It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

200 posts to get into chat?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   
man thats alot of posts to get into the chat area!

Would seem that some would just post alot of 1 liners and such?

What is the reasoning for this?

Ive been here since feburary, isnt that good enough?

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I second that. I haven't been there that long, but i seems like a lot of posts to get the ball rolling.

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   
No, it is not alot of posts. Chat is a place for the members to lay back and get to know each other.

They don't want spam and fighting so they put on a 200 post limit.

200 posts comes easy.

Try posting on ATS and AP about topics you like, or try BTS.

With threads like The Three Word Story!! , The Answer A question with a question game!! , Kill the post above yours thread!!! and hundreds of other games and threads on every subject you could imagine, you can get 200 posts and beyond in no time at all.

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I have to agree with Enjoies. I've been here 8 days and after this post I'm only 25 away from the "magic number."

I hope there are people in the chat when I finally break through, because I am going to be there. Soon.

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
I hope there are people in the chat when I finally break through, because I am going to be there.

The best time to go in is around 7 to 8pm (est). Thats when most of us are in there.

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I've been here 10 days, but i only have 80 posts. I cant always be on the computer 24/7, because i have school work, chours, playing outside, gymnastics, and other things to do. The 200th post will come soon enough.

The mods. dont want just anyone in the chat rooms, like maybe someone who will argue the whole time or something. they probably only want serious posters in the chat rooms. Thats what I think.

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   
200 posts isn't that many, considering the size of ATS. Plus it shows you are serious about this site, and that you didn't just sign up to chat.

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Rules are rules. I like the heavy moderation here. I hate trolls. I will happily maneuver through the minefield of rules to keep the trolls and obvious hoaxers to a minimum.

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   
"Do you know the way to way to San Jose?"

Anyone want to provide a link to tonights chats?

(Probably thinking I didn't provide 200 posts to qualify...darn)

[edit on 29-4-2007 by TheDuckster]

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   
i have a long way to go...

RATS would be intersting, but thats a whole other story

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDuckster
"Do you know the way to way to San Jose?"

Anyone want to provide a link to tonights chats?

(Probably thinking I didn't provide 200 posts to qualify...darn)

[edit on 29-4-2007 by TheDuckster]

Oh wait...I did??!?

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Man Im so close!!

Im at like 193, but I cant seem to find agood response to any thread right now!

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   
We're sorry, due to abuse of our chat by some new and not-so-new members, you must have at least 200 posts to use chat on ATS. You only have 197 posts.

Ugh so close!!!!!!!

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Ok IM in, lets see what this is all about!!

Ill be a silent observer for a while, just want to see what its all about!!

Here I go!!!!

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 01:14 AM
link   
So you just posted yourself into chat, but you still could have added some quality to them. I'm just a little jealous right now, I have a bit to go!!!!

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by secret titan
200 posts isn't that many, considering the size of ATS. Plus it shows you are serious about this site, and that you didn't just sign up to chat.

Too true!
This must be about number 35 for me, so a long way to go. It's a touch annoying really cos I've been reading threads for about 2 years, but finially decided to put up and stop shutting up!!

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I'm getting closer........only 43 left to go!!! I just wish I would have signed up a year ago and I would have been there already.

ChikeyMonkey, perhaps we could work something out......

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Cool, I didn't even know there was a Chat. I'm about half of the way there once I get there it will be cool to get to know some fellow ATS'ers a bit more. I guess just like everyone else here on this board I too have to pay my dues.

PEACE

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
So you basically just posted what amounts to spam imo to get into Chat? I'm assuming that this thread has no further purpose then.

Now, how do I ban from Chat again?

Just kidding. This should provide an example of how NOT to work your way into Chat though. The guidelines are there for a reason. We need to provide members protection from abuse, predators, etc as much as we can. 200 posts provides us the time to weed out any possible problems.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Have had the right to chat for a while now and started visiting this week and it is well worth the wait.

And 200 posts is not too hard. It took me less than 3 months.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join