It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'll show you what I do at work! *images*

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 05:54 AM
link   
First of all, the company I work for is a world leader in providing natural gas compression, power generation and process equipment.

It is organized into three segments Service, Engineered Systems, and Production Services. These services are delivered through five divisions, Compression & Power, Mechanical Service, Production & Processing, Production Services, and Electrical Instrumentation and Controls.

Now theres a place for welding pipe and a place for welding compressors, I work on the compressors side. Every job is divied so more then one person does the work. Some people are fitting all day and some are welding all day. Since im an apprentice, most of the time Im fitting.

I thought it would be cool to show you how to make a compressor from scratch, first they have the pipe on rollers and cut it bevel with a torch, so after its cut, it looks like so in the first picture.

Ready for fit-up

"Heads" for compressor

Head ready for tacking

Tacks in place (more then one)

Tacks welded on

Compressor fit-up completed

Ready to be taken away to be welded

By the way I worked on this compressor myself

If any of you got any welding or work related questions Id be happy to answer them!

[edit on 25-4-2007 by misterfantastic]

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Nice! Thanks for sharing. That looks like a hot water heater assembly, basically a pressure vessel also once you take the consumer skirt off the heater....

new topics

join