It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brazil To Join "Bank of the South"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Brazil To Join "Bank of the South"

money.cnn.com

WASHINGTON (Reuters) -- Brazil wants to be part of creating a new South American multilateral bank, the brainchild of Venezuela and Argentina.

The project, called Bank of the South, aims to offer Latin America an alternative to traditional lenders like the World Bank and the Inter-American Development Bank.

Brazil's decision came after Mantega met Friday night with Venezuelan, Argentine, Bolivian and Ecuadorean officials at the World Bank.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.venezuelanalysis.com

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
A new multilateral bank for South American countries to create a development fund for Latin America attracts another member.

The addition of Brazil to the Bank of the South will be very beneficial to the fund since Brazil has the biggest financial reserves in Latin America. Brazil, with 110.5 billion US dollars in currency reserves towers over Venezuela and Argentina, which have $31.3 billion and $37.5 billion respectively.

Venezuela had initially agreed to inject $1.4 billion into the bank and Argentina would provide $350 million, or 10 percent of their total reserves. The incorporation of Brazil, however, will give the fund a significantly larger capacity by almost doubling the total amount of credit available.

The Bank of the South, initiated by Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez, is being developed jointly by South American countries as an alternative to the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund. Since these organizations demand certain conditions from governments to which they lend money...

...in order to free the nations of the region from the IMF and World Bank. Unlike these organizations, the Bank of the South will be managed and funded by the countries of the region with the intention of funding social and economic development without political conditions. Among the first projects that they will fund is an 8,000 kilometer gas pipeline across South America.

Chavez has emphasized that the bank should maintain principles of solidarity and cooperation among the countries of the region, always keeping the control of the institution among the countries of the region. Chavez hopes to have the project will be launched by the end of June, and the Bank should begin operations sometime late this year.

Interesting developments.

Venezuela announced today it is pulling out of the IMF and World Bank (ATS link)I expect the political rhetoric to be ratcheted-up in the near future.

money.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Go Hugo!

Do you think he's active on the conspiracy forums? Giving Big Oil the finger, dumping the IMF and World Bank... Sounds like he's making a NWO free haven down there.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gools
I expect the political rhetoric to be ratcheted-up in the near future.

Hell, I expect the rest of the Navy's carrier groups will be arriving there in the near future!

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I guess this is a step in the right direction for them.

Mythatsabigprobe: If there is a such thing as the NWO and if Bush is supposed to be part of thise scheme...he's probably the worst NWO member to hit the NWO circuit because he's done more to break down world order then anyone else in our history. LOL

Pie

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Kinda got a ring to it!

I think that the developing markets may have...well, developed!

I cannot perceive that if Democracy is the way, how come 'third-world' countries are suddenly becoming international players?

That being the case, will we see nuclear powers spring up based upon their new found financial independance?

Will we one day see the Agencia Espaciál del Amero-Sur? or the African Space Exploration Alliance?

I wonder just how corrupt the bank officials will be in the day-to-day operation of the bank, and what measures to ensure against it will be implemented by the member nations?

[edit on 1-5-2007 by deaman88]

[edit on 1-5-2007 by deaman88]

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Mythatsabigprobe: If there is a such thing as the NWO and if Bush is supposed to be part of thise scheme...he's probably the worst NWO member to hit the NWO circuit because he's done more to break down world order then anyone else in our history. LOL

Well no. The Iraq war is going well according to the NWO objectives but now people in the US wants to get out... that is bad. But the police state is growing, mission accomplished. North American Union is forming, mission accomplished. What is he bad in? Propaganda? Well Bush is only a puppet... when democrats take over people will return to sleep, I hope they doesn't but republicans did when Bush came...

I think South America will be in the target soon... just after Iran/Pakistan. Couple of assassinations... or overthrows... or war... or just pay them...

[edit on 1-5-2007 by Vitchilo]

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   
This banking endeavor is still going to be owned & operated by the same old Europe/Persia Synagogue of Satan creeps that control the rest of the money power. This is just for show and appeasement of the people.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Well no. The Iraq war is going well according to the NWO objectives but now people in the US wants to get out... that is bad. But the police state is growing, mission accomplished. North American Union is forming, mission accomplished. What is he bad in? Propaganda? Well Bush is only a puppet... when democrats take over people will return to sleep, I hope they doesn't but republicans did when Bush came...

I think South America will be in the target soon... just after Iran/Pakistan. Couple of assassinations... or overthrows... or war... or just pay them...

The only 2 countries I see in lockstep heading towards anything close to a police state with surveilance and security is The USA and GB...Canada is creeping slowly towards it. The rest were smart enough to distance themselves like Spain and France. At one time we were all pretty much on good terms with each other, but that was before GW. As far as South America goes, yeah Im sure they'd love to but I think there isn't enough time left in office to even touch on that part of the world. He needs to work on Syria and lebanon and the way Iran is going for him, there has been a big delay in plans due to the fact not as many people signed on for it...unless you want to count The island of Palau , Micronesia and Israel as major contributing nations.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Lol. Sorry, but Hillary, Obama, Guiliani or anyone elected in 08 will also be NWO. It's just that the democrats are doing the same thing but more slowly, and they are gun-grabbers.

Also, you're misinformed about France and Europe in general... Germany is held by Angela Merkel, big bilderberger and France will soon be headed by Sarkozy, a big Bush supporter or Royal, a big Blair supporter. Spain is true get away from the NWO... Australia is in it, with Howard at the head... Canada will go that way too if one party takes the majority of the seats because both parties are sold. Mexico is militarizing. The North American Union is forming, the EU is forced upon Europe... it's not going that fast, but it's moving fowards.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   
The Bank of the south seems like a pretty big step forward for the south american countries. Bravo! As far as the new world order goes, you're right it's moving slowly, but with a pretty big and lasting delay by not getting the full support they want from all countries it's sure gonna do some damage to it.

[edit on 2-5-2007 by bartholomeo]

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
This is yet more proof of what many ATS members have known since atleast 2004. I and others here have been aware of it since November of 2001. I know there is still some disagreement over motive, but I am going to stand on what I've said all along. This is one more step toward the creation of an anti-American trading block.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justin Oldham
This is yet more proof of what many ATS members have known since atleast 2004. I and others here have been aware of it since November of 2001. I know there is still some disagreement over motive, but I am going to stand on what I've said all along. This is one more step toward the creation of an anti-American trading block.

And why not?

Seriously. When the World Bank policies for currency valuation failed in Argentina, destroying the economy, their first response was to force the Argentinian government to sell off their utilities to an Enron company, and their second was to demand that the door be opened to Monsanto. Guess how that all worked out.

People all over the world have been steadily waking up to the fact that they, and their economies, no longer work for their own best interests - and have not done so for decades. Why not work towards a system that removes the greatest abusers from the picture?

What possible reason could there be for doing otherwise?

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Those who consider the rise to power a slow one, if you wanted the world, wouldn't you take your time over it? LOL

I have stated before, even if the South american Bank seems like a threat to the US, its all a little plot, to unify currencies and sovereignty at a regional level, as it is easier to manage 6 or seven unified regional currencies than the various currencies floating around today.

Wasn't it Hitler, who wanted a unified currency and weren´t the NWO's fingers in that pie?

If so, then it stands to reason, that at some point, all currencies will be merged, to form a single global currency, either on a voluntary basis, or forced.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 05:35 AM
link   
CFR calls for the end of national currency

The right course is not to return to a mythical past of monetary sovereignty, with governments controlling local interest and exchange rates in blissful ignorance of the rest of the world. Governments must let go of the fatal notion that nationhood requires them to make and control the money used in their territory. National currencies and global markets simply do not mix; together they make a deadly brew of currency crises and geopolitical tension and create ready pretexts for damaging protectionism. In order to globalize safely, countries should abandon monetary nationalism and abolish unwanted currencies, the source of much of today's instability...Benn Steil is Director of International economics - CFR
/yssnry

This May/June 07 missive, posted on the CFR website does a reasonable job of identifying SOME of the issues associated with national currency fluctuations vis-a-vie volatile world markets, and globalization...but it flat out distorts others. In any event, it's the cure that I find most distasteful. First Roberto Gonzales & the JWB admin would have us believe that elements of our Constitution are becoming 'quaint'... a convenient precursor to Steil's statements below, where he essentially declares sovereignty obsolete:

"in the words of the Nobel laureate Joseph Stiglitz "Countries are effectively told that if they don't follow certain conditions, the capital markets or the IMF will refuse to lend them money," writes Stiglitz. "They are basically forced to give up part of their sovereignty."

Is this right? Are markets failing, and will restoring lost sovereignty to governments put an end to financial instability? This is a dangerous misdiagnosis. In fact, capital flows became destabilizing only after countries began asserting "sovereignty" over money ..."

Not only does Steil appear to acknowledge the effective role of the IMF in this piece...but check-out the blatant Orwellian title of his book: 'Financial Statecraft'...co-authored with fellow CFR-mate Robert E. Litan. Steil seems to draw a distinction between national sovereignty (ok), and financial sovereignty (non-essential)...but we all know the old 'Golden Rule'. While I'm not a wild-eyed CT (am I?), it's the cumulative effect of developments like these that begin to add weight to the concept, that what we may be witnessing today is the gradual stealth engineering of financial 911.

Peace &
Good Fortune
OBE1

EDIT: In keeping with the thread topic, Steil does reference currency issues in Latin America.

[edit on 3-5-2007 by OBE1]

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Has anyone compiled a decent list of which nations are members of the NWO? If Venezuela is not then this new banking system could be a small victory for anti-NWO. Personally I believe that Venezuela isn't part of the NWO because they have close ties with Cuba and the CIA attempted a coup against Chavez.

top topics

join