It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Checkered floor conspiracy - Question for masons

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Something interesting has developed out of this thread.

"Well I'm not the only nut who has put it together (More esoteric masonic symbolism for 9/11)"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Specifically the black and white checkered floors that are in masonry halls.

Such as this.

And co-incidently enough also found in Langley, VA at CIA HQ.

So here is my question.

Do all mason halls have the checkered floors or just some?

Is Rockpunk lying?

Will you also lie to protect your brother, who could also be lying?

And if you're all liers why should we believe anything that you say?

[edit on 2-5-2007 by In nothing we trust]

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 02:26 AM
link   
perhaps you should look again at the second picture as that is NOT a checkered floor. it does not contain alternating black and white squares as the picture above does.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust

Just some.

Is Rockpunk lying?
About What?

Will you also lie to protect your brother, who could also be lying?
Not if he was guilty of a crime.

And if you're all liers why should we believe anything that you say?
How many lies should a lie believer believe? Does that make sense? Neither does your question.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 07:32 AM
link   
The British Police force use the black and white checker thing on the police hats, and sometimes uniform;

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Most lodges have a mosaic floor somewhere in the lodge. Our lodge room is carpeted so we don't have one.

All it is, is symbolic of light & dark, good & bad..etc

Nothing sinister here.

Cory

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 07:58 AM
link   
This whole checkered thing is huge, its everywhere. I have amassed a large database of all things checkered, you can see it here.

My point is, I don't think the checkered floor is worth worrying about.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by corsig
Most lodges have a mosaic floor somewhere in the lodge. Our lodge room is carpeted so we don't have one.

So you don't have a mosaic floor in your lodge?

Isn't that one of the teachings of masonry?

[edit on 3-5-2007 by In nothing we trust]

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   

So you don't have a mosaic floor in your lodge?
Isn't that one of the teachings of masonry?

INWT,

The Mosaic Pavement (checkered floor) is a symbol used in the First (Entered Apprentice) Degree, but it's not mandatory that a Lodge Hall actually have one, per se. It's typically represented on a wall chart or a slide that is used during the explanatory lecture of the degree. My particular Lodge has ugly blue carpeting from the 70's (yecchhh!)

As far as it's meaning, here is the monitorial explanation given to the new Entered Apprentice in my jurisdiction. (Some jurisdictions have a slightly different explanation, but the gist is the same)

"The Mosaic Pavement is a representation of the ground floor of King Solomon's temple, and is emblematical of human life, checkered with good and evil.

As the steps of men are trod in the various and uncertain incidents of life, our days are variegated and checkered by a strange contrariety of events, and our passage through this existence, though sometimes attended by prosperous circumstances, is often beset by a multitude of evils, therefore is the Lodge furnished with Mosaic work, to remind us of the precariousness of our state on earth. Today our feet tread in prosperity; tomorrow we may totter on the uneven paths of weakness, temptation and adversity. While this emblem is before us we are instructed to boast of nothing; to have compassion and to give aid to those who are in adversity; to walk uprightly and with humility; for such is this existence, that there is no station in which pride can be stably founded; all men, in birth and in the grave, are on a level. While we tread on this Mosaic work, let our ideas return to the original, whence we copy, and let our every act be as the dictates of reason prompt us, to live in brotherly love."

(From the Entered Apprentice Ritual)

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   
And somebody correct me if I'm wrong but I seem to recall that back in the day, the entire 'lodge' rolled up for portability's sake.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Fitz-

considering early lodge meetings were done in the back of a pub it was very makeshift with temporary fixtures and tressleboards drawn in chalk. So yeah they were rolled up and put a way until the next meeting

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   
i have a black and white checkered floor in my kitchen.

later, i might make an evil casserole.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 11:29 AM
link   
When I make a casserole, the only thing evil is the after effects.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   
If it had some dark symbolism, you would expect that this of all places would have a checkered floor.

For those who do not recognize it, that is the Temple Room at the House of the Temple which serves as the Administrative/ Ceremonial Headquarters for the Southern Jurisdiction of the Scottish Rite in the United States. Quite a beautiful sight.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   
The INDY 500 has been evil since 1911...what with waving that checkered flag around and such...and dont get me started on NASCAR...or should I say SATANCAR.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Black White and Red are known colors depicting the ancient female aspect. I wonder if there is some red lurking on the walls.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fitzgibbon
And somebody correct me if I'm wrong but I seem to recall that back in the day, the entire 'lodge' rolled up for portability's sake.

Ya, back in the day, lodge was held in a pub. Sometimes they used chalk on the floor then erased it, others used a tapestry that could be rolled out onto the floor. This is where the tradition of squaring the lodge came from.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by corsig
... early lodge meetings were done in the back of a pub it was very makeshift with temporary fixtures and tressleboards drawn in chalk. So yeah they were rolled up and put a way until the next meeting

Meetings held in the back rooms of dimly lit pubs that could be moved to another location at a moments notice.

Sounds sinister.

[edit on 4-5-2007 by In nothing we trust]

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedPill

Just some.

Is Rockpunk lying?
About What?

Originally posted by Rockpuck
What the bloody hell are you going on about the checkered floor for my friend? Iv never seen a lodge with a checkard floor actually, my lodge is fully carpeted.

Originally posted by Appak
The Mosaic Pavement (checkered floor) is a symbol used in the First (Entered Apprentice) Degree, but it's not mandatory that a Lodge Hall actually have one, per se. It's typically represented on a wall chart or a slide that is used during the explanatory lecture of the degree. My particular Lodge has ugly blue carpeting from the 70's (yecchhh!)

"The Mosaic Pavement is a representation of the ground floor of King Solomon's temple, and is emblematical of human life, checkered with good and evil."

Originally posted by KilgoreTrout
This is from section five of the lectures of first degree of freemasonry craft.

Q - Of what is the interior of a Freemason's Lodge composed?

A - Ornaments, Furniture, and jewels.

Q - Name the Ornaments.

A - The Mosaic Pavement, the Blazing Star, and the Indented or Tessellated Border.

Q - Their situations?

A -The Mosaic Pavement is the beautiful flooring of the Lodge; the Blazing Star the glory in the centre; and the Indented or Tessellated Border the skirtwork round the same.

Q - I will thank you to moralise them.

A - The Mosaic Pavement may justly be deemed the beautiful flooring of a Freemason's Lodge, by reason of its being variegated and chequered. This points out the diversity of objects which decorate and adorn the creation, the animate as well as the inanimate parts thereof. The Blazing Star, or glory in the centre, refers us to the Sun, which enlightens the earth, and by its benign influence dispenses its blessings to mankind in general. The Indented or Tessellated Border refers us to the Planets, which, in their various revolutions form a beautiful border or skirtwork round that grand luminary, the Sun, as the other does round that of a Freemason's Lodge.

Q - Why was Mosaic work introduced into Freemasonry?

A - As the steps of man are trod in the various and uncertain incidents of life, and his days are variegated and chequered by a strange contrariety of events, his passage through this existence, though sometime attended by prosperous circumstances, is often beset by a multitude of evils; hence is our Lodge. furnished with Mosaic work, to point out the uncertainty of all things here on earth. Today we may travel in prosperity tomorrow we may totter on the uneven path of weakness, temptation, and adversity. Then while such emblems are before us, we are morally instructed not to boast of anything but to give heed to our ways, to walk up rightly and with humility before God, there being no station in life on which pride can with stability be founded; for though some are born to more elevated situations than others, yet, when in the grave, we are all on the level, death destroying all distinctions; and while our feet tread on this Mosaic work, let our ideas recur to the original whence we copy; let us, as good men and Masons, act as the dictates of reason prompt us, to practice charity, maintain harmony, and endeavour to live in unity and brotherly love.

Nice sentiments. It seems strange that some lodges do not include this and it does raise questions to the possibility that modern freemasonry has altered somewhat from its original format or purpose. I don't have any opinion as such, I came upon this by chance and thought I'd share as it is relevant to the previous discussion.

So if some lodges are carpeted does that mean that they don't have the mosaic pavement on the floor of the lodge?

And if so isn't this a devatation from the first degree?

How can you represent the pavement or flooring of the lodge using a wall chart Appak? (i.e This is what we believe, but we aren't doing what we believe, but that doesn't matter, just do as we say, not as we do)

[edit on 4-5-2007 by In nothing we trust]

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by justyc
perhaps you should look again at the second picture as that is NOT a checkered floor. it does not contain alternating black and white squares as the picture above does.

It is a black and white checkered floor. The squares are just off kilter by a little bit.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 09:27 AM
link   
In nothing we trust is trying to spread hatred for some reason.

Stupid little things like "The TWO TOWERS looked just like TWO PILLARS so it MUST BE MASONIC IMAGERY!"

Jesus Christ! What the hell are you trying to say?

And why does an alternating black and white floor have to be Masonic? I've seen plenty of floors like that. My kitchen floor is black and white (though not like that).

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join