It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RARGH! Solicitors

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 06:58 AM
link   
When I was younger I was left some money from my grandmother in her will, which was put in trust until I was old enough to use it wisely. That time has come, and I rang them on the 8th December to ask them to encash it so I could start putting it to use...

It's now the 24th of April, and I still have yet to receive it! They've finally got the cheque but need me to confirm my address, yet when I rang them back 5 minutes later they where 'out'! I'm really cross at them! I've waited 5 months, every time I've had to ring them! At one point I rang them and they had no idea what I was talking about, and had completely forgotten about the forms! I've barely spoken to the woman dealing with my trust, just her very rude secretary who when I asked how long it would be (this is after 2 months) that it would be "in their own time"! It's just ridiculous, and you can bet your bottom dollar they've paid themselves a hefty amount for their poor customer service!

B******s

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 08:44 AM
link   
When I saw your header, I thought you meant the kind of solicitor that goes knocking on your door asking for money. I've lived in the UK so after I opened your post I got it. Lawyer. Check.

Sorry to hear you're having such a hard time with them. They're probably enjoying the interest off the money they've got invested somewhere and don't want to give that up.

Have you documented each time you've contacted them? I would try not calling them, but writing them a letter next time and send it certified so that you have proof you sent it. Send yourself a copy certified as well. I don't know what your legal recourse is in the UK for something like this; here, I'd threaten to report them to the BAR association for something like this. Perhaps you could get a consultation with yet another solicitor (I know, counterintuitive) and find out what your options are.

That's YOUR money and they don't have a right to keep it. But from my experience with this sort of thing, i.e., the legal system, your best bet is to lay a paper trail to cover your behind.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I have been ringing them! I've had no paper contact what so ever, it really is annoying! I cetainly won't be using that company again, although I guess their all in the same greed boat lol

join