It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov't posted 38,700 Social Security numbers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Is yours one?
More than likely this is another one of our governments "goofs"....again.

But to play devil's advocate here,any illegals or "terroists" needing a SS# to get in this country,or just to stay here,problay just recieved one.

And im sure the Agriculture dept wouldnt mind a few more illegals working the fields.

(MSNBC)-Data was of all recipients of Agriculture Department grants since 1996
WASHINGTON - The Social Security numbers of 38,700 people who received Agriculture Department grants have been posted on a government Web site since 1996, but they were taken down last week.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

A review has determined that none of the other 32 agencies had a similar problem, said Sean Kevelighan, spokesman for the Office of Management and Budget.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

“There is no evidence that this information has been misused,” Teuber added. “However, due to the potential that this information was downloaded prior to being removed, USDA will provide the additional monitoring service.”

www.msnbc.msn.com...

The breach was discovered by Marsha Bergmeier, president of Mohr Family Farms in Fairmount, Ill. “I was Googling my farm name at 11 p.m. when I couldn’t sleep,” she said in a telephone interview, and details of her land loan came up in the second listing of the Google search, a private Web site that reposted the government data.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

The next morning, April 13, she contacted the Agriculture Department, her congressman, Rep. Tim Johnson, the private Web site and the Census Bureau and was surprised by how quickly they removed the personal information.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

“If somebody downloaded it, it’s still out there in the world,” she said. “That will never be a private number again.”

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Full story here
www.msnbc.msn.com...

[edit on 8-5-2007 by Black_Fox]

join