It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flat Foot of Chinese Lady *pictures*

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Check out these pictures of this Chinese Lady's foot. They are quite crazy!! i heard of bounding feet i guess this is what happens to them

heres the pics!

www.leenks.com...

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I've read a bit about foot binding. It was pretty brutal. Girls were started at about age six. Their feet were sewn into cloth, in a distorted position. They were fed something that helped soften bone. Then they were forced to walk on their bent under toes until bones broke. The process continued until they had this as an end result. And women who could barely walk, let alone do any kind of real work.

It was a way of keeping women as chattel, and as showing the wealth of the household. A man who could keep women with their "golden lilies" was a wealthy man, his wives & concubines didn't have to work.

Disgusting, degrading and I'm glad they don't do it anymore.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   
An absolutely horrendous practice. My Mother loved the old early colour film about the English lady who tried to change the practice. I wish I could remember her name. The worst of it was the girls had to have their feet bound pretty much from birth to get them to go like that. Can you imagine the pain as her bones grew?

What is amazing is that the old lady in the pics seems to get around better than I do! I'm 33, and my stick technique is crap compared to hers.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   
That is so totally bizarre and grotesque! I'm stumped for words.

Yet apparently, these women jumped on the wagon to what was beautiful in their eyes or rather their husbands eyes. Their reasoning was that their husbands prefered 'tiny, gentle-looking feet'.

I've heard of the practice of 'binding ones feet', and thought that's pretty barbaric.

In some cases, the women would 'break' their toes so as to be able to fold them under their foot.

The binding was done in a slow manner; slowly tightening over months and years to achieve the desired results.

This custom has been 'out-lawed' for decades now, but there are still, believe it or not, a few women who practice this.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
i think it stupid! how could men think that their wife is beautiful if she has her toes on the end the other end of her foot! it would be alot of pain to go through!

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
link says bandwidth exceeded and won't show the photos.
I'll try again later.

I've seen photos of the foot binding before and wow...good thing they don't do it anymore.

top topics

join