It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Believe in the Bible Code?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 12:17 AM
link   
With all the earthquakes, the war on terror, the middle east, sars, aids, sunspots, changes in weather, the Pope making a comment towards a New World Order, and many other things going on in the world today, I can't help but believe that Revalation in the Bible seems to be speaking of our time.

I have read both Bible Code books(Drosnin), Cracking the Bible Code(Satinover), and even for skeptics, it is really intresting reading. I think that if the Bible holds true that there has to be some truth in these codes. I know there has been alot of debate about the Code and its formulas, but what if it is a prediction of things to come. If I remember correctly one code talks about a Nuclear war in 2005, and there is a letter going around about a countdown to a nuclear strike next month. Again if everything holds true the end of the world will begin in 2007,(if I remember correctly) Isreal became a free nation in 1947 and in the bible it talks about after a century of Israels separation, that the end was upon us. A century in the old testament was 60 years so that would be 2007. I will find excerpts from the bible, but I'm ready to pass out,just one of those things on my mind.

Wondering anyones opinion

Heres a link:

www.twelvetribes.com...

www.biblecodedigest.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I saw a program on the History channel(i thinks) that talked about this very subject.. I was really interested untill they got to the part on how they looked for future events

it seems as though you have to input terms to search for. To me its all fishy when you do it this way because this has been done with other books of similar length.

The only way I will believe is when they come up with a template to generate search terms for future events, not past events that already accured.

If you think about it you can "bible code" just about anything you wish out of "blind" terms, but the truth that there is a code can only be proven by finding new future events yet to happen.

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 12:53 AM
link   
The Pentagon must belive!?

english.pravda.ru...

[Edited on 1-2-2004 by Svengali]

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 01:53 AM
link   
im watching it now..

We will see in 2012 i geuss?

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Wasn't there a topic about this one already somewhere in the past?
And no we will not see in 2012, because 2012 is not related to the Biblecode.

If out of A flows B and when C happens A must be true it is now converted into B being true, while it is just a idea which flows out of A.

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   
i have heard that by measuring between marks on the walls of the passages in the great pyramid, if converted to the jewish inch, it tells the timeline for most of the major biblical events. supposedly it predicts jesuses birth, death, his rise from death, the fall of rome, and the holocaust among others. the next mark is halfway through 2004

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   
the only code in the bible is one which will allow u to help find the way, most will never find it tho, they know not what to look for, as mysefl i still have yet to find it, but it is in more than just the bible
it is in all the myths, the time as finally come when one will unite the knowledge and convey it to the world, in the past the hero was missing pieces because he was limited to the knowledge of his own area, now knowledge can easily be conveyed to lots of people all at once. as a result the internet is likely going to go through some changes to restrict the amount of information available to people. more ignorance = more controlable people
find the way, it is hidden in there, no systematic search will find it, it must be a search using the self

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I understand they have found similar predictions in the
novel "Moby Dick" by Herman Melville.
Such as the assassination of JFK, Gandhi, etc.
Does this mean this literary work is divinely inspired too?

[Edited on 4-1-2004 by yogibear]

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   
what scares me the most is that 2012 is not only the end day in the bible but also in a lot of indian tribes......oh yeah and it is the last year of the mayan or aztec(one of the two) calendar........

in my eyes.........somethings gonna go down.

some of it is hard to believe............ but I think there is truth in thease tpes of signs/code

nonetheless this is a very interesting subject

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by omega1
what scares me the most is that 2012 is not only the end day in the bible but also in a lot of indian tribes......oh yeah and it is the last year of the mayan or aztec(one of the two) calendar........

in my eyes.........somethings gonna go down.

some of it is hard to believe............ but I think there is truth in thease tpes of signs/code

nonetheless this is a very interesting subject

Where in the Bible does it mention 2012?

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I have been interested in this subject, but have yet to read either book. I have glanced through number 2, and the author gives himself a way out. He keeps mentioning that these things are avoidable, if we, as a race, change our ways.

So true or not, the author will be able to claim he was right. Since he said we can avoid these future events. In the end, there is no clear answer of these events happening or not.

We will never know the truth. Well, until we pass on and are able to chat with God in person.

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Jungle Jake, I took that information through a religous magazine called the sun............on the front page it said psychic predictions........
in the magazine it talked a lot about 2012.... and I also believe that it was mentioned in the history channel show on the armagedon/bible code stuff

o yea......... and it was mentioned by dmsoldier in this very thread

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 12:21 AM
link   
with all due respect-since divination is forbidden in scripture, I would find it ironic that God would use divination in what is supposed to be a divinely inspired "Word," to proclaim what God is supposed to have to say.

Why would God need a hidden "Bible Code"?

Also, in the book, THE DISINFORMATION NEWSLETTER, I read where they used MOBY DICK, and other literary words, and had the same results.

I am sorry, but we know floods, earthquakes, volcanos, plagues, etc, have existed since man has had a written history. In the past 30 years, I think it is less a case of increased activity, as we simply hear about it more because of information being shared via the internet & other news outlets.

new topics

top topics

join