It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doctor finds spiders in boy's ear

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 06:02 AM
link   

ALBANY, Ore. - These guys weren't exactly Snap, Crackle and Pop. What began as a faint popping in a 9-year-old boy's ear — "like Rice Krispies" — ended up as an earache, and the doctor's diagnosis was that a pair of spiders made a home in the ear. "They were walking on my eardrums," Jesse Courtney said

news.yahoo.com...

Ok, now 2 spiders walking on this kids eardrums. OMG. This is terrible.
The doctor flushed out the kids ear. 1 spider came out dead, the other still in there.

He then flused it out again and out came the 2nd spider. EWWW. Poor kid. I think I'll sleep with cotton in my ears now.

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Thats horrible! I despise a spider more than anything. I have never heard of anything like that happening.

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Ugh I have a horror of critters in my ears after a kid I knew in 3rd grade had a tick set up home in his. If I think about it too long these many years later, I have trouble getting to sleep at night.

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Yeah, I told my son about this. He said the exact same thing I did. He said, "I'm going to put cotton in my ears" I laughed at him.

No really I never, ever really thought that spiders would actually crawl into our ears.

He took the 2 dead spiders to school in a jar and showed them off. His mom took them to her job.

I think I would be too embarrassed to take them to school. He's a brave little boy. That's for sure.

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Spiders think they're so cool, spinnin' webs, catchin' flies, walkin' around on all those legs, and bitin' people and stuff.
I hate spiders.

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Yeah! They think they're so superior because they have twice the number of limbs we have.

Two legs good! Eight legs bad!

Down with spiders! Up with the Human Liberation From Arachnids Front! (or, HLAF)

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   
i like spiders....... they give me company in my room when no human will

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Oh this is horrible and anyone in chat last week will tell you lol,

I had a fly trapped in my ear and it was soo scary, they had to kill it with baby oil then i was told to go the the emergency room to have it out,

i had to wait till the next day,

horrible horrible thing, they say the insect gets caught in the ear was so it cant move,

It can harm the ear as the legs scratch the eardrum,

You can also get fever as the body tries to figure out what the unknown object in the ear is, so your body starts fighting it as an infection, causing a fever,

Really it was bad lol, Ear plugs for me!

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by lombozo
Spiders think they're so cool, spinnin' webs, catchin' flies, walkin' around on all those legs, and bitin' people and stuff.
I hate spiders.

Lol.

That is a rather creepy thing to have happen to you.
Spiders are the worse.

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I had a mosquito stuck in my ear last year.
The bite marks are still there all the buzzing makes you want to rip off your ear:bnghd:

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Oh Yeah! I heard about this. The kid kept the spiders and took them to school for show a tell.

I could see the crowd surounding saying......

Whoah! Coooool!

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I almost dry heaved when I saw this on the news this morning. How gross.

However, I was equally disgusted in college when I woke up and blew my nose only to find a big moth embedded within my snot.

Howd he get in there...?

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Ok. Now were getting gross. Before you know it someone will be talking about the Stanford Mascot found in their..... I'd better not say!

Stanford University mascot is a pine tree.

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Thhis is so gross!
If something like that would happen to me i would go insane!!

How could any think that spiders are cool, especally after they were in your ears!!??

[edit on 7-5-2007 by minnie]

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by minnie
How could any think that spiders are cool, especally after they were in your years!!??

Kids of course.

You must of not read it completely?

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
oh asala,

That is just as terrible, a fly in your ear. OMG. I just don't know what I would do. I think I would go nuts. How did you wait till the next day? I bet you were scared to death.

And, lken with a mosquito in his ear, I never knew insects got into peoples ears till I read this news. It’s a scary thing. I hope none ever gets into my ears.

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Falken
I had a mosquito stuck in my ear last year.
The bite marks are still there all the buzzing makes you want to rip off your ear:bnghd:

OMG! I just got shivers all over reading that ewwwwww!

A spider is bad enough but mosquito would me drive up the wall, I am allergic to those lil bastids lol

[edit on 7-5-2007 by ImJaded]

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I don't mind spiders, I'm cool with them.

I wouldn't mind them staying inside my ear, as long as they didn't make too much noise and paid their rent on time

And I'm not kidding, if it was possible for spiders to pay cash

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 12:05 AM
link   
RussianSoldier,

That's a good one RS. Apparently these two got evicted.

Shar,

it's going to be ahrd for me to sleep tonight after this one. We have silverfish. That would be 10 times worse than spiders in your ears.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 04:24 AM
link   
hi,

i heard a story about a guy with dreadlocks that had an irritated skull so he had his dreadlocks cut off and it turns out that two red back spiders had "made love" in his hair and hundreds of thousands of baby red backs came rushing out along with mum and dad.

im never getting dreadlocks that would make me sick

id burn them off!!!

Roswell.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join