It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

expedition to the inner earth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   
at first, this souded like a legitimate exploration. i guess it still could be, but this makes it seem more than a little cheesy .

The coastline of the inner continent could then be followed looking for the River Hiddekel and sail up the river to the City of Jehu to meet the inner earth inhabitants, just as Olaf Jansen and his father did in 1829.

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   
This part makes it sound a bit cheesier yet

Voyage to
Our Hollow Earth
June 26 - July 19, 2005
$18,950 to $20,950
Deposit Required

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   
didnt even see that. pretty funny though

tz

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Haha that's great. I'm surprised they got funding for that.

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Where can I sign up.. I hear the mole people make great NVG's

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   
hehehe. did you guys check the itinerary? `

On these days 'Days 15-16 Take a monorail trip to City of Eden to visit Palace of the King of the Inner World'

lol. sounds like quite the adventure.

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Sounds like my gr7 science project - we had to make a travel guide to the layers of the earth

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   
We have the Time Life series of the paranormal, and one of those books is called "Mysterious Places". It's kinda funny how this theory popped up.

In 1672, a dude named Edmond Halley was studying magnetism, and noticed that in some places North on a compass wasn't true north, it would be skewed. To explain this, he proposed there was another magnetic field, created by an earth inside the earth. We know now that the reason for his strange compass readings was caused by both the presence of iron or magnetite in the crust, and the fact that the pole shifts a little bit all the time.

However, he was a respected scientist, and this gave way to MANY people theorizing on this. The theory started that there would be a hole at the north pole about 6000 miles across, and one at the south pole slightly larger, at 7000. After this was proved to be false, people wanted to hold to what they said as being correct, rather then accepting that they had been proven wrong. This happens all the time with scientists, they tend to be a prideful lot in some cases. So then they started coming up with other theories to explain this.

I haven't gotten to the present in reading this part of the book, I'm still at the point where Reynolds set up an expedition which discovered Antartica while he was looking for his hole (hehe). I'm curious to find out how people today can believe this...

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Dont tell stupid or he will want to go rid it of evil-doers.

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ashley

Dont tell stupid or he will want to go rid it of evil-doers.

er...huh?

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
We have the Time Life series of the paranormal, and one of those books is called "Mysterious Places". It's kinda funny how this theory popped up.

I haven't gotten to the present in reading this part of the book, I'm still at the point where Reynolds set up an expedition which discovered Antartica while he was looking for his hole (hehe). I'm curious to find out how people today can believe this...

That sounds like an interesting book. Maybe I'll check it out. Thanks for the info.

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Wrap it up, I'll take it.:lol
isneyland can wait another year.

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 07:55 PM
link   
GUARANTEES: By joining Our Hollow Earth Expedition, expedition members agree that there are NO GUARANTEES that this expedition will reach Inner earth. The expedition will make a good faith effort to locate the North Polar Opening and enter therein, but worst case scenario is that we visit the geographic North Pole, explore the region, and continue on to the New Siberian Islands. At all times the expedition will also be at the mercy of the weather, ice and sea conditions

Looks like they will be visiting the geographic North Pole then

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   

top topics

join