It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Professor Steven Jones; X-ray spectrometry

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
Ram

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Well - I though it only came in powder form. Like sugar - Cement like material.

So what your saying is that it is actually blocks - Put on the beam.
Wouldn't that require a material that it cannot melt - to hold the Thermate in place?

So to keep the Thermate in the same location?
Some real burn proof material?

- I know we not allowed to post pictures -

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ram

No, this is what the first device I was talking about looks like (we can post images/video):

It shoots a jet of thermite at the column, and the heat combined with the pressure (much less pressure than a high-explosive, thus much quieter) causes the steel to immediately give way.

The second method is to simply apply the thermite as a paste, with sol-gel technology. There are probably additional methods to this that would help in the given situation.

[edit on 26-4-2007 by bsbray11]

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ram
Well - I though it only came in powder form. Like sugar - Cement like material.

Wouldn't that require a material that it cannot melt - to hold the Thermate in place?

So to keep the Thermate in the same location?
Some real burn proof material?

- I know we not allowed to post pictures -

Maybe this will help:

page 7 . note vii :
Interview with representative from Spectre Corporation (the assignee company for the 1999-
2001 patented linear thermite cutting device, US Patent 6183569 (Feb. 6, 2001.) Spectre
Corporation tested the device on various target materials. The cutting time was between .4 (point
four) seconds, and 2 (two) seconds for an I-beam. The number of cutters needed for an I-beam
test were 3 devices (“ganged”).These were then attached to the I-beam with either a simple
“bracket” or a “rare earth magnet.” US Patent Application 20060266204 (application published
Nov. 30, 2006), further states that the linear thermite charge apparatus is to be used for
“demolition of structures, buildings-steel reinforcing (I-beams in concrete); steel bridges, steel
hulls (ships for rescue applications and hostile applications); and general concrete removal.” The
jet of thermite is to cut through a ½ (one half) inch thick steel target “in less than one second.”

page 8 . note viii :
See id. Also, one such linear cutting product was patented in February 2001 (See, US Patent
6183569 (Feb. 6, 2001). The application on said patent was filed in 1999. The device, known as
“Cutting Torch and Associated Methods” incorporates a nozzle onto a mounted thermite linear
cutting device for the “purpose of cutting substantially thick material” using an extended “linear
cut in a piece of material.” Furthermore, another embodiment in US Patent Application
20060266204 reiterates the goals of the 1999-2001 device and states that the “anticipated timing
for material penetration is typically on the order of hundreds of milliseconds.” Note that
according to the Statement of James E. Rogan Under Secretary of Commerce for Intellectual
Property and Director of the United States Patent and Trademark office before the Subcommittee
on Courts, the Internet and Intellectual Property Committee on the Judiciary U.S. House of
Representatives, July 18, 2002,
www.uspto.gov... (visited Dec. 23, 2006),
“…patent pendency rates in the United States now average over two years, and without
significant changes to our method of processing applications, data shows pendency soon will
reach three to four years. The backlog of unexamined patent applications continues to grow as
well.”

As BSBray11 said...

The second method is to simply apply the thermite as a paste, with sol-gel technology. There are probably additional methods to this that would help in the given situation.

I believe this is also called aerogel.

[edit on 26-4-2007 by Pootie]

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Nope.

You can actualy use a water filled hose as the director for a shaped charge with a low explosive like gunpowder. For high explosives something like Aluminium can do the trick.

Goto google and google video, look up "shaped charge" and look for yourself.

The first hit on Google Video is an aluminium format shaped charge.

Ram

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   

one such linear cutting product was patented in February 2001 (See, US Patent
6183569 (Feb. 6, 2001)

that is weird -
good info pootie.

Not that im refusing to see google video - But I had a Computer Virus that wiped out my Flashplayer - So I cannot see Video online anymore.

But the first picture shows two persons - Setting up a thermate/thermite charge in the same - above 45 degree angle as the WTC picture. Or is it 45 degress? not sure.

Thanks for the info.
I didn't know this part.

[edit on 26-4-2007 by Ram]
sry bout my editing - i tend to think faster than I write.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Those guys are probably setting up standard high explosive (HE) linear shaped charges (LSCs)... Not thermate cutter devices, but it is basically the same principal... less boom...

Ram

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Could such charges has started the fires in WTC7?

I mean - Do we know if they first make sure the beams are cut before the detonation of the real explosive bomb's are detonated.

Im thinking of the fires we saw burn inside - through the windows of WTC7.
Could those fires been started from Thermate or Thermite charges?

Is there a period of time where the detonation crew makes sure those beams are cut - before the actual total collapse and explosion happends?

Could that be the explaination of the fires inside WTC7?

(could)

Ram

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Cuz - logically i suspect that under normal demolitions - they have removed the carpets and interior furniture - and papers - Pictures on walls - plants - Monitors - Chairs and tables.

Like - normally a building would be emty before an demolition takes place.
So - Normally - Things don't burn - Because there is no things inside the building - that can burn.

You get the idea?

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ram
Cuz - logically i suspect that under normal demolitions - they have removed the carpets and interior furniture - and papers - Pictures on walls - plants - Monitors - Chairs and tables.

It is standard operating procedure to remove just about, if not, EVERYTHING from a building prior to CD. This reduces the chance of fire, shrapnel and damage to surrounding buildings.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Remember, just weeks before 9/11 there were a series of "power downs" for "maintenence" where the security cams were turned off and the drug/bomb dogs not around. Witnesses said they saw guys with bags of tools entering the powered-down WTC. . .

It would lead me to belive that in the weeks prior to the "attack" the building was wired...The plane hitting was just a "cover story"

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   
So that it? Two lousy attempts to debunk the information presented? One that's terribly inaccurate, and the other an attack on the good Professor Himself, rather than the information presented? That's the best they have?

Man, I gotta say, I'm a bit disappointed. I was hoping for more than a half hearted attempt to debunk, but I guess similar to the threads about the rate of acceleration of the fall of building 7, those who so vehemently oppose the conspiracy theories just like to avoid those topics they don't have answers to.

Just make sure they don't forget these two key issues. They'll try to deflect, or turn it into a debate over the person presenting the information rather than what's being said, but eventually the truth will overcome.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Can anyone tell me what his samples were? I don't have time to watch all of it and the quality lacks. In Part seven it discusses dust and I was curious where and more importantly when the samples were taken. Thank you.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ram
Many times I have been thinking of the planes actually had tons of Thermate - Thermite - loaded onboard the passenger cabin. Where the passengers was suppose to be.
Fill a plane with Thermate and the story unfolds. That would be the most logical thing to do. If the Government actually did it.

IMO, that is even not enough to be sure to bring the towers down. You could be right with the addition of other things. The thermate would be as uneven as the jet fuel. You are concluding something that we have been trying to disprove all along. That assymetrical fires and damage don't fail a building symmetrically. The same would apply to thermate if it was just randomly spewed about. Also, think about the amount that would need to be spewed about to fail a building. Nice thinking though. It shows at least you have an open mind.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 11:25 PM
link   
How about thermite mixed in with the cement floors?

Thermite melts and destroys all the trusses leading to a pancaking effect.

[edit on 27-4-2007 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pootie

These were then attached to the I-beam with either a simple
“bracket” or a “rare earth magnet.” US Patent Application 20060266204

Hmm...attached to the I-beam with rare magnets. Who's going to notice a magnet that looks just like rubble?

apparatus is to be used for
“demolition of structures, buildings-steel reinforcing (I-beams in concrete); steel bridges,

Notice the dates in this quote. 1999-2001.

goals of the 1999-2001 device

I'd have to say case closed but I know people are going to come in and say "it's never been done before....just because they have a patent....blah, blah, blah, ad nauseum, ad nauseum.

[edit on 4/28/2007 by Griff]

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ram
above 45 degree angle as the WTC picture. Or is it 45 degress? not sure.

Looks like a 30 - 60 to me. 30 being the top angle and 60 being the bottom angle. So, what you're asking, it would be 60. Just my opinion on a visual.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust
How about thermite mixed in with the cement floors?

Thermite melts and destroys all the trusses leading to a pancaking effect.

It wouldn't be rapid enough to accurately control where the buildings went, it wouldn't eject debris laterally, and we would most definitely see glowing coming from within the building. Even nano-tech thermites are very bright when they go off, even though they're faster.

If I were going to build anything in, it would be a typical high explosive. The concrete would help preserve it, and if it were set off right, you wouldn't hear anything but a massive, sustained roar. Videos wouldn't be able to capture how loud it was, because it just becomes distorted at a certain level, and you'd have to do a close study of the audio to be able to pick up where major peaks were if they went off in rapid enough sequence.

When you're talking about 110 floors collapsing in, say, 17 seconds, you're talking about ~6.5 floors a second. Listen to a 6.5 Hz sine wave and you'll have an idea of the rapidity of the collapse.

Further divide up the detonations into additional sequences per floor and you blur the explosions together that much finer.

Ram

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Griff
You are concluding something that we have been trying to disprove all along. That assymetrical fires and damage don't fail a building symmetrically.

Yes but how the hell did that Thermite pour out the window - in that video where the Thermite pour out the window?

And about the thermate charges - In the progress of a CD - are the Thermate charges going off - egnited - Before or after, or at the same time, as the bombs explosives that say bang exsplode/ pulverize things.

I asked that question 3 days ago. Noone had the awnser................................................Apparently.

I hate when I cannot exspress the words in English - cuz im not English.

And im not a god damn Debunker just to make that idea go away.

[edit on 29-4-2007 by Ram]
Guess i have to make a drawing before anyone understand the question.

The question is about thermite or thermate -
sigh* never mind.

[edit on 29-4-2007 by Ram]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join