It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My weird experience.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I had a truly weird experience recently. I have always been very skeptic when it comes to the paranormal but this makes me more aware.

A few of my friends and I were riding around some of the fields close to my friends house. We had never been around the fields before so we did quite a bit of exploring. We reached the edge of one of the massive fields and we approached some railroad tracks. We crossed the railroad tracks and went into the woods on the other side and about 50 yards into the woods we found an old abandoned house probably from around the mid 1800s. We approached the house and heard some very odd noises. It sounded like someone tapping on wood. It scared me and I wanted to leave because it was Nighttime and anything could be in that house. My friends discouraged me from leaving though because they didn't think it was enough to make me leave. The doors were missing on the house and we were about 15 feet away. My friend started freaking out and pointing at the door that went into the house. I looked and an average sized man was standing about midway through the house looking directly at the ground below him. I couldn't tell but it looked like he was wearing an old style hat with the brim going all the way around. It was extremely dark and I bolted out of there immediately after I saw the man or whatever it was in the house. We get back to my friends house about 15 minutes later and we call the family that lives right on the land about 300 yards from the abandoned house and they explain that nobody is supposed to be in that house and that they will go check on it immediately. We get a call back about two hours later and they tell us that they didn't find anything except an incredibly old book lying on the floor with blank pages. I have been absolutely creeped out ever since this happened to me.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Maybe the man dropped his book and left. I've had stranger things happen to me that are harder to explain. This however, can have many explanations.

I'm not saying what you saw was not paranormal. I'm saying the story isn't too strange to rule out scientific explanations.

If it is enough to make you consider paranormalities as existent, so be it. I believe in the paranormal, but if this were my first experience, it wouldn't really convince me of much.

But, keep at eye out, because it could be exactly what you thought it was.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Perhaps you saw an apparition, was the figure solid or was it too dark to tell?

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   
It was very dark but I don't think that it was a person at all due to the fact that we were standing there the whole time and we would have seen him walk over there.

top topics

join