It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The overpass collapse is a conspiracy!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Micro Nuke??? Are there Hazmat people around the area. Or people from NEST. People wearing monitoring equipment. Is the area roped off with yellow and magenta tape or rope??

Do you see anyone reading or taking surveys with monitoring equipment and do these people have on their clothing monitoring dosimetry like I am currently wearing??

Ever been in a high radiation area?? I have ..was in one last night..going back in tonight too.

Yellow and magenta rope is how a radiation area is isolated and guards or a watch is posted to keep unauthorized peoples out.

Concrete expanding past its point of holding together sounds like a bomb..especially if it is a large piece of concrete. Steel too when it breaks under pressure of expansion and weight.

When you disassemble line shafting on ships going out to the propellors and you use 50 to 100 ton jacks to push out the very large and heavy bolts it sounds like a gun shot or explosion when they break. It will make you jump if you are not prepared for this.
50 to 100 tons is easily what you get in dead weight on a bridge like this.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by citizen smith
Pretty much all concrete structures will have reinforcement bars as a standard format of construction.

Yes of course rebar was used in the construction, my post was questioning if the rebar was preloaded, or 'pre-tensioned' in the construction. Concrete is amazing in compression and pretty bad in tension, bending loads. Pre-tensioning is akin to a long 18 wheeler truckbed with a rainbow shaped arch in it to provide for almost 0 sag when under full load.

Many most likely have never heard of such a thing. I will see if I can find some links an such....

[edit on 1-5-2007 by greatlakes]

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Here is a PDF file on Post Tensioning construction technique. It can be used in any highly loaded structure such as bridges, columns, spans, buildings etc.

POST TENSIONING OF REBAR

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   
NOT EVERYTHING IS A COVER-UP THE ONLY THING I BELIEVE IS THAT THERE IS UFO's and JFk was assinated by the government.

There is no cover up with the Fuel Truck HAHAAHAH you people are truly crazy maybe we should all be watching out for your psychoness

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Whether Pre- or Post-Tensioning is used is dependant on the loads that the component is designed to take. Here's a link into bridge construction (in particular, segmental concrete construction) by the Federal Highways Administration...and a specific link to Post-Tensioned structures

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Its a conspiracy!!! Everything is a conspiracy!! The computer you are typing on, the internet, this website, the trees outside, the sky, the air we breathe....its all a conspiracy!!!!!

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
OK here is my take. Some of you know me and some don't, but the one that do know me and my 757 didn't hit the Pentagon thread, know that I have been in commercial and industrial construction for many years.

I was looking at the photos and this is no conspiracy. Tanker loaded with diesel fuel dumped and caught on fire. The concrete did not melt people, look up concrete on Google and see what you find.

What happened is the structure had enough heat to expand the steel structure just enough to where the Large I-Beams sheared the large fastner bolts like a pair of large scissors. When you heat a large mass of steel up enough it will expand quite a bit and more than what the engineers figured in under normal conditions. That coupled with the weight and excessive expansion movement sheered those poor little bolts off and down she came.

If you look at earthquake stressed or collapsed highways or expressways you will see the same effect, sheared off at the points of connection.

This was not a conspiracy. You can also see the dark black soot on the main support columns from the diesel burn off.

[edit on 1-5-2007 by Realtruth]

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Realtruth: As stated already, thermal expansion. No weakening of steel necc. for this to occur, thermal expansion will shear off bolts all by itself.

Here's a nice visual: fill up a bottle with water, cap it, put in freezer-the bottle will shatter-break apart. Can also try this with a steel water container, the forces are very large...Thermal expansion. Of course this is with cold temperatures and with water.

Water is an interesting molecule, it EXPANDS when cooled. Normal materials expand when heated, like concrete and steel, and reduce when cooled. Water is an interesting exception.

[edit on 1-5-2007 by greatlakes]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join