It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

does anyone else have trouble connecting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   
does anyone else have trouble connecting to ATS
where it randomly stops working? when you post and stuff like that
all other sites works apart from ATS sites

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:
You are not connected to the Internet.
The website is encountering problems.
There might be a typing error in the address.

What you can try:
Diagnose Connection Problems

More information

i put this here so i know its not just me

[edit on 28-4-2007 by bodrul]

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Its not Just You,

i have that "IE Cannot....." at least thrice a day,

i have reply posts eaten up very often,
i have ADs redirecting my PC to their site, even if i glance with my perihepial vision at one of the 100s of AD links on the recent posts page.
But........i take it with a grain of sand.......as the forum ain't gonna change
---its up to me/us to grin & bare it

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   
This is a very common problem with IE users, but there is one very simple solution!

Firefox Download

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by watch_the_rocks
This is a very common problem with IE users, but there is one very simple solution!

Firefox Download

firefox is slow when it comes to loading images and so forth
so i dont use it that much and with ATS it takes longer with the icons and so forth

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I'm using firefox and I STILL have problems with the pages not loading. But I've found that if I open a new window and open it to a random page, then come back and try to refresh ATS it starts working again right away. If I don't it can take 5 minutes or more before ATS starts working again.

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I haven't had any problems recently, and I use only IE. Never understood the point of 3rd party browsers.

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
i have ADs redirecting my PC to their site, even if i glance with my perihepial vision at one of the 100s of AD links on the recent posts page.

That doesn't sound right at all... can you provide more information?

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul

firefox is slow when it comes to loading images and so forth
so i dont use it that much and with ATS it takes longer with the icons and so forth

Actually, I use an extension for Firefox called "FasterFox" which lets you optimize image loading and optimize cache usage. This extension also displays a page loading timer, so that you can clearly see how long the pages take to load.

But Firefox still has the same problem with the occasional non loading pages, or sometimes very slowly loading pages.

Usally when I see it "hanging" while trying to load, I will click the red "X" to stop the page from loading. a few seconds later I will click on refresh and usually the page will load the second time without problems.

But as was stated before, it only seems to happen with this site, I haven't seen it often on others, except for times when my conection itself was having problems.

[edit on 4/29/2007 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Hi bodrul/

I get the same problem here..exactly what you said.
Im using ''Firefox'' and at times I use IE....does not make a difference!
I reply to a thread and then it just stops and redirects me without my reply...all lost!

I havent quite figured out what the problem is....

helen

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Yes, I constantly have to “ X” out of ATS and come back in. Cause it don’t do what it is suppose to do.

For me it all started when the change to ATS came about. I just thought maybe there’s too many ads and it’s overloading it.

Its frustrating but I deal with it.

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by helen670
Hi bodrul/

I get the same problem here..exactly what you said.
Im using ''Firefox'' and at times I use IE....does not make a difference!
I reply to a thread and then it just stops and redirects me without my reply...all lost!

I havent quite figured out what the problem is....

helen

When that happens just hit refresh. It'll pop up a message about containing POSTdata or something to that effect, just hit ok. When the page loads again your reply will be submitted without losing anything.

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 02:37 AM
link   

When that happens just hit refresh. It'll pop up a message about containing POSTdata or something to that effect, just hit ok. When the page loads again your reply will be submitted without losing anything.

Thanks Zaph!

I will try this.
Thank you!

Like Shar said...quote/''Its frustrating but I deal with it.''
thanks again.

[edit on 4/29/2007 by helen670]
EDIT........hmm,Shar,what is up with Bradd Pitt?
I didn't know you two had something going on........''tatoo" By the way, tell him it looks good!

helen

Edit....

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I'm having this problem alot. ATS is very very slow to load in IE7. Sometimes it just hangs.

So far I have taken the following steps;

Reset my router and released/reset my IP address to make sure my connection is ok
Reset my entire firewall and antivirus to make sure that nothing is blocked.
Removed and reinstalled IE7

And still I'm having problems. Sometimes I get ads that don't load, and I wonder if that hangs the who page - right now the main banner ad hasn't loaded.

Sometimes I get the "IE explorer cannot connect to this webpage" in the ad spaces as well.

I thnk this may be an IE7 issue, because my machine at work runs Win 2000 and IE6 everything seems to zip along. Its that or something new in the ad code/graphics load that causes a system stumble - ATS seems to be the only site that is suffering from it as far as I can tell.

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 03:34 AM
link   
helen

I just couldn't help it. He's hot, I might be married but I ain't dead. LOL

I was going to post in your comment section but you dont have one yet.

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 03:57 AM
link   
More on this - I think its the ads.

During my "wait" periods I'm seeing "waiting for...." and the relevant ad codes in the IE info box at the bottome of the page.

I've also noticed that IE is objecting to accepting some of the cookies that the ads are putting out, probably because they will be advertiser tracking cookies that count the number of web page views.

Not sure how to remedy it in my case. Am loathed to change my IE securtity settings.

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shar
helen

I just couldn't help it. He's hot, I might be married but I ain't dead. LOL

I was going to post in your comment section but you dont have one yet.

Hey Shar!
I never thought of post comment in my profile...well, I did it!
thanks.

Sorry for taking your thread over, Bodrul!
helen

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 04:24 AM
link   
You should have two things from me. I u2 you. Plus, I put something in your profile.

Yeah sorry about the thead.

join