It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not sure what this was.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   
As the topic states I am not sure what this aircraft was? I was coming home from the grocery store and had just pulled up at the house. I got out and heard the sound of an aircraft approaching. The thing that made me stop and look up was the sound of the aircraft. It had what I would call a military sound too it. It def did not sound like your normal civ aircraft. So I looked around for a few seconds before spotting it. It was probaly about 5-6 thousand feet off the ground heading toward the north. When I saw it had just passed over my head. The strangest thing about this was that it had the appearance of a mirage. . There were a few differences though. Instead of the two engines at the back of the plane there was one on each wing in the middle. As far as I am aware there are not many kit planes like this one ( I could be wrong) Has anyone seen anything like this?

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Can you be more specific with the design? Engines on the mid wing pretty common with Cessna twins and king airs having that configuration etc.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Like I said it looked like a mirage fighter with the canards and swept back wings. It sounded nothing like a cesna. Had a very distinct jet sound too it.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 01:32 AM
link   
The closest plane i could think of was that jet made by Honda, but i doubt that it would be flying around your area, just thought I'd contribute as best as i can

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by w810i
Like I said it looked like a mirage fighter with the canards and swept back wings. It sounded nothing like a cesna. Had a very distinct jet sound too it.

www.richard-seaman.com...

img87.imageshack.us...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Upon talking to my dad about it he suggested either a BD-10 or Starship. Which from my veiwpoint it was neither one of those aircraft or the Honda jet. It was a delta wing configuration with the canards in front of that.

This picture is what it looked like with two differences. There where no weapons racks on the wings and the two engines were not at the back of the fuselage. There was one on each wing situated in the middle of the wing. Other then those two variations thats what it looked like.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Sounds very much like a Saab Grippen with underwing fuel tanks to me.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 04:49 AM
link   
After looking that up it does look a lot like. Only question is what an the hell would it be doing where I'm at??

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 05:05 AM
link   

After looking that up it does look a lot like. Only question is what an the hell would it be doing where I'm at??

Whereabouts are you exactly and when was the sighting?

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I'm in montana. It was around 4:30-5 pm mountain time.
I might add that this is not something you see on an everyday or even odd day basis

[edit on 2-5-2007 by w810i]

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 05:46 AM
link   

I'm in montana. It was around 4:30-5 pm mountain time.
I might add that this is not something you see on an everyday or even odd day basis

[edit on 2-5-2007 by w810i]

The UKs Empire Test Schools JAS 39 Gripen is currently in the US on exchange, maybe thats what you saw.

new topics

top topics

join