It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fossils of humans...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I read somewhere that there are fossils of human hand prints, and skulls etc. from wayyy before humans "Existed". I've looked around had a hard time finding any info on this, is this real and what are the theories of how humans existed before they actually "existed" if it is?

Thankyou.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Lost Civilisations of the Stone Age by Richard Rudgely ISBN 0-09-922372-4
Ancient Traces by Michael Baigent ISBN 0-14-026448-5
Forbidden Archeology by Michael A. Cremo and Richard L. Thompson ISBN 0-89213-294-9

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Here is some info for ya!

Fossils, as we learned in grade school, appear in rocks that were formed many thousands of years ago. Yet there are a number of fossils that just don't make geological or historical sense. A fossil of a human handprint, for example, was found in limestone estimated to be 110 million years old. What appears to be a fossilized human finger found in the Canadian Arctic also dates back 100 to 110 million years ago. And what appears to be the fossil of a human footprint, possibly wearing a sandal, was found near Delta, Utah in a shale deposit estimated to be 300 million to 600 million years old.

[edit on 24-4-2007 by JackCash]

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Ica stones, a spark plug, a golden bird, and a fake handprint cut out of a block of plaster.

You'll note something about these mysterious human fossils... The only people who ever find them are either amateur fossil hunters who staunchly believe in biblical creationism, or they're people from 1820 or something. The finds are almost always hidden away from "nonbelievers", their source is never divulged, and there is never context.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Fox beat me to the punch.

We probably need to explain what a fossil is and what a relic is. A relic is something that is found and is still the same substance as when it was created. Stone arrowheads are relics.

Fossils are things encased in rock -- things that have changed completely from being organic materials to being rock. This rock actually has a different texture and color than the rock surrounding the fossil.

* The handprint is a carving (go put your hand in mud and push it in till it comes up to your wristbone..then pull your hand out. You don't get a nice "handprint" like that one. You get a mess.)

*Dropa stones - Von Danniken hoax:

* Ica stones - also a hoax by villagers who were delighted to be paid huge sums for their artwork. Easily seen to be a hoax, as the 'dinosaurs' match the shapes and forms of cartoon dinos of that time period and not the actual shapes of the real dinos: paranormal.about.com...

* Ankythera mechanism -- that one's true, but the date is off. It's 200 AD:

* Baghdad battery -- true... see Mythbusters. It sorta works.

* Coso artifact - 1920's spark plug in a concretion.

* Aricraft - selective choice of one artifact from a group of thousands. I've seen many of these in the museums of Costa Rica, and they're very clearly stylized insects and birds. No planes. They just picked the one (and the right angle) that looked most like a plane. Same with the Egyptian tomb "plane"... photographed from just one angle, it's a plane. Seen live and up front, it's a wooden bird.

* stone balls - they're real, and kinda neat. I've seen them. The people of the area certainly had the technology in stonework to create them.

So... lots of research there, but the writer of the piece was accepting info on another site and didn't do their own research.

top topics

join