It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I see and hear alot of information and conspiracy theories about the US government, and to a lesser extent the UK government, but hardly anything about Canada.

Are there any known (or rather, suspected) conspiracies about the Canadian government? For the most part, Canada and the US are on good terms but also differ substantially on many fronts. Politically, we Canadians are more to the left, and have some different laws than our neighbors to the south on certain liberties and freedoms. I figure they wouldn't disagree on so much if they were in cahoots with each other, but then again, who knows.

So what's out there? I'm curious to know, as a Canadian.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   
have you heard about the North American Union? If someone in Canada isnt involved then the "North American Security and Prosperity Act" would not have been signed. Especially not like it was with no public knowledge of it happening.

How about the staged terrorist attack where they claimed an arab wanted to behead Harper? IMHO i would have to say that was an attempt at scaring the Canadian population into new legislation just like the US has been doing.

What about the proclaimed support for Isreal when they slaughtered the Lebanese people in an unprovoked attack on civilians. They attacked hospitals, political establishments, power stations, major roadways and the airport. Effectivly knocking them back 100 years.
Harper came out and stated that he supports the actions of Isreal. This is a Zionist statement if I ever heard one.

Canada is certainly not the center point, but our nation is so respected world wide that we would have to be included.
The Illuminati stretches deep. They arent going to leave an influential power out of the mix.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I've not heard anything as specific or sinister as the conspiracy theories down in the states up here in Canadianistan, but I'm sure there's involvement in the overall scheme of things.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Read up on our former Minister Of Defense, Paul Hellyer.

en.wikipedia.org...

Throughout his life, Hellyer has been opposed to the weaponization of space. He supports the Space Preservation Treaty to ban space weapons.

In early September 2005, Hellyer made headlines by publicly announcing that he believed in UFOs. On 25 September 2005, he was an invited speaker at an exopolitics conference in Toronto, where he told the audience that he had seen a UFO one night with his late wife and some friends. He said that though he discounted the experience at the time, he had kept an open mind to it. He said that he started taking the issue much more seriously after watching ABC's Peter Jennings' UFO special in February 2005.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Canada, well.. always something going on in the Fed Gov we're not told about. The Prime Minister, presently holding onto office by his thumb nails in a minority gov, doesn't want to rock the boat against potential voters so nothing really shocking gets out. Canada being a bilingual Country, I do believe the PM speaks more French than English in Press Conferences as he's after the PQ Vote.

Dull Stuff for now.

Dallas

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Okay I was hoping for a little more activity in this thread but I guess we Canadians aren't that exciting.

I came across something however that may be of interest.

www.mrcc.uqam.ca...

This building is located along the 40 highway in Montreal, Quebec. As you can see there is alot of satellites and stuff on it, and if you see it in person it looks like there are even more. Officially, this is the Environment Canada building and they do all weather predictions and that sort of thing from here. From what I know, this building also contains one of the most power computers in the world, and an entire floor (I believe it is the top floor) is devoted to cooling the technology in the building.

Does anyone with experience in weather prediction know if all the technology is actually needed? Could there be more than just weather studies going on there? Who knows!

I really have no clue, I'm just trying to make something interesting...

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
A Real Canadian Conspiracy

Why has no Canadian team won the Stanley Cup since Montreal in the early 90's? While providing up to 3/4 of the players on American teams that win?

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
cuz canadian teams suck. specially the leafs...

i still rout for any team that makes it.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I honestly feel that it isn't a lack of shenanegans in Canada, but more of a decided lack of interest in them.

I've recently begun starting threads which focus on Canadian skullduggery but they rarely get many responses. All you need do is click on my username to see the list of threads I started over the past few days.

I'm not complaining... don't get me wrong... the responses I do get are great, but there just doesn't seem to be a whole lot of interest. I'll keep it up, though. I go through a dozen E-newspapers every morning looking for 'tin' material.

Pressure those naughty Canucks.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedangler
cuz canadian teams suck. specially the leafs...

i still rout for any team that makes it.

Well according to the Official NHL website

12 teams sucked more than the Leafs and 5 others from the lowest Canadian team.

I'm hearing you masqua, we seem to to care little about the stuff that is going on here. Sad really.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Well there is this
www.eyeweekly.com...
And this
www.sfu.ca...
Can’t forget this one
www.cbc.ca...
Oh and here an oldie but a goody
www.cbc.ca...

It’s not that we don’t have conspiracies in Canada, we just handle them in the most boring way possible. We gather a room full of octogenarians in one place and they discuss in a monotone fashion until the country as a whole is making up lies why they can’t stay and listen any longer. A queens inquiry is the anti-entertainment.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Could it be that we're so damn used to the gov't screwing us that we don't see this as conspiracies? Just life? A few years back I recall McGuinty(I think) was considering camera survailance for street intersections. The media asked if this was a money grab. He said "yes". You know you're in trouble if the gov't doesn't see the need to lie to you anymore.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   
As a Canadian, I feel the biggest conspiracy is our fresh water. The Canadian government is sneaking around giving away our water. No not to the United States but to Asia! Fresh water will be a very guarded resource in the future, with drought and population growth threatening world supply.

www.kare11.com...

www.cbc.ca...

Nova Group seems to be a principle player. They are a international company.

[edit on 9/5/07 by Rhain]

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 05:34 PM
link   
The Federal Sponsorship Scandal

www.cbc.ca...

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer
The Federal Sponsorship Scandal

www.cbc.ca...

Are you talking about the scandal itself as a conspiracy, or the fact that it was a full steam media effort to call an election against the newly elected liberals in order to install Bush's man as prime minister Stephen Harper.

Since Harper was elected, we folded the lumber dispute heavily in US favor, we 10 folded our presence in iraq, not to mention buying 100 tanks, we are. We never had any terrorist threats on our front page until Harper, not to mention he is known to admire the american neoconservatives.

LINK
First, facts about Canada. Canada is a Northern European welfare state in the worst sense of the term, and very proud of it. Canadians make no connection between the fact that they are a Northern European welfare state and the fact that we have very low economic growth, a standard of living substantially lower than yours, a massive brain drain of young professionals to your country, and double the unemployment rate of the United States.

In terms of the unemployed, of which we have over a million-and-a-half, don't feel particularly bad for many of these people. They don't feel bad about it themselves, as long as they're receiving generous social assistance and unemployment insurance.

thetyee.ca...
What do close advisors to Stephen Harper and George W. Bush have in common? They reflect the disturbing teachings of Leo Strauss, the German-Jewish émigré who spawned the neoconservative movement.
Strauss, who died in 1973, believed in the inherent inequality of humanity. Most people, he famously taught, are too stupid to make informed decisions about their political affairs. Elite philosophers must decide on affairs of state for us.
In Washington, Straussians exert powerful influence from within the inner circle of the White House. In Canada, they roost, for now, in the so-called Calgary School, guiding Harper in framing his election strategies. What preoccupies Straussians in both places is the question of "regime change."
Strauss defined a regime as a set of governing ideas, institutions and traditions. The neoconservatives in the Bush administration, who secretly conspired to make the invasion of Iraq a certainty, had a precise plan for regime change. They weren't out to merely replace Saddam with an American puppet. They planned to make the system more like the U.S., with an electoral process that can be manipulated by the elites, corporate control over the levers of power and socially conservative values.

[edit on 9-5-2007 by tom goose]

````````````````````````````
fixed external quote box and link which was stretching page

[edit on 9/5/07 by masqua]

[edit on 10/5/07 by masqua]

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Why has no Canadian team won the Stanley Cup since Montreal in the early 90's? While providing up to 3/4 of the players on American teams that win?

Don't worry Intrepid. The Sens will bring Lord Stanley's cup home this year. I'm sitting here in my jersey impatiently waiting for the puck to drop and watch my sens kick Sabre ass!!!

GO SENS GO!!!!!!

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   
As a Canadian I have to admit I am not a hockey fan but living so close to Ottawa...Go Sens Go

the Air India Disaster has been reveled to be prior knowledge and yet no one acted...

[edit on 10-5-2007 by junglelord]

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglelord
the Air India Disaster has been reveled to be prior knowledge and yet no one acted...

Speaking of which;
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I watched the Sens play in Kanata last year and I wish I lived closer. Nice spot and a great bunch of fans.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I have officially flagged this thread...

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan

Originally posted by intrepid

Don't worry Intrepid. The Sens will bring Lord Stanley's cup home this year. I'm sitting here in my jersey impatiently waiting for the puck to drop and watch my sens kick Sabre ass!!!

GO SENS GO!!!!!!

They'll have a mighty tough time getting past the Ducks...

Don't worry guys, in 2 years the Habs will win another cup to bring it back home where it belongs.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join