It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how was it legal for a resident alien to purchase firearms

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   
how was it legal for a resident alien to purchase firearms? in this case i am referring to cho the virginian tech killer. i know the second amendment gives citizens that right but not non citizens. could illiegals go to gun store and purchase firearms? if law allows aliens this right then lets change law before something worse happens. imagine islamic terrorist sneak into coutry across southern border walk into a gun store a purchase
firearms legally then have mass shootings on same day in 200 different cities it would be utter chaos.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   
We are missing one importan point here. With a student visa or green card, these people are officially: temporary "citizens". And therefore have most of the same rights and responsibilities. They have to pay taxes as well. And can get driver's licenses.

Just the way it is.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   
yes, let's keep resident aliens from having guns! it's statistically shown that all deaths by firearms are caused by lawful immigrants, right?

heavy sarcasm there if you didn't catch it.

as a former resident alien (now i have dual citizenship) i find this offensive. resident aliens are just as law abiding as everyone else. this is just like bill o'reilly blaming illegal immigration for a drunk driving death.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
resident aliens are just as law abiding as everyone else.

Well, except for my ex.

It is so easy to get illegal firearms. In the neighborhood I used to live, a guy would come around once in a while and (parking in my driveway) sell guns to the local gang youth.

Black powder weapons don't even require a background check and do not have to be registered.

It's easy to get a gun, legally or otherwise. I don't think the guy's immigration status is really relevant.

new topics

top topics

join