It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there global warming or not???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I found this article on abc news web page,

link:abclocal.go.com...

Seal Hunters Stranded in IceAn Estimated 60,000 Animals Will Be Saved Because of Deep Freeze

Apr. 24, 2007 - A rescue effort is under way to save hundreds of seal hunters whose boats have been stuck in a block of thick ice in the North Atlantic Ocean for more than a week.

How can this be? I don't understand all this global warming stuff. If the polar ice caps are melting, how can this happen?

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
This is the wrong forum but here:

Scientists announced in the July 21, 1999, edition of the journal Nature findings that suggest that global warming can sometimes lead to cold weather or even a worldwide freeze.

www.dinosauria.com...

I'm no expert on this stuff, but even I was taught in high school that there are streams of warm air across the globe, and streams of cold air, and global warming screws up the balance. I think a whole movie was based off of the idea of a global freeze issuing from global warming.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Global warming is a decieving name.

Just take a second to look around.

all the cars

trash

factories....

It doesn't take a scientist to figure it out. We are destroying the planet.

The problem is the consumer life-style, throw-away society and general over consumption.

Nothing will change until there is a revolution of self.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 08:24 AM
link   
this train of thought is religious,

'yes, i've been a naughty boy, indulged in material wealth, i'll drop my pants now and bend down for a well deserved spanking'

train of thought.

yes, we are destroying the planet, by pollution, destruction of natural habitats, destruction of ecological balance, say by extracting too much water, etc.

in case you haven't noticed, since global warming (err, Climate Change
) rules the media, people forget about:

• toxic materials, such as mercury, lead, cadmium, and a few compunds such as perflourates
  • deforestation of vast swaths of developing countries
  • destruction of ocean life, collapse of fish popuations, plastc trash that never decays, bottom trawling and so on
  • sustainable use of soil and crops

just to name a few. in fact, people are keen on forcing biofuels on us, which aren't any better than conventional fuels or more friendly to the environment, yet 'it has to be' because 'we are destroying the environment', while all the pressing issues of yesteryear are suddenly forgotten... split personality anyone?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

guess what, Environemntalism® is same kind of centralized, power-based scam as all large scale business and pretty much the opposite of environmentalism i might add.

PS:
Source

The research adds weight to the views of David Bellamy, the conservationist. "Global warming - at least the modern nightmare version - is a myth," he said. "I am sure of it and so are a growing number of scientists. But what is really worrying is that the world's politicians and policy-makers are not.

"Instead, they have an unshakeable faith in what has, unfortunately, become one of the central credos of the environmental movement: humans burn fossil fuels, which release increased levels of carbon dioxide - the principal so-called greenhouse gas - into the atmosphere, causing the atmosphere to heat up. They say this is global warming: I say this is poppycock."

but, alas, the craze is fading already i wonder what they will come up with, next.

[edit on 27.4.2007 by Long Lance]

new topics

top topics

join