It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What use is opening your third eye?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 01:24 AM
link   
A few day's ago while meditating (I use hemi-sync to get into different states) I wondered what would happen if I tried to open my third eye while in my state at the time. The middle of my forehead started to tinkle (It felt like opening my eyes after a long night of deep sleep). So, I figured I opened my third eye.
Now what?

So now I opened it,, what can I use it for? Will it help me acces certain energies? Help me have an OOBE or something?
Please tell me if you have any ideas or experiences

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 01:54 AM
link   
This is what may name sort of pertains to. Vipassana is the idea of insight through meditation. I would suggest continuing to "open the eye" and then taking a step back and seeing how reality shifted if at all during that moment. Be objective and wise and the possibilities will open up before you. Every person can potentially do something else with this. Don't expect to astrally project or remote view, just flow into the experience and let whatever happens happen. An eye is for seeing, not controlling. If you try to have a mystical experience then you probably wont. Just breathe and observe. I hope this helps you and good luck...

[edit on 6-5-2007 by Vipassana]

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I have only begun my journey with the practice, as I have only been actively meditating for a month. Just wanted to say that everything I am learning now falls in line with what Vipassana said in their post.

Just let it happen, and Observe...stay in the NOW, not past or future, it's all about the "NOW". whatever happens, happens.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Agree with whats been posted already

Just go with the flow, but above all, the most important thing BY FAR to always bear in mind, is that there really is nothing to fear. You are far more powerful than you could possibly imagine

SR

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I' also at the start of my journey but all i can say if you have really experienced this then your very lucky i will say don't rush it or expect anything to happen just try if you can to asborb the experience.

Just sit back and let what ever happens happens don't try and force anything to come from it...as you become more adept i.e. being able to summon the feeling and experience more and more i think you will over time slowly start to realise how it has benefitted you but as i've said you as a person should try to not force anything from it or mould the experience to benefit fit you in anyway you should let the experience change you as a person and benefit you as it see's fit.

GOOD LUCK!! and peace

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
You can open your mind, but the heart is a much more powerful tool.

The heart is purer and will not lead you down a dark path.

If you live with love in your heart and mind you cannot go wrong.

Balance is necessary if you are to open the mind (3rd eye chakra). You can ground yourself using healing methods and meditation.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls
You can open your mind, but the heart is a much more powerful tool.

The heart is purer and will not lead you down a dark path.

If you live with love in your heart and mind you cannot go wrong.

Balance is necessary if you are to open the mind (3rd eye chakra). You can ground yourself using healing methods and meditation.

Your heart is an organ for pumping blood throughout your body, not an emotion, or a feeling. Your brain is what controls and allows you to have/feel emotions and feelings.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jca2005
Your heart is an organ for pumping blood throughout your body, not an emotion, or a feeling. Your brain is what controls and allows you to have/feel emotions and feelings.

I think what the poster meant was that the sixth chakra point might not be the best place to start with the opening of chakra points. And I'd say thats good advice, although im not going to claim I know a lot about this... start with the base chakra point and work your way up opening them individually, you can probably find more info if you google it than I could give you.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
The brain sends waves throughout your body to let you feel the emotions and feelings.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
The "third eye " chakra is best pointed inwards.
Sorry bout 1 line post but I have nothing else to add.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisDeemian
So, I figured I opened my third eye.

First off if you have never opened your 3rd eye, how can you assume what you experienced is actually your 3rd eye opening and not just wishful thinking.

Second, the use of a 3rd eye should reveal itself when opened. If it doesn't it is better not to assume whatever you experienced has much to do with your 3rd eye. Personally I would meditate on questions such as why I would have a desire to 'access energies' or try to visualize what it would be like to OOBE as preparation to an actual experience that may happen some time.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
one thing that will happen when the 3rd is open it will feel like there is osmthin on your head no joke, and you will have a slight dizziness and headache jus to add, jus tryto go with it the headache will not goaway forawhiel

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Yesterday, I was sitting on my couch looking at figurines I have on top of my center surround speaker. I decided to try and will one of the figurines off the speaker and into my left hand. I was concentrating on the energy forming inb/w my eyes on my forehead; the back of my neck was getting tight, like a locked feeling(not sure if that was because I was staring), all my energy was going to my forehead, I was so still it seemed like I was ignoring I had limbs and I was really seeing myself move the object into my left hand. I always get to a certain point or feeling in my forehead throughout my concentration where I just give up...but I really feel that it is possible to move things...I just don't know how to get it to work...I get to a point where it feels in my forehead that something clicks and I kinda feel euphoric, like I can do something that seems unlikely...am I going about this the right way? I know we can do these things!

BOC

new topics

top topics

join