It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seven Out of 10 GOP 2008 Hopefuls Could Be Excluded from TV Debate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Seven Out of 10 GOP 2008 Hopefuls Could Be Excluded from TV Debate

www.cnsnews.com

Rep. Ron Paul of Texas wants to bring American troops back from Iraq, having opposed the war from the outset. He's also a Republican candidate for president - possibly the most contrarian in the field of 10 - and he may be excluded from a forthcoming GOP candidate debate.

The same could apply to Rep. Duncan Hunter of California, the ranking Republican and past chairman of the House Armed Services Committee during most of the war on terror.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
This is just sick. It's open manipulation of elections in america. One of the best candidates, Ron Paul, could be excluded from the debate!!!!!! Hell, this is pure censorship because the establishment knows that Ron Paul is winning by a major slide all online polls. This is censorship of the people's candidates.

What do you think of this? This is an open call from the establishment to say that democracy is dead in america.

www.cnsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 2-5-2007 by Vitchilo]

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   
As a matter of civics, it does show poor behavior on the part of Republican party. Say what you will about the Democrats--and I do have plenty to say about them--but they did make a better effort to let the voters see eight candidates during their first televised debate. This is just one more example of just how out of touch the Old Guys are in the Grand Old Party.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
DID anyone see Ron Paul clean house at the first GOP Debate!!!!

A Real man in a room of puppets!

I did my part the best I can at this time, anyone else got what it takes to get this guy elected

Post it lets keep a tally and encourage other to help Ron!!!

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I was pleased to see so many Republican candidates on the stage at the time. I'm actaully glad that we were wrong and misinformed about the lack of candidates.

Now then, let's put on our conspiracy hats for just a moment. Did you notice that the people who said the most truly Republican things (small government advocay) happened to be the people with the least chance of winning?

Now, then. If YOU (you know who you are) were to go online and write things in support of the IDEAS that your favorite candidates support...without mentioning those candidates by name...you'd be covertly supporting them. Each time you write an essay in favor of something that "your guy" advocates, you end up giving him some useful ammo.
Not enough? E-mail your blogs, posts, and letters to the editor which you wrote to the candidate of your choice. they can't use it if they don't know about it.

This one single step costs you very little money but it does put "stuff" out on the internet that works for you, and the things you believe in.

There is, of course, more you can do...but that can come later.

top topics

join