It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Rage" Virus

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I really wish that people would learn how to spell and also learn proper word usage. Who wants to believe the opinions and theories of a person who doesn't even know the difference between "threw" and "through?"

At this rate, I'm not worried about a virus taking over mankind. I'm more worried that we'll do ourselves in by becoming so dumb that we leave ourselves vulnerable to bad decisions and irrational thinking.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
yeah this might be true but theres only one thing that can cause is the very own human.Also now that its only the powerful countrys get hit like america,russia,and
china.No one realy knows and what if area 51 is the cause.Also you should see i am legend thats thats the truth and its like the video game resident evil.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

There are a few learning issues you need to be aware of. I am NOT going to say your wrong but I would like you to become more educated in the subject matter before disclosing such information to the public. And I do take it personally as I research in this field and would like you to be a bit more "educated" in your post.

Please do further research on:

how the field of medicine using a weakened viral particle to induce antibody formation by the white blood cells. Does this require genetic engineering? Or does it require killing off certain infectious components of the viral particle so it gives our immune system time to synthesize antibodies.

Another topic is the incubation time of the ebola virion. Is it really just moments? Or have i mistaken your definition of "moments" which is widely assumed as a matter of seconds / minutes at the most.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
rage virus on humans is indeed possible. based on my research, it appears that human rabies patients need to be tied onto the bed. why do they need to be tied onto the bed??? we dont know. the rabies virus slowly paralyzes the throat of the victim, making it difficult to swallow, therefore increase in hunger and thirst.
the virus also damages the brain, leading to aggression. We are talking Major aggession.

so think about it. damage to the brain, very hungry and thirsty, aggressive.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by bsl4doc

-Spreads is 20 seconds
-Increases Speed and Strength Dramatically
- Infection can be spread from a single drop of blood
- Grants the victim ability to sense a non infected nearby
-Pain doesnt seem to be an issue

Honestly, and this comes from someone who has a degree in molecular genetics and virology and who has hundreds of hours of research in genetics logged, the amount of genetic material necessary to create such changes in an organism would be so insanely large, it would not be able to fit in a virus or bacterium.

This would involve inducing a virus to become airborne, making it neurotropic (attracted to neural cells), able to disable neural tissue, caused an up-regulation of dystrophin protein (responsible for most of musculature), some sort of extra perception to sense infected individuals (not even sure how this would work, maybe some sort of phereomone?), and the necessary viral envelope/protecton to be airborne.

Like I said, this is impossible and will never happen, as the genetic changes are just to large. You're more likely to cause a cancer than to successfully alter a person in such a way.

Good movie though, definitely! Can't wait for the sequel =).

But I bet an already established disease could mutate into something similar. What if Rabies mutated, like in the movie Quarantine? Anything is possible. We don't make the rules.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Apokolypse

um dude...i have my sorces...rage virus is real..u dnt hear about it b cause it wuld b all over the news..it comes from africa...........my friend has a job to kill ones with the rage virus

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by shawtycross
reply to post by Apokolypse

um dude...i have my sorces...rage virus is real..u dnt hear about it b cause it wuld b all over the news..it comes from africa...........my friend has a job to kill ones with the rage virus

The person in Resident Evil was a video game character, not your friend.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I'm a Ph.d in virology & microbiology and have had my degree's in hand for 15 years now, and "NO" there wouldn't even be a reason to try and create something like that, even if it were possible, which it isn't.

I find it funny how some people with degree's think that virus manipulation (LET ALONE CREATION) is impossible or something.

> BECAUSE >IT'S MORE THAN POSSIBLE ON MANY LEVELS.<

I've said this before...not even Harvard offers courses on how to create VIROLOGICAL weapons.
Some people think that just because they can't do it, that must mean that nobody else can either.
Then there are those who think that goverment scientist's are no better or smarter than anyone else, hence, nobody would have been able to create the H.I.V. virus, for example.
"THE TECHNOLOGY SIMPLY DIDN'T EXIST BACK THEN !"
That line is my personal favorite. lol

There are over 35 levels of "TOP SECRET & ABOVE" within the United States goverment. If anyone thinks that the U.S. is not in the buisness of "BIO-WEAPONS," I suggest that they think again.
Like the United States goverment is simply just going to come right out and admit that they are capable of creating the freak'in "ANDROMEDA STRAIN" or something. "HONESTLY"

The innocent U.S. goverment equivalent to Russia's "BIOPREPARAT" which is also known as "VECTOR" are called "POINT LABS," and you are not EVER going find it anywhere on the internet.
These labs are not located in Maryland at Fort Detrick anymore like many people may guess, they are quite abit further west.
H1N1 was created at a lab in Austria.
The chances of that influena strain coming together as it did is about 100 million to 1, the all clear on the H1N1 pandemic was just given recently, which is good, because there never really was one in the first place.

www.newscientist.com...
www.rense.com...
cryptome.quintessenz.at...
cryptome.org...
www.armscontrol.org...

[edit on 16-8-2010 by alpha68]

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Interesting read. When I first saw this film 28 Days, the coma period reminded me of the Milwaukee method used to treat rabies in humans. The victim is put into a medical coma, and the hope is their body will fight off the disease. It rarely works, something like an 8 percent success rate. But for those 8 out of 100, it's a good deal. Imagine a virus that uses the same method, but to spread infection more thoroughly during the coma period!

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by alpha68

I agree wth you 100%. I worked for the Department of Defense for 13 years and saw many strange things. I think the government is engineering these viruses and to use as weapons or to reduce to population if they feel they need to someday.
My opinion though it will be something like a H1N1 Ebola cross, just imagine Ebola that spreads like the flu. airborne.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
The 28 days later rage outbreak would be insanely scary. That movie gave me many nightmares and I can't imagine what would happen when everyone would get super rabies and started attacking and eating one another.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by frozenspark

Quarantine the movie was real creepy too, it was the rabies virus in that movie, spread via the animals to humans turned them into zombies. Let your good ole dog or cat outside and it gets a bite from something and comes back in the house. scary.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join