posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 12:29 AM
Fox beat me to the punch.
We probably need to explain what a fossil is and what a relic is. A relic is something that is found and is still the same substance as when it was
created. Stone arrowheads are relics.
Fossils are things encased in rock -- things that have changed completely from being organic materials to being rock. This rock actually has a
different texture and color than the rock surrounding the fossil.
* The handprint is a carving (go put your hand in mud and push it in till it comes up to your wristbone..then pull your hand out. You don't get a
nice "handprint" like that one. You get a mess.)
*Dropa stones - Von Danniken hoax:
* Ica stones - also a hoax by villagers who were delighted to be paid huge sums for their artwork. Easily seen to be a hoax, as the 'dinosaurs'
match the shapes and forms of cartoon dinos of that time period and not the actual shapes of the real dinos:
* Ankythera mechanism -- that one's true, but the date is off. It's 200 AD:
* Baghdad battery -- true... see Mythbusters. It sorta works.
* Coso artifact - 1920's spark plug in a concretion.
* Aricraft - selective choice of one artifact from a group of thousands. I've seen many of these in the museums of Costa Rica, and they're very
clearly stylized insects and birds. No planes. They just picked the one (and the right angle) that looked most like a plane. Same with the Egyptian
tomb "plane"... photographed from just one angle, it's a plane. Seen live and up front, it's a wooden bird.
* stone balls - they're real, and kinda neat. I've seen them. The people of the area certainly had the technology in stonework to create them.
So... lots of research there, but the writer of the piece was accepting info on another site and didn't do their own research.