It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kucinich announces impeachment charges against Vice President Cheney!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Kucinich announces impeachment charges against Vice President Cheney!

www.informationclearinghouse.info

..Because I believe the vice president's conduct of office has been destructive to the founding purposes of our nation. Today, I have introduced House Resolution 333, Articles of Impeachment Relating to Vice President Richard B. Cheney. I do so in defense of the rights of the American people to have a government that is honest and peaceful.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
blog.washingtonpost.com

www.washingtonpost.com...

[edit on 24-4-2007 by incunabula]

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Seems like the heat is turning up on "The Cabal", this should be extremely interesting, hmmm..wonder if our 'reliable' news networks will be forced to carry this story as it hopefully takes off..or will this be suppressed? anyways it's all real and hopefully that will make some of you extremely happy.

Unfortunately they've only created a ripple from that stone's throw at the water, hopefully it will turn into a tidal wave?

www.informationclearinghouse.info
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by incunabula
hmmm..wonder if our 'reliable' news networks will be forced to carry this story as it hopefully takes off..or will this be suppressed?

Nope CNN had an interview with him tonight about this and also have an article on their website.

cnn.com

You got to hand it to Kucinich, for a small guy, he's got big ones. I say kudos to him, even though it may not go anywhere. I don't think there will be enough support in Congress unless there is a huge public outcry for it, which is unlikely.

I know there will be many who think it is a political campaign stunt, but I say so what. He is right that there are many citizens calling for impeachment, and up till now they were complaining the democrats aren't doing enough to pursue this.

I think from now on he will be known as Dennis the Menace.

mod edit, format link

[edit on 25-4-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Ok then, i thought this was major news, but i guess no one cares about the US government coming face to face with a major political crisis.

Of course CNN is only reporting that the VP is in the hospital, wonder if thats a deflective story? maybe he accidentally shot himself

just playin, anyways ok the story is out there. this is gonna be candy!

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hal9000

You got to hand it to Kucinich, for a small guy, he's got big ones. I say kudos to him, even though it may not go anywhere. I don't think there will be enough support in Congress unless there is a huge public outcry for it, which is unlikely.

I know there will be many who think it is a political campaign stunt, but I say so what. He is right that there are many citizens calling for impeachment, and up till now they were complaining the democrats aren't doing enough to pursue this.

I think from now on he will be known as Dennis the Menace.

oops, thanks there HAL9000, must of missed that but thanks.

it was news to me that they carried the story, i imagined tuning in to CNN to see it as breaking news or something huge like that, but maybe there's still time?

[edit on 24-4-2007 by incunabula]

[edit on 25-4-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I'd be a bad CM if I didn't point out a few things. Mr. K. is clearly ulling a stunt designed to breath new life in to his failing Presidential bid. Bear in mined that this bill of his won't see a vote until AFTER summer recess, if at all. Then, remember that the soonest these charges can be acted on will be this winter, which means that hearings wouldn't start until next Spring. There will not be enough time to get a Federal grand jury in place before the bush team leaves office.

You've seen my stuff. Nobody is more outraged than I am when it comes to the state of government today. The covert effort that is being waged against us to gain greater power is just "wrong." Having said that, I feel the need to provide a reality check here because there is still enough Republican opposition on Capitol Hill to make sure that this impeachment maneuver doesn't amount to anything more than a splashy media event.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   
When it comes time for the Democratic primaries, I will remember that it was Kucinich, not Clinton or Obama, who pushed hard for this. If for no other reason, he gets my vote from sheer gratitude. I'm not sure that he can get 66% of the Senate to convict, but I appreciate that at least someone is calling out the fatter rats for a change. And make no mistake about it, it needs to be done, regardless of what comes of it.

[ed: Also, it doesn't even bother me that it's most likely a stunt. It's the first stunt in 6 years that hasn't made me want to slit my wrists and sit in a warm tub.]

/tn.

[edit on 24-4-2007 by teleonaut]

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justin Oldham
I'd be a bad CM if I didn't point out a few things. Mr. K. is clearly ulling a stunt designed to breath new life in to his failing Presidential bid. Bear in mined that this bill of his won't see a vote until AFTER summer recess, if at all. Then, remember that the soonest these charges can be acted on will be this winter, which means that hearings wouldn't start until next Spring. There will not be enough time to get a Federal grand jury in place before the bush team leaves office.

You've seen my stuff. Nobody is more outraged than I am when it comes to the state of government today. The covert effort that is being waged against us to gain greater power is just "wrong." Having said that, I feel the need to provide a reality check here because there is still enough Republican opposition on Capitol Hill to make sure that this impeachment maneuver doesn't amount to anything more than a splashy media event.

Since im not that familiar with the timeline required for that to happen, thank you Justin
for letting me know that, and now that i know that..
Damn!
i can' t believe it might not happen sooner, but i at least hope that it does make at least a media "splash" even if it's just to open some eyes wide shut.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by incunabula
Since im not that familiar with the timeline required for that to happen, thank you Justin
for letting me know that, and now that i know that..
Damn!
i can' t believe it might not happen sooner, but i at least hope that it does make at least a media "splash" even if it's just to open some eyes wide shut.

There are other factors that will make it extremely hard as well. First, the House must vote to impeach. If the vote doesn't make it through the House, the Senate never gets to have a trial. Trial in the Senate requires 2/3 vote to convict. Impeaching a president or vice president is statistically difficult to do. Even that is an oversimplified version of the process, since technically the House Judiciary Committee would have to deliberate over whether they should even begin an impeachment process before the House can debate it and vote on it.

Cornell Law page on the impeachment process here.

Read about it on Kucinich's own site here.

/tn.

[ed: Replaced "impeach" with "convict" for clarity in third sentence of first paragraph.]

[edit on 24-4-2007 by teleonaut]

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Personally I think it is a bit late for impeachment at this stage of the game. Consider this, the call to impeach Bush has circulated around the halls of the legislative branch, yet no one, not one Democrate or Republican, senator or representative, no matter how much they agreed with this would take the steps to do such. I think that this is just a case of political smoke screening to first discredit the Vice President to not let him get elected to the office of President and try to boost those who want to get elected. This final year of the VP and president being in office, what would be the point of starting this process, apart from wasting time.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   
This is an interesting move and I look forward to the developments, although I don't believe congress will act on it. The Democrats have stated that Impeachment is off the table as they work to move their agenda forward.

Cheney is Evil incarnate in my opinion and it is good to know that his tenure will have this stain permanently in the history books.

You can read about the details of the plan here: Kucinich Impeachement Papers

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   
just to throw this out there... house resolution 333, half of 666. i guess cheney is only half the evil!

i'm glad this has been proposed but what will it do? bush is still c&c and calls the shots even if cheney is out of office. he'll still play puppeteer to bush with even more incentive. its not like his policy is causing bush to do what hes doing, its the behind the scenes talks as friends. will he be able to make serious money off the war now that he doesn't have a conflict of interest? its possible out of office cheney may be more reckless (and richer) than the original...
even if convicted of actual criminal charges, im sure bush would pardon him.

[edit on 4/24/2007 by bokinsmowl]

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   
There is a Democratic Presidential Debate this Thursday at 7pm Eastern on MSNBC. Let's see if our boy Kucinich brings it up over there. One thing you can be sure about Dennis is that he is afraid of no one.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   
As all good conspirators know, information is power. Cynicism stems from a lack of hope and a lack of empowering information. You can launch your own person conspiracy to spread empowering information by writing start, and posting patiently. The last thing "they" want you do to is use your voice. Why? You can be silenced, but there isn't enough money or muscle on the planet to silence an idea.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by teleonaut

There are other factors that will make it extremely hard as well. First, the House must vote to impeach. If the vote doesn't make it through the House, the Senate never gets to have a trial. Trial in the Senate requires 2/3 vote to convict. Impeaching a president or vice president is statistically difficult to do...

I have to agree with you, that would also require to know ,who's on what side and i don't follow politics that closely, but thank you for the info

too bad though...

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Can't he be put on trial for treason simultaneously?

Cheney is simply loathesome. The word was created for him and him alone.

"I loathe Dick Cheney." It has such a nice ring to it.

The impeachment resolution will go nowhere, but great for DK for doing it.

And wonderful he went after the real power, not the cheerleader.

DCP

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Kucinich wants to be president. if he is impeaching cheney for his political advantages it could come back and bite him on his...The republicans will have a sitting vice president running for president. Wouldn't it be ironic if the new VP becomes President...i say new VP condi rice

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Anyway, it's just smoke and mirrors like always. Why? Because he drafted a legislation that will completely ban the purchase, sale, transfer, or possession of handguns by civilians. Here it is

So on one side you have kucinich trying to impeach Cheney, which is a complete joke just like Justin Oldham pointed it out, but is drafting real legislation against guns that could be passed and which is against the constitution.

He could have been a great candidate... well not anymore. Go RON PAUL.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 12:41 AM
link   
From the Kucinich web site, "Kucinich is currently drafting legislation that would ban the purchase, sale, transfer, or possession of handguns by civilians. A gun buy-back provision will be included in the bill."

Bear in mind that this bill will play off the support for H.R. 1022 which you may also find to be rather disturbing. Anyone who thinks that there is NOT a plan in placeto take your guns is being silly.

One last thing before you reach for that keyboard. Remember that regulation is not the same thing as an outright ban.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   

I'd be a bad CM if I didn't point out a few things. Mr. K. is clearly ulling a stunt designed to breath new life in to his failing Presidential bid.

Okay, so what if it is a political stunt? It is a badly needed political stunt that I'm surprised no one has taken advantage of yet.

Having said that, I feel the need to provide a reality check here because there is still enough Republican opposition on Capitol Hill to make sure that this impeachment maneuver doesn't amount to anything more than a splashy media event.

Even if it fails, maybe even especially if it fails I believe it will mobilize a lot of anti Republicans and may even wake up a some people as to what's going on.

Kucinich is the kind of enlightened leader that this nation needs, but probably is too afraid of to embrace right now. He is the polar opposite of the current administration. If the current administration has done nothing else for us, hopefully they have encouraged an inspiration for people to go for something different than what we have now.

[edit on 25-4-2007 by c3hamby]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join