It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Day the Music Died

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   
May be coming sooner than you think. Internet Radio is going to be taxed out of existence. A new copyright that has been filed may push them out of business.

The Day the Music Died

By Brian Braiker
Newsweek
Updated: 9:15 a.m. ET April 30, 2007

April 30, 2007 - As you read these words on your monitor, there is a decent chance that you’re also streaming a little online radio. After all, with an estimated listenership of approximately 50 million Americans per month, Internet radio has become a go-to destination for a fuller spectrum of music, an alternative to FM’s mind-numbing monotony. And if you are one of those listeners, mark May 15 on your calendar: it might well be the day that the music dies.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Don't get me wrong here folks. I am all about the song writer, singer and band getting their royalties, but I can't stand the middlemen, that are sucking the life out of new music, and new talent that tries to make it via the net.

Where does the arm of corporate greed end and a medium for new talent to emerge?

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I am totally against those taxes on Internet Radio. As an aspiring artist, I know that Internet radio could potentially reach millions of people who are looking for new bands on the rise.

With all of this happening, it's going to make things very very hard for alot of people who kinda rely on Internet radio.

I think it sucks.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Wow, And just as I was about to launch an internet radio station with some friends, well, I guess I will have to see what happens with the new taxes, maybe they wont effect me.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Awww maaan.

I am going to be so salty if Pandora gets shut down. In case you dont know, it is one of the sweetest Internet radio stations around.

If you dont know, I highly suggest you get with the program.

new topics

top topics

join