It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worshipping Gods creation(s)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaoszero

I was going to post nearly the same thing, as this is also the way that I view things.

On to the question posed in the original post:

Good question. IMO, it all comes down to a person's interpretation of their religious texts and their definition of worship. In my mind, there is a vast distance between admiration or adornment and worship. I feel that a person can appreciate a plant/animal/person/object without actually worshiping it. I feel that as long as a person does not hold a plant/animal/person/object above their religious beliefs, then they are not truly worshiping it. That, of course, is just my interpretation of worship based off of reading the Bible and the Quran *although I am a Jedi, I stay open minded about other beliefs*, and may be completely wrong.

I apologize if my answer comes off as hostile or offensive, I assure you no offense is intended.
[Edited on 4-1-2004 by kaoszero]

I'm not going to get narky again I swear! And I agree with you here as much as I have agreed with some of what LOBO said. About the only thing I'm not in agreement with is the Jedi religion. But this is not my battle right now in this particular thread.

Once again I think the confusion is the definition of worship. We should really seek to change that definition.

Thanks for your response kaoszero.

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by magestica
About the only thing I'm not in agreement with is the Jedi religion. But this is not my battle right now in this particular thread.

Thank you for doing the unexpected and refraining from starting that battle, I truly appreciate it.

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaoszero

Originally posted by magestica
About the only thing I'm not in agreement with is the Jedi religion. But this is not my battle right now in this particular thread.

Thank you for doing the unexpected and refraining from starting that battle, I truly appreciate it.

I'm curious how was that unexpected?

new topics

<< 1   >>

join