It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Egyptian Charter Plane Crashes into Red Sea

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 08:43 AM
link   
The French government has now requested that an inquiry into manslaughter be initiated in order to get them on the crash scene and allow them involvement in the investigation.

Though this article states this is SOP, I find that immediate dismissal of terrorism occurs way too often.

sg.news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I was thinking more in terms of the Iraq situation. This incident just brought it to mind but I don't know why the tactic, if true, couldn't be expanded to cover domestic terrorism. After all, it all comes under the convenient umbrella of the 'war on terror' doesn't it?

This probably isn't an attack, but I still wouldn't be surprised if it was later revealed to be.

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   
One thing I found interesting is the first comment was mechanical failure, 2nd part of the comment was there was no indication or communication from the pilot. Okay, maybe I am over reacting but how can you say mech failure with no Mayday from the pilot, and no one had arrived at the crash scene.

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I doubt it bothers you Americans too much, it was only a bunch of Frenchies...

Go and eat your "freedom" fries and pray that more traitors to your cause die. I bet Dubya must be pissing himself laughing, I guess this is what he and Powell meant by serious consequences when they wouldn't join the "coalition of the willing".

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
A French Embassy official in Cairo said the list of those on board also showed one Moroccan and 13 crew members. There was one additional passenger whose nationality was not known.
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
You decide

story.news.yahoo.com.../ap/20040103/ap_on_re_mi_ea/egypt_plane_crash_23

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

news.bbc.co.uk...

the second is a time line of plane crash's going back to 98

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   
www.debka.com...

For what it's worth, DEBKA has posted a preliminary analysis. It raises some of the same questions we've already brought up.

1. Was it a coincidence that the disaster occurred amid the heightened aviation alert that led to the cancellation of seven US-bound flights in the week from Christmas to January 2?
2. Updated intelligence reports have revealed one or more trained al Qaeda pilots penetrating international airlines in the Middle East or Europe and standing by for a chance � or an order - to hijack a passenger airliner.
3. Suggestively, the Egyptian plane vanished abruptly from radar screens before the air crew had a chance to send out a distress call or any other signal. It looked very much as though the craft had plummeted into the sea too suddenly for any warnings; it may even have exploded in midair before dropping into the water. In that case, the cause of the explosion would have to be investigated. An eyewitness said people heard a very loud noise at the time of the crash.
4. The stricken aircraft plunged down very close to the Sinai coast opposite the shore of Saudi Arabia. Yet, several hours after the disaster, no survivors had surfaced � as normally happens when a complete craft plunges into deep water - and no large wing sections or pieces of fuselage, as would normally have been expected - only small pieces of wreckage and tens of body parts. Floating bits of debris and personal possessions were clearly visible from Naama Bay half a mile from the rescue area.

It's an interesting read. Take with a grain of salt and make your own conclusions, of course.

-B.

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada
I doubt it bothers you Americans too much, it was only a bunch of Frenchies...

Go and eat your "freedom" fries and pray that more traitors to your cause die. I bet Dubya must be pissing himself laughing, I guess this is what he and Powell meant by serious consequences when they wouldn't join the "coalition of the willing".

[off topic]
well you sure are generalising us, just because they dont support us dont mean we hate them.....unlike every other nation towards us when we dont do what you want, i notice we are called arrogant and other things but we hardly call everyone else anything even when we clearly are disliked by many. if anything the ones who critisize are the arrogant ones.

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   
[off topic]
well you sure are generalising us, just because they dont support us dont mean we hate them.....unlike every other nation towards us when we dont do what you want, i notice we are called arrogant and other things but we hardly call everyone else anything even when we clearly are disliked by many. if anything the ones who critisize are the arrogant ones.

Sorry man I wasn't aiming that at all Americans, just trying to make certain idiots on this board who loved attacking the French when they didn't agree with them or their main man Bush's politics over Iraq feel guilt.
No offence meant to you or anyone else who didn't get swallowed up in this whole French hating rubbish (Freedom fries eh? How dare they disagree with you)

[Edited on 4-1-2004 by John Nada]

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   
The Egyptian airline whose plane crashed on Saturday was banned from flying to Switzerland because of safety concerns, Swiss officials say.
Shortcomings were detected during a routine check at Zurich airport in October 2002, a Swiss aviation authority spokeswoman said.

A Boeing 737 belonging to Flash Airlines crashed into the Red Sea killing all 148 people on board.

Egypt says evidence points to technical failure as the cause of the crash.

news.bbc.co.uk...

A bit of a knee jerk reaction there. Looks like paranoia is starting to get to boiling point, or do certain airline firms know something we don't?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join