It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tainted pet food given to hog farms in 6 states?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I was hoping to find more information here but didn't find anything posted on this topic. I heard this morning on a local radio station that tainted pet food had been given to or used on hog farms in up to 6 states as feed. I'm thinking twice about eating any pork products after hearing this news.

I haven't found much information yet but here is an article link.

From the following link
www.reuters.com...

FDA officials also said some tainted ingredients imported from China were used to make hog feed that was sent to hog farms in North and South Carolina, New York, Utah, California and possibly Ohio.

Pet foods that do not meet manufacturing standards are often sold for use in U.S. livestock feed.

Has anyone heard any more news on this subject?

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I did read another article that state officials in California are stating that anyone who ate tainted pork products may face only minimal risks if that makes you feel better. It doesn't really make me feel better about the possibility.
link
cbs2.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 01:42 AM
link   
The biological makup of a pigs body is not all that unlike our own. Typically what adversely affects us, will do the same to a pig.

With that being said, if it's bad for you, these pigs will die from it, long before they ever get to the slaughterhouse to be put on your plate.

We've got nothing to worry about, other than a potential shortage of pigs for a brief time, lol.

join