It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why isn't there a viable illegal alien candidate for president in '08?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Think about it not everyone wants to be president of the United States, and if not everyone wants to be president why don't we let an illegal try to fill the position? Especially since illegals are hard working honest people just trying to help their families.

Also, since our government officials are so willing to allow illegals to fill the average Americans' jobs that no one wants why doesn't the average American allow for illegals to try to fill elected positions that the average American does not want to fill?

While I understand that our Constitution does not currently allow for illegals to compete for ellected offices who cares, haven't we also over looked the fact that they aren't suppose to be able to compete with Americans over the average American job?

Illegals have complete access to all state and government services but yet can not compete for government positions, isn't this discrimination? Where is the ACLU when you need them? Maybe this is meant to be a 2012 issue instead of an '08 issue? Any comments would be appreciated.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 08:37 AM
link   
No, I don't think so, not at all. Not even a legal alien can be president. You have to have been born here.

And for that I'm thankful. I do NOT want to see a President Schwarzenegger, thank you very much.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Oh, I so hope you are being sarcastic...

An illegal alien as President, though in retrospect why not. There certainly is a movement afoot to allow illegals to vote, why not indeed, let them run for elected office too. some poor undereducated schmoe from Guatemala or Mexico sitting in the White House would surely work out well.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Seagull, you are too funny.

Illegals can vote right now! Trust me, I know illegals that voted in the mid term elections in '06. Just because the TV and Newspapers don't talk about it they can DEFINATELY VOTE. Remember illegals can obtain social security cards legally, and what do you think is required to vote?

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   
They're not doing it legally, however. Yes, I know its happening, and probably not in what we would consider small numbers. But, as yet anyway, not enough to sway anything but local elections. If you have some proof of it otherwise, please, I'd like to know.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   
They are not doing it legally, again too funny since they are "illegals" however this is definately part of the reasons why politicians on both sides of the isle have lost their pairs of bullucks since they want as many votes illegal or not. A good rule of thumb is any right that you have as an American they have as well, the law does not discriminate between us and them, in their eyes we are the same.

Well, back to the subject at hand, why isn't there a viable illegal immigrant as candidate for the President in '08?

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   
In view of your statements, good question... Since appartently so many are voting, illegals I mean, why indeed isn't an illegal running, aside from the fact that he/she would soon be outed. Your point remains, though.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Wow this whole illegal alien thing is getting a little out of hand!

They are ILLEGAL, they should all be deported or in jail!

We have laws for a reason, Maybe murderers should hold a rally for their rights next!!??

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by redseal
Wow this whole illegal alien thing is getting a little out of hand!

They are ILLEGAL, they should all be deported or in jail!

not all laws are worthy of enforcement.

We have laws for a reason,

yes, to punish those that infringe upon the rights of life, liberty, and happiness of others. how are these workers damaging your life, liberty, or happiness?

Maybe murderers should hold a rally for their rights next!!??

you're comparing a person that crosses a border to work so that his family will have enough food to eat to a person that strikes down another for whatever reason?

that's like comparing an apple to a xylophone

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Low Orbit
Why isn't there a viable illegal alien candidate for president in '08

Are you kidding?

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
how are these workers damaging your life, liberty, or happiness?

Oh yes .. the TROJAN HORSE strikes again.

They are not 'workers'. They are ILLEGAL ALIENS.

There have been PLENTY of links here telling of how they destroy life, liberty and happiness.

FACT – they are all here illegally and that makes them all criminals.

FACT – they are overcrowding and overburdening schools that they have no right to.

FACT - they don't pay taxes and they aren't Americans so they are STEALING the schooling, the health care, and all goods/services that our taxes pay for - including our FREEDOM - which is paid for by US tax payers.

FACT – many illegals send the money they make here back to Mexico. 1/5 of the Mexican work force is actually here in America illegally.

FACT – they use our infrastructure and don’t pay taxes to support it.

FACT – they steal health care and overcrowd hospitals, which they have no right to, so AMERICANS and those foreigners here LEGALLY can’t get the health care they need.

FACT – there is a legal process for people to come to America FOR A REASON. A society can only absorb just so many new people before it becomes a burden and a strain on that society. We have set limits in place for a good reason.

California’s Illegal Alien Crime Wave
Illegals and crime
Crime Victims of Illegal Aliens
Crime and the Illegal Alien
Illegal alien crime wave in full swing
For Illegals, Crime pays
Illegals – crime that will shock you
MORE illegals – crime that will shock you
Illegal alien gangs & the M13 in American Cities
More on M13
ICE Announcement
M13 Illegal Alien Gangs – Third World Momentum
The Human Cost of Illegal Aliens in the USA
Mexico’s #1 Most Wanted Criminal – captured as illegal alien in Ohio
Illegal alien sexual predators
Killers, Rapists, Robbers
Time Magazine warns about illegals – the crime and the burden on the US economy
1 Billion in US taxes to take care of illegals in US prisons
Crime = Mexico’s #1 Export
The Massive Cost of Educating Illegals - 36 Billion $$
Massive free (uncompensated) hospital care to illegals (paid by US taxpayers)

AND OF COURSE -
Border Security, Terrorism and You

[edit on 5/2/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   

not all laws are worthy of enforcement.

Wrong!! laws are laws, untill ILLEGAL immingrants are not ILLEGAL, its breaking the law!!

I dont want ILLEGALS Draining social security that I pay into my whole life, only for me to get screwed in the end!

Let me ask you, WHY CANT THEY IMMIGRATE LEGALY???, just do it by the books and I have no problem!

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
oh wait they would have to learn english, thats to hard I guess!

Go to china and try to get a drivers license in english, this is beyond stupid!!

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I'm generally a liberal, but we have laws in the country about immigration. If people choose to circumvent the proper processes to getting access, then they are knowingly breaking the law. I don't have a lot of sympathy for people who came here illegally unless they're refugees from some war or other horror.

My horrible ex did it through proper channels. It took 16 months and about $400 give or take). He got in OK. Now I can't get rid of him.

But if people like him can go through proper channels and enter the country, then there is no reason others can't. If they are denied visas then they have no business coming here.

I would feel the same way about my emigrating. If I applied to a country and they told me no way, then I wouldn't go there.

I don't think it's right to enter a country illegally then cry that you aren't welcome. Tough. Go home if you don't like things the way they are here. You aren't here legally and you have no right to complain about it.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Thanks for all of the interest on this thread but let's get back to the subject at hand? Why is there not a viable candidate for president who happens to be illegal?

Wouldn't it be awsome to have a president who only speaks spanish!?
At least he would seem much more educated than the current president.

Do illegals even need their own candidate since so far it seems that every single presidential candidate is in support of something that is code language for amnesty?

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Why is there not a viable candidate for president who happens to be illegal?

It's against the laws of this country, which are there for good reason.
It's a HORRID idea. It's BAD for America. They would NOT have
America's best interests at heart. They'd have their own country's
interests .. not ours.

Wouldn't it be awsome to have a president who only speaks spanish!?

:shk: No.

I suggest you read up on the laws of this land and WHY they are there.
That will help you out a whole lot.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Thanks for all of the interest on this thread but let's get back to the subject at hand? Why is there not a viable candidate for president who happens to be illegal?

Because he couldn't even get past the filing stage, where you have to declare your citizenship.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
some poor undereducated schmoe from Guatemala or Mexico sitting in the White House would surely work out well.

OVER MY DEAD BODY!

If there's gonna be an undereducated schmoe running my country (and there is and there will be), he'd dang well better be my color, speak my language, and pray to my god... Ideally he'd have my eye color, be from my home state, share my taste in beer, and vote for the same American Idols that I do.
I've learned to live with being ruled by a moron, but I will never learn how to accept the instruction of anyone disagrees with or differs from me in even the slightest way.

No seriously, well said by Low Orbit. Let's not go as far as constitutional ammendment, but lets just cut the president's sallary and hire some day laborers to pick up some of the executive slack that isn't explicitly required by the constitution. Ditto for congress. Maybe they will knock off the ridiculous race-card game and start addressing the core economic problems that are driving BOTH sides of the illegal immigration debate if we can make it hit them in the pocket book the way it does to immigrants and to American workers.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I'll second that. Time and past time to hold both sides that are driving this problem accountable. Business' that hire illegal labor, nations that give covert and not so covert permission and assistance to illegal immigrants. That's really the only thing that'll work.

What color are your eyes? Choice of beer? If we agree does that mean I get a write in vote come November '08?

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Does this thread even have a point? No, it doesn't. All it does is pose a ridiculous, albeit, rhetorical question. The only obvious point to this thread is a blatant effort to produce inflammatory results.

As MajorMalfunction pointed out, only American-born citizens can qualify to become president. This is why Henry Kissinger was not allowed to vie for the position.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust
Does this thread even have a point? No, it doesn't. All it does is pose a ridiculous, albeit, rhetorical question. The only obvious point to this thread is a blatant effort to produce inflammatory results.

As MajorMalfunction pointed out, only American-born citizens can qualify to become president. This is why Henry Kissinger was not allowed to vie for the position.

Good question Maria, I guess I was just wondering why a minority consisting of 15 to 20 million "Americans" isn't represented in the general election? Why is my question rhetorical? Is it because I am right when I stated that all of the candidates support the rights of illegal aliens therefore it is not necessary to have an illegal defend their own rights?

Did you know that if one is an illegal alien it, using your terminology also dis"qualifies" them from not only running for president but it also disqualifies them from holding any sort of employment? My question is not rhetorical since it is attempting to address the double standard between why illegals can hold pretty much any job in the US besides those of professionals(doctors, lawyers, etc) and why they can not run for president. After all shouldn't illegals be disqualified from all positions not just the office of President because after all they are ILLEGAL?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join