It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Brother Has Become a Big Issue.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 07:44 AM
link   
If you're innocent of every possible crime both now and in the conceivably soviet style "politically correct" future, it is still in your best interest to take every measure to guard your privacy and anonymity. Even if the (wo)men who call themselves government could create a crime free utopia, they would then have to criminalise currently legal activities to justify their continued existence/expansion. You don't honestly believe the fat cats would all just shake hands, say "Job well done" and go home do you?

Consider the following quote at your leasure:

"Give me six lines written by the most honorable of men and I will find an excuse in them to hang him." - Cardinal Richelieu

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSide
So Big Brother will know what bands I listen to, what films I watch, what I read and what I eat for breakfast, and the color of my underware...They'll also know where I go when I leave my house. So what? Everything I do on my pc is already monitored by adware...

And I totally agree with budski, humans were never and never will be free, first of all your genes program a part of your behavior, then when you grow up the society you live in conditions you into a certain thought pattern, etc.

You'll never be free if you live in a society, and that's though because we're social animals.

If I am biologically limited just to walk and never to fly ( anyway I never give that hope up..) and live in a hurdle -I should accept every rule laid on me!? Very eerie....

1984 you tube movie trailer

And what I found very tragic and scarry , that Orwell had Stalin totalitarian state on his mind...look were we are coming to.....

So - we must be totally controlled in order to live “in security“... What an idea...

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Do you have any other arguments that this is happening apart from 1984, which is a science-fiction novel?

In any case remember that soon you will have something much worse to worry about than the camera at your nearest round about ..

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Do you have any other arguments that this is happening apart from 1984, which is a science-fiction novel?

In any case remember that soon you will have something much worse to worry about than the camera at your nearest round about ..

I spouse you didn't read my previous replay to you.

Oh..yeeea...“scare tactic“....“something much WORST is coming“ - If you was paying any attention to what I am saying all along - how else , but with “scare“ tactics are governments to engage in these mass monitoring of their citizens?

“ROAD TO HELL IS PAVED WITH GOOD INTENTIONS“

** but not so sure in “good“ intentions either... to put it nicely

[edit on 1-5-2007 by blue bird]

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   

So Big Brother will know what bands I listen to, what films I watch, what I read and what I eat for breakfast, and the color of my underware...They'll also know where I go when I leave my house. So what? Everything I do on my pc is already monitored by adware...

So, since we are already monitored it makes an increase in the monitoring of citizens justified?

Most people who take a stand of 'so what' usually cite that they are doing nothing wrong and that they never partake in criminal action or 'anti-social' behavior. With this said they are free to continue with, 'if you are not doing anything wrong it should not bother you'. In response I ask anyone taking this line of reason this:

Who gets to decide what is socially accepted? Who gets to decide what is 'anti-social'; what is a crime?

Allow an inch and they will take a mile. A mile which will be given to them with a smile.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by spines
Who gets to decide what is socially accepted? Who gets to decide what is 'anti-social'; what is a crime?

Laws, that are passed by people that are elected.

Allow an inch and they will take a mile. A mile which will be given to them with a smile.

Who is "they"? The government? the aliens? the antichrist? the illuminati?

Just because it happened in 1984 doesn't mean it has to happen.

<< 1  2   >>

join