It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Physicality Necessary for Spirituality?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Three definitions first:

Physicality: the sum of Infinite matter particles and waves, and force particles and waves; frequently expressed as the "cutting-edge" of science.

Spirituality: the sum of Infinite Spiritual (belief in God) particles and waves; frequently defined in theology as the "mysterious", or undiscovered wisdom in the Universe.

Universe: the sum of the two above, including application of them both to the Afterlife.

Is physicality necessary for Spirituality? I believe not. I believe Spiritual "particles" and "waves" control matter and force particles and waves. God is Spirit (and matter and forces???) and the engineer of everything from the rate of a life form's eyes opening or closing to the rate of a heart beat to the velocity of a galaxy.

Can the Universe exist only physically? I believe yes because with God everything is possible. But Spirituality to me has a much adulatory meaning than physicality. Like everything, this could be reduced to semantics, but I believe that only the most loving words should be expressed towards the Creator of your heart, soul, mind, and strength.

Is Spirituality necessary for physicality? This is a mystery that has baffled beings since before time. One can be sharply criticized by saying that God is everything and everything is possible, or that God is only Spirit and that not everything is possible. I would like to answer the question in the affirmative as I have a much higher regard for Spirituality than physicality.

Can the Universe exist only Spiritually? I believe yes and this is the way I and my religion envision the Afterlife. I lived for 6 years as an atheist and was very physically oriented, but after discovering God 12 years ago I much prefer the Spiritual life over the physical life. Atheists, please do not take offense; I can formerly agree with part of your belief systems and please feel free to comment. I cannot speak for all former atheists but when I was an atheist I preferred the physical over the Spiritual.

One of my conclusions: life is and will always be no matter how we describe it or interpret it.

Comments? Please do not reduce this post to only semantics or a faith vs. atheism battle.

[edit on 2-5-2007 by GreatTech]

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I found your thread not long after I posted a blog entry which asked almost the opposite question. I thought you might find it interesting that although I argue in favour of the physical, I arrived at the same conclusion as you; things will be no matter how we describe them, and that it doesn't matter what one believes as long as one tries to do good by themselves and all others.

My post is over at thewindingpath.net/2007/05/02/is-spirituality-necessary/

I'm leaving it as a plain-text URL because to be honest I probably won't be a member here for long and so it wouldn't be fair to use this site for links. (and it seems I can't send emails without 20 posts)

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by mlapierre
I found your thread not long after I posted a blog entry which asked almost the opposite question. I thought you might find it interesting that although I argue in favour of the physical, I arrived at the same conclusion as you; things will be no matter how we describe them, and that it doesn't matter what one believes as long as one tries to do good by themselves and all others.

My post is over at thewindingpath.net/2007/05/02/is-spirituality-necessary/

I'm leaving it as a plain-text URL because to be honest I probably won't be a member here for long and so it wouldn't be fair to use this site for links. (and it seems I can't send emails without 20 posts)

mlapierre, interesting. However, I could not find your post. Did I make a typo, or did you?

Blessings.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 01:41 AM
link   
mlapierre, I finally found your well-written blog. For those who cannot find it, type in:

thewindingpath.net

and scroll down to the second blog.

Although I do not agree with everything you said, you are quite a deep philosopher.

If God is only Spirit, He still controls Spirituality and physicality. If God is only Physicality, He still controls spirituality and Physicality. If God is both, He still controls both. In other words, life is a gift from God. No matter how distorted our minds become at times or how much pain we experience, God is with us and will comfort us and change us for the better (no pain, no gain!!!).

Spirituality is necessary as a word: it has many more possible connotations relating to God than physicality. Spirituality is necessary as a practice; when God is not properly served for the Blessings He has bestowed upon us, evil can occur: pandemics, epidemics, endemics, thermonuclear war, world wars, other types of war, crime...

Worship God and you can never go wrong in the Eternal Perspective: you may have some ups and downs, but you will share in the Glory of Heaven in the endless end.

Blessings!!!

new topics

top topics

join