It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just thought of some confounding situations in the WTC...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 11:20 PM
link   
The best theory I can think of, that cutter charges and thermate actually brought the towers down, may not be true....

When the planes hit, why didn't they set off a chain reaction of cutter charge detonation and bring them down instantly?

Yikes.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 11:25 PM
link   
In the period after the hit and before the fall, there is a thermate reaction going on at a cornerstone. It's becoming popular in several videos. There was no chain reaction because the area of combustion is small in a cutting charge.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 11:27 PM
link   
So you imply that cutter charges detonated on impact in the area of impact, but did not trigger a continuous reaction?

Like the unfinished OKC job...

[edit on 5/1/2007 by Anubis Kanubis]

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Yes. Although, they didn't detonate. They were ignited.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 12:42 AM
link   
From my viewpoint, I feel it depends mainly on what was used to bring down the building ( for those of you that believe there was a conspiracy).

Depends on the device and what it takes to be detonated or set off, but mainly I feel they were in the core and safe from any harm.

And contrary to what Official Story flaunters like to tout about, the core remained substantially undamaged, very very undamaged, safe from any harm.

Before you cry fires got to the core, let me punch you in the face and say there wasn't much in the core for there to be burnt because it was mainly elevator shafts, small hallways and structural support columns and beams.

[edit on 5/2/2007 by Masisoar]

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anubis Kanubis
When the planes hit, why didn't they set off a chain reaction of cutter charge detonation and bring them down instantly?

there are over 200 different kinds of explosives, a great many of them would not explode simply because they are subjected to heat and fire. Some explosives require a specific chemical reaction to explode, some others require and electrical current to explode.

So whatever charges were at the point of impact, even if they explode prematurely would not necessarily set-off a chain reaction. Furthermore, they might not have placed any cutter charges at the point of impact, after all why would they place charges in a place where the airplane would have already destroyed a large amount of the structure?

Also, you have the thermate charges, those would certainly ignite when exposed to fire. But so it happens we have evidence of some thermates being ignited before the collapse and during the fires:

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

In everyone of these videos you will see a red hot molten metal turned to liquid pouring out of the building. We know jet fuel does not melt steel, so how did that molten steel get there?

[edit on 2-5-2007 by PepeLapew]

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 06:17 AM
link   
OP...

The theory that fire will "set off a chain reaction" is totally flawed... C4 for example, when thrown in a fire will BURN, not explode... just an example.

Most high explosives require a percussion and heat to detonate... not a fire of being hit by a plane.

If we REALLY think, the explosives would need to be semi-redundant in the impact area in case some were destroyed on impact. If they were destroyed on impact then the columns that they needed to sever would probably already have been taken care of.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by PepeLapew
Also, you have the thermate charges, those would certainly ignite when exposed to fire.

Not true... aluminothermics require a VERY hot ignition source for the reaction to start... usually burning magnesium or an "electric match" (google).

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pootie

Originally posted by PepeLapew
Also, you have the thermate charges, those would certainly ignite when exposed to fire.

Not true... aluminothermics require a VERY hot ignition source for the reaction to start... usually burning magnesium or an "electric match" (google).

Well, let's just say that it MIGHT be possible for the thermate to ignite or at least some of the charges could have ignited. I just wanted to give Anibus the benefit of the doubt.

If they were destroyed on impact then the columns that they needed to sever would probably already have been taken care of.

Yup! I agree.

top topics

join