the other web reference (also quite recent):

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
the vatican library has a web page, good place to start i suggest, here's the link but i can't find mention of it under that spelling at least, also i can't find anything about that sect anywhere.

hope it helps.

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by RWPBR
If anybody here can help you it will be Tamahu.

I don't know anything about it.

As dr_strangecraft mentioned, you could look into the Yezidi Religion.

As well as the Druzes/Druses.

See Manly P. Hall's "The Mystics of Islam" for references to some of the best books written about these sects.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Thanks for all yours thoughts everyone. I think at this point I can safely say that the book doesn't really exist, though I'm still looking into why the rumor persists.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Just a thought but, it also seems a little suspect where it says

British Museum's copy which is written in Akkadian

I have a feeling Akkadian stuff wasn't written (by pen and ink), it was created by Cunnieform script which is impressed symbols on clay tablets.

blooming heavy book if they have it..lol

top topics

join