It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brain functioning as portal to your conscience

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Last week during a walk I got an idea (I don't claim to be the first with this, I honoustly don't know if this is a new idea). What if the brain is a somple unit processing the information your senses percieve and convert them into an energy your conscience can understand.
With our current knowledge of the brain (neurology and such) we know certain sectors are stimulated during certain actions. However we are quickly drawing conclusions.
Some people say they can block out certain senses (sound for example), things like this are very easilly explainable from this perspective.
I don't have any profesional knowledge on this topic, so please don't ask me for proof, or clear explenations. This is just an idea I'd like to discuss. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Yeah I like that, i don't have any problems with it.
I suppose it does. = )

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   
There is actually some strong scientific evidence for your theory. The mind is not a product of the brain according to cardiologist Pim van Lommel.

Check out my thread on the subject here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I like the way you put it.

I've heard that quantum physicists believe this idea. That consciousness is separate from the brain and exists elsewhere perhaps on another plane or realm. That our brain serves purely as a platform on which our consciousness connects to and experiences reality through.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Whilst it goes against the mainstream scientific view, i can tell you, for a FACT, that consciousness is NOT created by the brain.

Mind came before matter, not the other way around (as it currently stands in the science community).

There have been more than enough thorough scientific experiments done to confirm this fact, its just that the mainstream scientists refuse to acknowledge the evidence.

Existence is infinite, there is no such as death. Death is merely a transition of consciousness back into the zeropoint field.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   
ATS is wonderful for many things...but we can be so disorganized as to render the discussions almost useless.

There is another discussion centering around this very same thing located here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I will refrain from copying my post(s) over to this forum, and will just add this as a favorite, too.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 06:50 AM
link   
If the mind was a produt of the brain, i'd be really godamn freaked out.
For obvious reasons.
I dont like oblivion much
I like my mind and i wanna keep it.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by shrunkensimon
Whilst it goes against the mainstream scientific view, i can tell you, for a FACT, that consciousness is NOT created by the brain.

There have been more than enough thorough scientific experiments done to confirm this fact, its just that the mainstream scientists refuse to acknowledge the evidence.

Then why don't you show us some evidence, a few links, that explain this "fact"?

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Its called Google, aswell as the ATS search function. Its not my job to spoon feed, unless i know the person genuinely wants it.

A few pieces of evidence off the top of my head;

-Astral Projection/Remote Viewing
-Near Death Experiences
-People being aware in comas/complete braindead situations.
-People who have portions of their brain missing, and still function the same as before

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisDeemian
Last week during a walk I got an idea (I don't claim to be the first with this, I honoustly don't know if this is a new idea). What if the brain is a somple unit processing the information your senses percieve and convert them into an energy your conscience can understand.

I beleive you are 100% correct. The brain bridges consciousness (spirit) and physical matter. At least, that is how I understand it aswell.

top topics

join