It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When mass killers meet armed resistance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I found this to be quite illuminating, notice how few of the MSM report ALL of the facts when guns are used for defense.

freestudents.blogspot.com...

it seems that the media is reluctant to show fire arms in any positive light

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 03:22 AM
link   
What is positive about guns? They only serve one purpose, kill. Regardless if it is used offensively or defensively.
(Well, maybe to mame
)

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 08:31 AM
link   
well, the positive thing about guns are, it keeps people in line, ya know like nuclear weapons, they keep the peace with the threat of death, everyone complains about guns, but not so much about the nukes, funny how that works but they are the same, just on a macro scale when you think about it

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   
People aren't whining about Nukes because after the previous half-century they deserve a break. NO NUKES, NO NUKES!! (Reminded of the Cold War?)

I agree with jetflock their is absolutely NOTHING positive about guns. But I also agree with digirati. Guns and people who would use them to advance their selfish interests abound all over the earth and as long as they do guns will be needed to stem this as well as enforce peace. (Notice I said enforce peace, not stability, that can not be found with brute force.)

It's a viscious cycle I guess. Those whiny reporters cry rat on any related gun issue until they realize their are those out there who don't give a **** about the freedom of the press and are more than willing to snatch the life right out of them on a whim. Stoking the flames.

Violence begets violence, but pacifism succumbs even quicker in the face of armed aggression from a singularly-purposed aggressor; whether that be a state or an individual.

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Woah, I never even knew this happened. I am going to make sure to bookmark this and post it in all threads related to armed carry on campus laws and any topic related to gun free zones. This was a great story.

And for the record, Everything about firearms is positive. The presence of competing firearms against an attacked is a positive. The absence of them have led to increased mortality in situations where they are not available to confront attackers.

top topics

join