It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Special Squirrel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   
hi,

I'm sorry if this has been posted before but anyway,

i was reading this thing about a "special" squirrel which i think is a bit strange maby its just evolutionary but the strange thing for me is that he said it's nest looked Egyptian
, anyway here it is...

The Special Squirrel

Last night at my downtown club I was telling my friend Grant about the strange animal stories in this site and he told me one of his own stranger still.

In early Summer of 1994 Grant was camping in a forest of desiduous and evergreens near Austin Texas. Just after dinner he was was relaxing looking up at the sky and trees. He noticed various open-top squirrel nests on sturdy limbs and then another larger nest that was very different from the others.

The special nest was enclosed on top, and by the way it was suspended among three smaller branches, would be able to withstand winds and earthquakes that the others would not. Grant said that compared to the other nests it looked as though it were built by an ancient Egyptian.

As Grant watched, a squirrel from one of the neighboring nests ran up through the branches and tried to enter the special nest. The occupying squirrel met this with hostility and a long battle ensued with the adversaries jumping from limb to limb and tree to tree making a awful racket.

Grant watched for awhile and finally jumped up waving his arms and yelled at the squirrels to settle down. The neighbor squirrel retreated back home and things were quiet for awhile.

Then Grant noticed the special squirrel jumping up and down on a big cluster of boulders nearby. He kept at it, going from boulder to boulder. Grant couldn't understand why he was doing this. Finally the squirrel went back to up his mansion.

A few minutes later Grant heard an ominous vibrating sound close at hand. He looked to his side and right next to his sleeping bag was a large rattlesnake stretched out perfectly straight. Grant rolled over away from the snake which then retreated to it's home among those same nearby boulders. Grant left the area.

The next day Grant returned and moved his campsite which he concludes to this day is exactly what the special squirrel wanted him to do.

March 22, 2006

1:50 PM

there is also a "Disappearing Wolves" story by the same person.
here is the link:

wlo418.tripod.com...

thanks,

Roswell.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Sounds like someone needs to put the crack pipe down.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Suirrel dreys (nests) are always enclosed anyway - like ball shapes. The other nests must've been just bird nests. I doubt there'd ever be more than one drey in one tree also - squirrels are pretty aggressive little things and tend to chase off any rivals (seen this often in my parents' garden).

I think that the story meant that the drey looked Egyptian in comparison - like comparing a hut to a pyramid - ie really complex or advanced, not that it actually looked Egyptian.

join