It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whatever happened to Phil Klaus?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I read that Klaus is now "the late Phil Klaus". Could someone tell me what might have happened to him. Also why is he suspected to be a paid disinformation agent?
I read his book in the late 90's then heard nothing more till now.

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   
He died of old age, after all he was in his mid-80s.

As to him being a "disinformation agent" I seriously doubt it. He was a skeptic and a debunker, and was labeled as that by those whose theories, ideas, or hoaxes he trashed or debunked.

He had a sharp tongue and didn't hold back in his disdain and skepticism. An example would be his famous offer to give $10,000 to anyone who could prove the ET hypothesis, which was never claimed.

Or his tongue-in-cheek last will and testament:

THE LAST WILL AND TESTAMENT OF PHILIP J. KLASS
To ufologists who publicly criticize me, ... or who even think unkind thoughts about me in private, I do hereby leave and bequeath:

THE UFO CURSE:
No matter how long you live, you will never know any more about UFOs than you know today. You will never know any more about what UFOs really are, or where they come from. You will never know any more about what the U.S. Government really knows about UFOs than you know today. As you lie on your own death-bed you will be as mystified about UFOs as you are today. And you will remember this curse.

You can see how he may have acquired his many critics, rivals, and enemies.

The wikipedia entry on him is pretty good.

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Phillip Klass was truly an ass. May he rest in peace.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Phillip Klass GRHS, was confirmed a contact of the CIA, possibly paid. Came out about a year after his leaving us.
At the moment I can't provide the source, but neither could he.

Dallas

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I heard Phillip Klass tonight on the history channel. Must have been an old film. He was an old respectable professor type looking guy and he said " I've been looking for 30 years and I have yet to find a single piece of credible scientific evidence that UFO's exist". Of course one could say that there is no evidence of UFOs but plenty of credible evidence that "identified flying objects" exist. At any rate in my mind he is just a paid agent of the black ops type. Sure would be neat to know who pays the salary of guys like him!

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I was just reading About Klass in "Pentagon Aliens", a place where
you find many de bunkers, and as such he must have been big
in the 90s when the book was written.
Try the word Pentagon on twitter and see if the twitt takes, so I shall
refer to PA from now on if need be.

Google Klass and MJ-12

[edit on 1/10/2010 by TeslaandLyne]

top topics

join