It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just a little scared if I'm honest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Hi,

Nearly a year ago now I posted a thread in the dreams section concerning a number of bizarre dreams I had been having. At the time I was reasured that they were not all that uncommon and that i shouldn't let it worry me. Apparently the number you have can differ greatly with some having them frequently, whilst others may only experience one their whole lives.
Well, I took it on board and decided to put them down to an overactive imagination or possibly a sub-consiously inflatted ego. However in the last three months I have had a score of these dreams possibly over 5 now and my grip on reality is really begginging to slip. Basically I am predicting the future in my dreams. Not big events, or major disasters but small events, interactions and activities within my own life, but the clarity and accuracy of these dreams leads me to wonder about the validity of fate?
I have to admit I am more than a little scared, why is this happenign at all. I have alway's had quite bad deja-vo but this is beyond that. The dreams themselvs are very short and I awake remembering very little of the event, perhaps even a single line of conversation and the setting, and often the people there I do not know, and it is only when the event occurs that the reality and validity of my prediction becomes apparent.
The strangest thing though is the feeling I get after I have passed through one of these evnts, I get an almost hollow feeling within me, i get very hot and my mind races, to the extent that i can't focus on anything for at least 10mins. I have tried talking to my friends about this, and while they are very open minded and supportive, I get the disticnt impression they either think I'm lying or going slightly mad. netither of which do wonders for my own mental well-being. So i ask you, the members of this forum to help me spread some light on these events. Why and how is this happening? How can I draw answers from this crazyness? Am i going mad?

I assure all of you i am no sharlatan, I am not here to waste anybody's time, only to try and clarify what has been happening. Please if you know anything that may help please, please bother to reply, and if this happens to you i would be greatful in the extreme if you could detail your experiences here. Thanks in advance for any help you may have.

Also, altho i stated the dreams were concerning small events within my life, if anybody thinks the details of these predictions would help with a conclusion I would be happy to detail the events within them.

Respectfully,

Mal

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Hopefully you are just having an anxiety attack when you awake.
Maybe you are so concerned with the possibilities, that you are getting freaked out over these dreams, which in turn fuels the next night's dreams. I hope this is the case for the sake of your sanity. If these are premonitions, keep a journal next to your bed and record all events remembered. You'll be amazed at how much you can recall in the moment. I have found that by doing this, you can get a better understanding of what is happening to you. Maybe the journal entries taken as a whole, will unravel this mystery for you.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   
You are just moving on to the next step so to speak. Your not loosing it. You said you have often had de ja voo. Most likely, there are a few dreams you have had through out your life even as a very small child that you remember because they impacted you so much. right? Are you also between the ages of 18 and 28? Getting the hang of being independent?

Its ok, nothing to be afraid of. As for why, I think everyone needs to figure that out on their own.

join