It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do Psychoactive Chemicals Tie in to Your Beliefs?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   

the 'importance' is greatly exaggerated, not everyone was continuiously 'stoned' as you seem to suggest...

Sorry if I 'seem to suggest' anything like that. All I think I was suggesting was that older cultures saw more importance in these experiences than we do today.

Anyways, I have something else to share with you all. Is anyone aware of the real origin of santa claus, reindeer, and all of that weirdness. The evidence may surprise you...
Origin of Christmas Symbols

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   
While I have personally experimented with many of the above mentioned psychotropics I have to warn against them. The same effect can be reproduced using meditation techniques.

Utilizing many advanced meditation techniques you can arrive at the same results, albeit more slowly, but in a much more safe and secure fashion.

I do not recommend that anyone try these dangerous psychotropics for the purposes of expanding your mind without first exhausting any and all safer and non narcotic solutions.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by LooseLipsSinkShips
i ate roughly 8 grams of those red and white mushrooms last night combined with several deep bong hits of salvia x20 as well as a joint of kind marijuana. well let me tell you that the combination of these drugs was an overwhelming journey that allowed me to realize that there is another world/dimension that exists. it is a place where we all end up going when it is our time to leave this world as we know it. it was a very powerful experience in which I was convinced that Earth is basically a test platform for our souls to see if we are righteous enough to enjoy the fruits of the next dimension.

[edit on 12-5-2007 by LooseLipsSinkShips]

Weird how many people say similar things, even the quran says that life is a test.

Ive tried Salvia before, I took a few tucks in the kitchen, and the next second I was in another room lying down on the sofa laughing like crazy wondering how I got there.

My movements felt odd like wrong timing, I saw my cat and started laughing at how funny her face looked, then I tried to drink some coke, it was almost impossible lol, hard to time the swallow right, then I was lying down on my bed, kinda laughing and I was frozen for a couple of munites doing nothing, until I started to gain controll. It was all very weird and came as a shock to me. I was expecting to have an obe or something.

The only drug Ive ever used. I dont smoke cigs.

[edit on 14-5-2007 by _Phoenix_]

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Just a note to Biggie Smalls and anyone else interested in Amanita Muscaria. It is better known as fly agaric, the red and white toadstools that you will see in just about any illustration of a fairy. Be very careful and get as much info on doseage as you can, because they can be very toxic.

MFF, did you know that reindeer were the ones who showed man that you drink your pee after eating fly agaric, and lift off again, even higher?

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I know that the perpetuator of the "magic bus," era was contracted by the south american governments to produce MDMA for marital therapy.

If you are interested in the wide world of Phenethylamines (psychoactive chemicals) or active alkaloids, consider reading Pihkal (a chemical love story) and Tihkal (the continuation) written by "Alexander and Ann Shulgin." He had a government licence in the U.S. to manufacture and invent, as well as test psychoactive drugs, including MDMA, '___', Dextramethoraphan, '___', TMA, and many others. Each book contains a story about the manufacturing and testing of these substances, as well as detailed instructions about processes to manufacture these items. It also gives chemical structures and formulae. A very good read for the person looking to do some serious mind expansion. Upon the publishing of his first book (pihkal), the DEA raided his lab and asked him to turn his licence over. Then they stepped on his peyote cactus. jerks.

Alexander "Sasha" Shulgin (born June 17, 1925 in Berkeley, California) is an American pharmacologist, chemist and drug developer of Russian descent.

Shulgin is credited with the popularizing of MDMA in the late 1970s and early 1980s, especially for psychopharmaceutical use and the treatment of depression and Post-traumatic stress disorder. In subsequent years, Shulgin discovered, synthesized, and bioassayed over 230 psychoactive compounds. In 1991 and 1997, he and his wife Ann Shulgin authored the books PiHKAL and TiHKAL on the topic of psychoactive drugs. Shulgin discovered many noteworthy phenethylamines including the 2C* family of which 2C-T-2, 2C-T-7, 2C-I, and 2C-B are most well known. Additionally, Shulgin performed seminal work into the descriptive synthesis of compounds based on the organic compound tryptamine.

en.wikipedia.org...

I first explored mescaline in the late '50s, Three-hundred-fifty to 400 milligrams. I learned there was a great deal inside me.

– Alexander Shulgin, LA Times, 1995[2]

[edit on 14-5-2007 by Eyeofhorus]

[edit on 14-5-2007 by Eyeofhorus]

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karilla
MFF, did you know that reindeer were the ones who showed man that you drink your pee after eating fly agaric, and lift off again, even higher?

Yea, and it's weird how drinking the reindeer urine is more potent for us and them drinking ours is more potent for them. Don't think I'd have the stomach for that kind of thing though, I can barely handle eating regular ones plain and dry.

Some of those old depictions of 'santa' flying with mushrooms and reindeers really makes me giggle

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I believe that any form of ego-loss, albeit through psychoactive means, meditation, isolation, etc. is always enlightening, and a true door to the unconscious (and perhaps beyond?)

I would also state that ego-loss is not for everybody - and not everybody that takes drugs, meditates or goes into isolation are even remotely concerned with any truths or the such.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mushroom Fields Forever

Originally posted by Karilla

Yea, and it's weird how drinking the reindeer urine is more potent for us and them drinking ours is more potent for them. Don't think I'd have the stomach for that kind of thing though, I can barely handle eating regular ones plain and dry.

Some of those old depictions of 'santa' flying with mushrooms and reindeers really makes me giggle

I've heard the vikings eating red and white toadstool let their women chew them up without swollow but to realease the bitter compounds giving the acrid taste. Chewed enough the bitter taste would diminish and the (male) vikings themselves would eat them as well as drink the pee from their women.

BTW in SE Asia they're very fond of mushrooms in cooking and collects a varity of wild ones. Some are blue and yellow dotted, others red and white dotted. They all go in the soup and cbvoiusly there's no psycho active effect in those. That's why it sometimes goes wrong when they come to temperate boreal zones and collect mushrooms there.

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I thought id write a lil post on my '___' trip i had the other day, and this seems the best thread to put it in;

First off, if thats what comes after death, then there is NO need to be afraid, ever. It was so beautiful at one point that it brought a tear to my eye in the physical, although not altogether a new place for me to visit.. i feel like i have been there many times before.

I can only remember vivid flashes in my mind, alot of the experience faded rather quickly, and some instantly. The most important stuff i feel was lost instantly, which i think ties in with the feeling of "not supposed to be there" feeling you get with '___'. You feel somewhat childlike being in this vast colourful playground of infinite potential.

I saw what i think was myself, and some other entities, looking back at me, with nothing but love being implied.. not with words, but with energy itself. It was as if i saw myself on the other side, the real me, looking back into my eyes, telling me, Simon, you are special, you have the chance to make a difference. All my other friends had weird experiences with chaotic entities rushing about, but my experience was more profound, and VERY spiritual. I can honestly see '___' being used to treat drug abusers. If everyone expericned that... well, maybe thats what 2012 is all about.. a GLOBAL '___' TRIP. Death and Rebirth.

The one feeling that stuck with me the entire time was "you are special". I felt an inherrent responsibilty that i have never felt before, but sometimes touched on in other experiences with altered states.

After my experience, all other psychedelics seem pointless.. and alcohol/tobacco even more so. Life in the Western world seems pointless.. Sounds like im depressed, but its not like that. Its like i've seen how it all fits together, how reality really works, and i see the underlying problems in our world..some so simple, yet a change in those areas could transform this planet.

The only other thing i want to add is the body shakes i had. All over body tremors..but totally under my control. I was not afraid nor worried about them at all, and they strangely seem to be at a frequency that keeps popping up time and time again in my life.. somewhere between 5-10 cycles a second.

Oh, and don't use swear words to describe what you feel. I got a pretty bad feeling when i used them to describe it to my sober friends in the room..as if i shouldn't be using those words, at all.

The only regret i have about the experience is not thanking/being grateful enough at the time.. i was just so blown away by what i saw.

I highly recommend a '___' experience to everyone.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Thanks for your post Simon, that was interesting.

Especially the part about swearing. I dunno why, but that part stuck out the most to me, and I swear like a trooper!

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I have never done '___' although I would love to try. It definitely isn't a readily accessible drug. However, I have done robitussin quite a bit and let me tell you it is more beautiful, spiritual and loving than the most perfect of lsd or shrooms experiences i've had. My third eye was WIDE OPEN with these 3 giant mile long ever changing rods shooting through it that connected me to the past and all these other places I can't fully describe. I saw WWII and was just floating over this terrible battle but it didn't hurt to experience it felt as if life itself was nothing more than a dare that you undertook while in the spirit realm. An 8oz bottle of Robitussin DM (dm being key) and a dark room like a bathroom with a very tiny LED or a nightlight just sets off the most amazing experience. Stare into that light for just 30 seconds and BAM it hits you.

Looked a bit like this:

Consciousness

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   
And since everyone is ignoring the T & C's...

Thread closed...

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join